Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Umekichi wrote: »
    I wish something could be done about the gangs of young people that hang around Waddings(Manor), I had to pass the Waddings gang twice yesterday evening and on both occassions, I got abuse hurled at me(Why? I don't know :confused: ). I don't get the appeal of hanging round there

Their always brave in a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I wish something could be done about the gangs of young people that hang around Waddings(Manor), I had to pass the Waddings gang twice yesterday evening and on both occassions, I got abuse hurled at me(Why? I don't know :confused: ). I don't get the appeal of hanging round there

I presume they are from Manor?

Stressica wrote: »
    So I need to get cracking with learning to drive lark, can someone recommend the best driving instructor in town for a complete newbie?

Spotted this in my email this morning. May or may not be of interest.

http://www.grabone.ie/kerry/killorglin-5?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Do Waddings not call the gardai? Surely they are affecting business if they harass people passing the doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Do Waddings not call the gardai? Surely they are affecting business if they harass people passing the doors?

They were closed at this stage, might have been coming up to 8?
    They are always hangin round after they are closed.

• Advertisement

If you live I'm the area have a word with the community garda to keep an eye out.
    If you don't know who the community garda is, just ring the station, they'll let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Ohhhhhhhh how I wish I was a Duck.........

Just keep walking despite the temptation to knock some sence in to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

You'd wonder where they come from. I thought the Manor/Cloghers area was a fairly decent neighbourhood - at least it looks it any time I drive by.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

We gave Rocky Mountain another try last night, food as usual was alright but only alright. What struck me though was how quiet it had got since our last visit. :eek:
    About 10 -12 people in there at 7pm ish and 1 car in the Drive Thru. Staff also reduced dramatically.
    I cant see it lasting if they dont make some big changes.

• Advertisement

We gave Rocky Mountain another try last night, food as usual was alright but only alright. What struck me though was how quiet it had got since our last visit. :eek:
    About 10 -12 people in there at 7pm ish and 1 car in the Drive Thru. Staff also reduced dramatically.
    I cant see it lasting if they dont make some big changes.

About time, the amount of staff they had was just ridiculous and I defo wreckon that led to good portion of problems there. I feel bad for the people who's hours were cut or possibly left go though. Might give it another shot some time now.

ongarboy wrote: »
    You'd wonder where they come from. I thought the Manor/Cloghers area was a fairly decent neighbourhood - at least it looks it any time I drive by.

It is the same with most estates really, little gangs of teenagers no matter where you go even in my own lately and the estate further up from mine.

It has nothing to do on whether the estate is decent it is just kids being kids, some are harmless groups and really don't bother anyone, maybe the odd scream here and there, some think they are the business acting the hard men taunting people, but generally individuals like that get whats coming to them eventually :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyone meet Nidge from Love/Hate around town?

Have to say that if he walked by me I wouldn't know who the hell he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

It is the same with most estates really, little gangs of teenagers no matter where you go even in my own lately and the estate further up from mine.

It has nothing to do on whether the estate is decent it is just kids being kids, some are harmless groups and really don't bother anyone, maybe the odd scream here and there, some think they are the business acting the hard men taunting people, but generally individuals like that get whats coming to them eventually :).

Blame lies with the parents of these little dudes! Where do the parents think they are on a Friday evening, or any other evening for that matter. There are plenty of youth clubs, sports facilities etc in Tralee for teenagers.

In the case of the gang hanging around outside Waddings, is this shop not part of a centre including a petrol filling station? Surely the little tikes can't be doing much for the other business operators? Bring back the birch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The Gluten Free Kitchen in Ivy Tce have a picture of him with their staff up on their FB page. He looks different with hair on him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

He was also in The Snackery, Dunnes and a 2 Euro shop too, judging by pictures I've seen on Facebook throughout the day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Adiboo wrote: »
    He was also in The Snackery, Dunnes and a 2 Euro shop too, judging by pictures I've seen on Facebook throughout the day!

He was also up in Clash checking what was left of he's empire!

He was also up in Clash checking what was left of he's empire!

Didn't know he owned the Tech!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

ongarboy wrote: »
    The Gluten Free Kitchen in Ivy Tce have a picture of him with their staff up on their FB page. He looks different with hair on him!!

Lucky him, his photo taken with two pretty babes!:)

Guess he is also a Fan of Gluten Free Cafe, just like me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Some thunder and lightening storm just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Car alarms going off everywhere!

Love it! Haven't had one like that in a few years have we?

Love it! Haven't had one like that in a few years have we?

Was out at the parents house, unbelievable view of the whole town, and bolts of lightening in the background.

Can't bate a good thunder storm and you staring out from the comfort and safety of your house.

Well I hope it is safe anyway.

Was out at the parents house, unbelievable view of the whole town, and bolts of lightening in the background.

Can't bate a good thunder storm and you staring out from the comfort and safety of your house.

Well I hope it is safe anyway.

My cardboard box has a coathanger on top, makes a great lightning conductor ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

the house felt like it shook at one point! that was unreal! I'm a bit of a baby though & was kinda freaking out! lol

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the house felt like it shook at one point! that was unreal! I'm a bit of a baby though & was kinda freaking out! lol
    There was one blast around 9 or so that definitely shook our foundations. The electricity did not falter through it and the TV only flickered once.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    There was one blast around 9 or so that definitely shook our foundations. The electricity did not falter through it and the TV only flickered once.

I was coming down the stairs, saw the flash & I am sure the house shook! I almost started crying, that was really freaky!
    I think my parents electricity went off for a bit. Ours is fine, although I have the candles lit just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

We are in limerick, the gfs parents rang saying they think her car was hit by lightening outside their house in Ballyard as the alarm was going off. I thought it was probably only the rain or the shock wave of the thunder. Good to see that hers wasn't the only alarm set off by the shock. My theory was right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Our power went for about 30 mins - an hour. Right in the middle of party prep!
    We ended up just going to bed early :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement