Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Best.lightning.storm.ever!
    The flashes were mental! Lit up the whole place! Seemed like it was right on top of us too.
    I was driving down from the college into town at 9pm, and my wipers couldn't keep up with the rain! Had to pull in for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Best storm ever ? it fried our tv last night :mad: I thought turning off the tv during a thunderstorm was an old wives tale. ( missing the end of the x-factor upset the wife even more though I think )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

tfer wrote: »
    Best storm ever ? it fried our tv last night :mad: I thought turning off the tv during a thunderstorm was an old wives tale. ( missing the end of the x-factor upset the wife even more though I think )

Tv on or off wouldn't matter unfortunately.
    It's more than likely hit your satellite, or aerial. The co-ax cable is a wonderful conductor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

our electricity stayed on thankfully, although my parents did loose theirs in other side of town.
    Some of the town was off & other parts were fine.

I was in town earlier and saw that Boots are shut today because of the weather.
    Seems their computer system was knocked out by the lightening last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Pity about Boots but there was a pleasant air about town this afternoon with several shops open.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was in town earlier and saw that Boots are shut today because of the weather.
    Seems their computer system was knocked out by the lightening last night

oh that's not good! I know how annoying it is when the computer systems go down in work, we have stayed open when its happened before & had to write every single thing sold down, then scan them all in when it was back up and running....very tedius! Thankfully we were fine last night, other businesses not far from us lost their power! Seemed like it was from Castle street down and other parts were fine! Odd how that happens!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    oh that's not good! I know how annoying it is when the computer systems go down in work, we have stayed open when its happened before & had to write every single thing sold down, then scan them all in when it was back up and running....very tedius! Thankfully we were fine last night, other businesses not far from us lost their power! Seemed like it was from Castle street down and other parts were fine! Odd how that happens!

From the slieve mish down is on the same electrical phase as the hospital.
    You won't lose power unless it's beyond help

From the slieve mish down is on the same electrical phase as the hospital.
    You won't lose power unless it's beyond help

yeah, thought it must be on a different line...good for us! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2jSD5OaLhU&sns=em

Are you proud of Tralee...... I AM!!!!

• Advertisement

traleespud wrote: »

great video, really does make me proud :) well done to all involved!

Can't wait for Sully's take on this ;)

Brullent! Well done all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    great video, really does make me proud :) well done to all involved!

Great video. Well done!:)

Who??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 krutt

Did you see the other video http://youtu.be/l1oabNsqs7s
    Its also great, well done to the production team.

krutt wrote: »

Excellent!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Do they have internet in jail???

Guess not!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

krutt wrote: »

Not sure I'm mad about this video. I think the whole Irish dancing thing has been done to death with Riverdance and all it's various reincarnations and here it just seems to distract from the actual promotion of Tralee! (...ps...I'm glad it wasn't me being captured coming down the Aquadome slide during the filming..!!:P)

I think the other video with the vocal endorsements captures the essence of Tralee and it's attractions more effectively.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not sure I'm mad about this video. I think the whole Irish dancing thing has been done to death with Riverdance and all it's various reincarnations and here it just seems to distract from the actual promotion of Tralee! (...ps...I'm glad it wasn't me being captured coming down the Aquadome slide during the filming..!!:P)

I think the other video with the vocal endorsements captures the essence of Tralee and it's attractions more effectively.

I thought it was you coming down the slide!;)

Delighted they captured my yacht on the second video:)

Eight new jobs are to be created for Tralee with the opening of Claire’s in Manor West Retail Park.

Claire’s is a speciality retailer of jewellery and accessories for teens and tweens.

It’ll open shortly replacing the former Paco Store in the mall at Manor West Retail Park.(radio Kerry)

good news, it didn't take them long to find another tenant!
    I do remember Claire's accessories being in the Debenhams store a few years ago, as a consession store, and it left!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Ahhh I saw jobs for Claire's in Tralee advertised a while back and I was confused because there was no Claire's and it wasn't coming as far as I knew, glad its coming back to Manor!

Had a lovely meal in the Night Jar a few nights ago with the parents for their anniversary, food was lovely and quick coming, cant wait to go back and wasn't that expensive either :) Had planned to go to Il Pomo Doro but they weren't open for lunch (I thought they did though? )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Anyone think that the traffic is a little more congested since the bypass opened?.

Coming through the manor west roundabout I found no difference in the reduction of traffic and I pass through around 5:10 most evenings, and there is definitely more traffic at the roundabout by the apple green station.

There should defo be markings at the roundabout by Ballygarry, for the simple reason some people have no concept what lane they should be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Guess not!;)

They might in the holding cells in the Barracks....seeing as he knows so much about them.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

kn wrote: »
    They might in the holding cells in the Barracks....seeing as he knows so much about them.......

Whatever happened to no personal attacks on other posters?

Anyone think that the traffic is a little more congested since the bypass opened?.

No its definitely quieter as a result of the by pass. Even the Castlemorris Roundabout.

The new roundabout at Lidle gets choked in the morning as traffic from the bypass and castlemaine converge.

Whats with the Killarney single carriageway that many cars just mooch along at 80 km/h? Its very frustrating as the limit on this stretch is 100km/h and its very difficult to pass the moochers.

No its definitely quieter as a result of the by pass. Even the Castlemorris Roundabout.

The new roundabout at Lidle gets choked in the morning as traffic from the bypass and castlemaine converge.

Whats with the Killarney single carriageway that many cars just mooch along at 80 km/h? Its very frustrating as the limit on this stretch is 100km/h and its very difficult to pass the moochers.

I saw a 60kph sign on a stretch of that road yesterday, thought it was rather
    odd.:confused::confused:

pookiesboo wrote: »
    My apologies Del. I know its not like you to make personal attacks on people:)

Apology accepted.

Best Wishes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Whatever happened to no personal attacks on other posters?

Exactly, to be fair lads, referring to Sully being in Jail isn't exactly fair, unless you can prove that he actually is....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement