Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

traleespud wrote: »
    Do they have internet in jail???
    Guess not!;)

That's a bit tasty, lads, can ye back it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Wow my time machine works!!!, its July all over again here on boards Tralee thread!

I thought all this agro was done with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Wow my time machine works!!!, its July all over again here on boards Tralee thread!

I thought all this agro was done with!

Ah there's no aggro, I think secretly people miss Sully, he's not always to everyone's taste, but the place isn't the same without him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Ah there's no aggro, I think secretly people miss Sully, he's not always to everyone's taste, but the place isn't the same without him :)

Me arse, this place is like an arab spring, one thing and bam, civil war. The Free sullian army, and the Delian regime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 krutt

I see the council are going to do something about the site opposite the GAA grounds - about time, its a real eye sore coming into Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Were there any phone problems due to the storm Saturday night or is it just me? My landline is gone and router totally dead, no lights even coming on. Have been on to Vodafone who say the line coming into house is testing fine, suggested I try a different phone which I did but dead as dodo. Waiting for engineer sometime this week hopefully, was this widespread or just unlucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

krutt wrote: »
    I see the council are going to do something about the site opposite the GAA grounds - about time, its a real eye sore coming into Tralee.

By 'doing something' from what I gathered the Town Council wrote to, or were otherwise in contact with, the receivers who disposed of the property via a thrid party. They have not been in contact with the purchasers of the property in which the Council was an unsuccessful bidder i.e. the Council does not know who owns the property which means they cannot have tried that hard as that information would be available in the Land Registry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

phormium wrote: »
    Were there any phone problems due to the storm Saturday night or is it just me? My landline is gone and router totally dead, no lights even coming on. Have been on to Vodafone who say the line coming into house is testing fine, suggested I try a different phone which I did but dead as dodo. Waiting for engineer sometime this week hopefully, was this widespread or just unlucky?

my dad's office phones have the same problem! They were told the lines are fine, so they are just trying to get it sorted now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

that discount shop 'U Save' in the Mall looks like its closed down! Makes sense now why they were selling off all their Christmas decorations in the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

I thought it was you coming down the slide!;)

Delighted they captured my yacht on the second video:)

Nice little boat you got there Walter. Whats the insurance like on one of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    that discount shop 'U Save' in the Mall looks like its closed down! Makes sense now why they were selling off all their Christmas decorations in the summer!

If the discounters are closing down what's left?? I'd imagine the cafe bubble will be the next one to burst!! The price of 'tea and cakes' is just too cheap in Tralee - it's not going to end pretty!!! :)

No aggro?? Why not?? "How would you know" Lelantos?

Sully34 wrote: »
    No aggro?? Why not?? "How would you know" Lelantos?

Because I'm as pure as the driven snow me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I saw a 60kph sign on a stretch of that road yesterday, thought it was rather odd.:confused::confused:

Thanks for that del. There is a weird 60kph on the older stretch of Killarney road before you get to the new by pass! I suspect it was a temporary speed limit associated with construction or it refers to the side road and is twisted toward the main carriage way.

traleespud wrote: »
    Do they have internet in jail???

"Hi all just looking for some advice!!!
    My young lad is currently in 3rd class he attends a small country all boys school and there are only five other boys in third class with him. As with many country school he shares his teacher and classroom with 4th class.

For maths each day the 6 boys from third class are taken by a different teacher solely for maths.

The last week or so they have started the + times tables. The homework for maths has consisted of learning a particular set from the tables. My young lad spent 40 mins one night learning them and we signed off his homework happy that he had a good knowledge of them!!!!

The following day he received "lines" because he failed to recite them in seconds as required by the teacher.

Does anyone else think that receiving a punishment for something like this that a child has tried his best at is totally appalling???

Am I over reacting ??? I always had the thinking that punishment at school should only be administered for behaviour or discipline and never for educational efforts.
    Please help!!?!?"
    user_offline.pngreport.gif

Maybe if you spent less time on boards wondering about my whereabouts and spend more time helping the lad with his homework he wouldnt be as thick as two ****ing planks

You been left back into the footie forum yet Sully?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Maybe if you spent less time on boards wondering about my whereabouts and spend more time helping the lad with his homework he wouldnt be as thick as two ****ing planks

Its a bit low bringing he's kids into your argument, but why is it not a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any places in town where a man can pick up a last minute Halloween costume? I know Woodys have some stuff but anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

siblers wrote: »
    Any places in town where a man can pick up a last minute Halloween costume? I know Woodys have some stuff but anywhere else?

Heatons? Penneys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Never have I laughed so much. Priceless.com

• Advertisement

You been left back into the footie forum yet Sully?

Sorry but who are you again?

Its a bit low bringing he's kids into your argument, but why is it not a surprise!

Get back to your curtain twitching, I think there may be some undesirables making **** of your flower beds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

phormium wrote: »
    Yep internet went Saturday night from the storm.Its the new Vodafone fibre one.Only difference to yours is that every light is on when i turn it back on.Getting a new one shipped out,hope it works.:(

siblers wrote: »

definitely try Heaton's, but also try the likes of the Euro shops in the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cool, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

Focus next to turners lots of costumes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

That's not on.

Don't come crying to me because of the 'abuse' from others on here, then post up stuff like that soon after. It works both ways.
    It's because of postings like this by you that some others on here find it appropriate to have a dig at you. If you want to be taken seriously stop acting the clown. And less of this ****ing posting too, it's not nice to read, you can emphasize your points in other ways without it.
    I'm not going to put up with a barrage if PMs like the last time this happened, and neither is 440hz.
    Thanks.

Sorry but who are you again?

I am the eggman, they are the eggmen
    I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Even for you Sully that was low. Banter is one thing what this is is totally unacceptable!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I was wondering how long till this started back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement