Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

traleespud wrote: »
    Even for you Sully that was low. Banter is one thing what this is is totally unacceptable!!!

You are hardly the best judge of what is considered acceptable behaviour, given that you recently implied that Sully was in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

groovie wrote: »
    You are hardly the best judge of what is considered acceptable behaviour, given that you recently implied that Sully was in jail.

In fairness things were nice and civil here until until somebody decided to stir trouble again, and it wasnt Sully this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Mind you, given the nature of forums etc, I wouldn't be surprised if someday I would be having this conversation with myself. People like to spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

That's not on.

Don't come crying to me because of the 'abuse' from others on here, then post up stuff like that soon after. It works both ways.
    It's because of postings like this by you that some others on here find it appropriate to have a dig at you. If you want to be taken seriously stop acting the clown. And less of this ****ing posting too, it's not nice to read, you can emphasize your points in other ways without it.
    I'm not going to put up with a barrage if PMs like the last time this happened, and neither is 440hz.
    Thanks.

"Appropiate" you say. It seems like your the only one here that feels its appropiate to call me out on the forum and not in my messages. I havent even been posting on this thing because of all the aggro and then I have to find out from somebody else that my name is being mentioned on boards saying that im in jail, but all you did about it was say it wasnt on but if they could prove it then it would be okay.

As for my post,this is the internet,if the lad cant take a bit of a slagging on this yolk then God help him in the real world. Get yer heads out of yer holes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Anyone doing anything special for Halloween?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

What's with Main Street (the street Kerry Radio is on that runs to the Abbeygate/Tralee Central Hotel) been closed by the Gardai due to some 'incident'?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Its Maine St after the River. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Anyone doing anything special for Halloween?:)

Apart from lighting a pumpkin, turning down the blinds and not answering the door to trick or treaters, (that's if they come - I bought loads of fun size treats last year and no-one rang the door for the first time ever so didn't buy anything this year - the kids have gotten older in my street so might explain it!) nothing much. Might catch a movie on Netflix!

Well I guess the moral of the story is TraleeSpud actually took my advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Sully34 wrote: »
    Well I guess the moral of the story is TraleeSpud actually took my advice

Your great craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It seems like your the only one here...

"you are" or "you're" if you spent more time focusing on your English rather than boards you wouldn't come across as being thicker than two short planks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

xxyyzz wrote: »
    "you are" or "you're" if you spent more time focusing on your English rather than boards you wouldn't come across as being thicker than two short planks.

Boards should start with a capital letter.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Boards should start with a capital letter.

:)

Only if you're a fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

**** me like this is escalating quickly.

If ye want to have a tit for tat match seriously take it to the chit/chat forum honestly, while I enjoy a good argument and banter (depending on it's usage) I seriously could not be holed with another month of bull****, mod intervention, threads closed/re-opened, people receiving warning, people banned.

Those who started this with the greatest respect, end it, and it is very easy to do so.

Youse just cant mind youse own business can youse

Some of them were just not cut out for it - poor Willie O'Connor was a lovely fellow but just got an awful time of it. I dunno how he held it together some days. He really didn't deserve the abuse he got, but classrooms in the green were no place for the faint-hearted.

Do you really want to go down this road? "Dunno"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Do you really want to go down this road? "Dunno"

Copperhead road!

Personally I think Sully feels a bit put out & we should all give him a group hug.
    C'mere big fella I'm first you sexy big hunk ya!

**** me like this is escalating quickly.

If ye want to have a tit for tat match seriously take it to the chit/chat forum honestly, while I enjoy a good argument and banter (depending on it's usage) I seriously could not be holed with another month of bull****, mod intervention, threads closed/re-opened, people receiving warning, people banned.

Those who started this with the greatest respect, end it, and it is very easy to do so.

I agree but it seems one of the three that started all this aint around anymore and the other two just dont have the backbone

• Registered Users Posts: 59,615 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

I second the proposal that we restart on a clean sheet- let's extend each other a virtual handshake (or if Howard really wants a virtual hug...;)).

And [importantly] let's also be willing to admit/ man enough to admit/big enough to admit that if we make an error -whether an error of fact or a grammar error or whatever the error might be- that we're big enough to acknowledge it and even feel grateful for having the correction pointed out. We're all human: "The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything."

Nothing to be gained from letting the threads turn into a perpetual tit-for-tat sniping contest or unnecessarily provocative remarks- there are plenty of other forums where you can experience that. There's a risk that if it was a feature of the Tralee thread that it could alienate casual browsers who are in some way interested in Tralee's goings-on.

It would be nice to think that we're a bit more tolerant/ mature about stuff here. That's my tuppence worth- I'm a very occasional poster and more regular lurker on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Over a hundred youngsters (13/14/15 yo) gathered at the Spar in Caherslee. Guards speaking to them just now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Over a hundred youngsters (13/14/15 yo) gathered at the Spar in Caherslee. Guards speaking to them just now.

Throwing eggs at people I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

About an hour ago a gang of trick 'r treaters walked through my front door, didn't even bother knocking. If they wanted to scare, it was mission accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Tralee Equestrian centre, hoping to get adult lessons there, what's peoples experience/feedback with them? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I just text my sister to make sure that my nephew is at home...thankfully he is! :D

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I just text my sister to make sure that my nephew is at home...thankfully he is! :D

A lot of alcohol involved too, it's going to get messy later

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did anyone see/hear the sax player in the square today? He was brilliant.

siblers wrote: »
    Did anyone see/hear the sax player in the square today? He was brilliant.

He's been travelling between Killarney & Tralee all year, not bad at all.

First time i've come across him, made a nice change from the usual ****e you'd hear on the streets.

• Advertisement

First time i've come across him, made a nice change from the usual ****e you'd hear on the streets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement