Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I think we may have to reconvene the Moriarty Tribunal & see can we find out who's responsible for this. Can we blame Bertie for this too? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I dunno folks. I am responsible for trying to split the thread, but not for anything getting deleted or for the thread being inaccessible. That is being controlled above my head. Sorry that I tried to tidy it up now :( Hopefully they will get around to restoring it. If I don't get a response by the weekend I will chase it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ok apart from all this faffing around , is there anything going on in Tralee?:)

Damokc wrote: »
    Post counts are how boardies measure the size their flashy red sports cars!

How did you know that I drive a red sports car?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lelantos wrote: »
    I think we may have to reconvene the Moriarty Tribunal & see can we find out who's responsible for this. Can we blame Bertie for this too? ;)

Only if the Mod got bags of money to remove the posts! Lol

• Advertisement

The lawyers got well paid for that Tribunal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

They've opened up a new stretch of road in front of the IT in Dromtacker. The increased elevation has really opened up the view from there. No kidding, last night I could look to Brandon Point and at least 180 degrees around towards Rathmore. It's spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Let's see how many posts I have left; not that I had a pile but starting again from zero is balls.
    Does anyone know what is going on just beside FÁS in Monavalley as I noticed few months back workers levelling the ground as they are going to make a road or something. Looks strange.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see an empty unit has been filled beside Euro Focus, where that art gallery was up to a year or so ago. There appears to be a Halal & oriental foodstore going in there. Not sure how much of a demand there is for another one of those types of stores, as there is already one in Castle St. and Boherbee.
    They are good shops though, you can get some lovely stuff, and huge bags of rice which are great value!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see an empty unit has been filled beside Euro Focus, where that art gallery was up to a year or so ago. There appears to be a Halal & oriental foodstore going in there. Not sure how much of a demand there is for another one of those types of stores, as there is already one in Castle St. and Boherbee.
    They are good shops though, you can get some lovely stuff, and huge bags of rice which are great value!

Yed, its right beside Jess McCarthy's bar, that's going to go down well with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bryan Cooper picks up first winner at Aintree today on First Lieutenant

Great couple of months he is having

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Jaysus what happened here ?

Seeing as my previous post is no more. I would like to state for the record (and for the benefit of any digital archaeologists who maybe reading this in the futures) that I seem to be the only one to remember Tralee's 400 birthday last Sunday, ( I went on the piss with it, and had cake) the rest of ye should be ashamed !

kingdumb wrote: »
    Jaysus what happened here ?

Seeing as my previous post is no more. I would like to state for the record (and for the benefit of any digital archaeologists who maybe reading this in the futures) that I seem to be the only one to remember Tralee's 400 birthday last Sunday, ( I went on the piss with it, and had cake) the rest of ye should be ashamed !
    Looks like the Tralee thread went on the beer with you & lost a few years of its life! I'm not blaming 440 anymore, I'm blaming you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ok apart from all this faffing around , is there anything going on in Tralee?:)
    Story on the front page of the Kerryman is that an elderly lady had her handbag stolen while doing the stations of the cross in St Johns Easter Friday. Looks as if they deliberately targeted her.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

the only one to remember Tralee's 400 birthday last Sunday..
    Tralee one hundred times older than the mobile phone!

Its interesting to note that Tralee Town Council is to be abolished in the 400th year of local administration in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I know,I think there hoping that Fenit been used as a service base,which will create jobs,but this is all pie in the sky if you ask me,they could easily use Castletownbere

Also seen the goverment have granted money to for work on Fenit Harbour,I remember reading a few years back that there was plans to develop Fenit so cruise ships could come in there,havent heard anything since about this and the cruise ships now go into Foynes

It was rumored that Liebherr have planned to build a mini factory in Fenit as well,for assembling crane parts before they are loaded on to the ships,going to be interesting to see if this goes ahead.

Back in the 70's (I think) there was an attempt to drill for oil in the same location but the technology wasn't good enough at the time to extract anything. Fenit was the base for servicing and supplying the rigs so I would assume that if this goes ahead, it will be again.

Exxon are currently moving a rig from the west coast of Africa to start drilling 200km off the Kerry coast next week. I think I read that it was at a cost of about €20 million so I reckon they are fairly serious about it.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Back in the 70's (I think) there was an attempt to drill for oil in the same location but the technology wasn't good enough at the time to extract anything. Fenit was the base for servicing and supplying the rigs so I would assume that if this goes ahead, it will be again.

Exxon are currently moving a rig from the west coast of Africa to start drilling 200km off the Kerry coast next week. I think I read that it was at a cost of about €20 million so I reckon they are fairly serious about it.

Ya I read that in the Kerrys Eye yesterday,this is the rig that's on its way

http://www.ocean-rig.com/Fleet/Eirik-Raude-/A5E5F20E-9DA7-4EEE-8BE9-092B69A48CFF/1

You could be right there, the last thing I remember was throwing up all over Tralee, then Tralee knock me out, some night...
    Looks like the Tralee thread went on the beer with you & lost a few years of its life! I'm not blaming 440 anymore, I'm blaming you!

I think the town council will see it's 401st birthday as it is not to be abolished until 2014 (or maybe 2015 when ever the next election is)
    Its interesting to note that Tralee Town Council is to be abolished in the 400th year of local administration in the town.

kn wrote: »
    Story on the front page of the Kerryman is that an elderly lady had her handbag stolen while doing the stations of the cross in St Johns Easter Friday. Looks as if they deliberately targeted her.

That is outrageous behaviour. The scumbag who did this to a defenceless old lady deserves a long time in the cooler. It would give him plenty of time to reflect on his behaviour. A few exemplary sentences would send a message out to the scumbag community that behaviour like this will not be tolerated.
    Even the do-gooders cannot condone this behaviour.

You could be right there, the last thing I remember was throwing up all over Tralee, then Tralee knock me out, some night...

I think the town council will see it's 401st birthday as it is not to be abolished until 2014 (or maybe 2015 when ever the next election is)

Throwing up all over Tralee is hardly something to boast about...

• Advertisement

Pause Play Vintage Boutique opens this Saturday, in the old Maddens shop on Market Lane (Beside Lyon's or near the rear entrance to the CH or the Mall Tavern)

562597_439912226097625_1440659655_n.jpg

Is there much call for that retro gear do you know?

Can't imagine much demand apart from a handful of collectors.

The presentation in the photo looks good, I can imagine quite a few visitors calling in to the shop for nostalgic reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Hipster heaven.

What about retro sports gear? Could be an opening for a shop,anyone on here want to fund it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

That retro place looks promising, just had a gawk on their facebook page, nice stock. Makes a change from those God awful bodycon dresses that went out of fashion a couple of years ago but some young ones still insist on trying to squeeze themselves into. Nothing wrong with a bit of individuality. Wish them luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Read on Reddit yesterday that that oil company got off having to do pay for a huge cleanup in Alaska( I think). On phone now. Will look for link later. How far off shower does it have to be to become international waters by the?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    That retro place looks promising, just had a gawk on their facebook page, nice stock. Makes a change from those God awful bodycon dresses that went out of fashion a couple of years ago but some young ones still insist on trying to squeeze themselves into. Nothing wrong with a bit of individuality. Wish them luck!

Absolutely, best wishes to them in their new venture. Makes a difference to yet another coffee shop. Think I am all coffe'd out!

Absolutely, best wishes to them in their new venture. Makes a difference to yet another coffee shop. Think I am all coffe'd out!

Noooo! Get this man 100cc's of expresso stat!

• Advertisement

Can't imagine much demand apart from a handful of collectors.

The presentation in the photo looks good, I can imagine quite a few visitors calling in to the shop for nostalgic reasons.

That's the problem, it would be lovely to wander in, stroll around, reminisce & then walk out without purchasing a thing. Wish them the very best & hope that none of the PETA posters here notice the fur coat in the pictures background

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement