Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

seosamh is a girl, well, this one is anyway :) I think the other poster knows that too, that was the joke, it was the bit saying Joe and not seosamh that confused me, I thought maybe I was being big headed thinking I was being talked about when maybe I wasn't :p

It was an attempt at a joke, was probably a lot funnier in my head, sorry no offence meant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

not a hope would I walk that far up that road in the dark for a drink or two.

Its a good walk from town alright, but Caherslee is hardly LA South Central. I grew up there, no issues after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Being quite honest, somebody with a masters degree probably isn't! qualified to do a proper cleaning job.

You know what I actually agree with you

I know a lad that has just got his phd and he genuinely couldn't boil an egg.

The agua dome is just jumping on the free gravy train for labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Its a good walk from town alright, but Caherslee is hardly LA South Central. I grew up there, no issues after dark.

So did I. I never said it was South Central, it's just a long dark walk from the town centre if you're not from here. And to be honest as a teenage/young adult girl I never walked it alone in the dark, neither did my friends, because we did actually have a few incidents of being followed/mildly harassed along the route. This wouldn't happen to an adult group walking up the road together, but it is a long walk to do on what might possibly be a frosty night, I wouldn't suggest it to someone as a mere 15 minute walk, it's definitely in need of transport for a group of guests from out of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Would you try Betty's Bar up in Strand Road? Lovely homely pub, always a great atmosphere and tourists love it. Ring ahead and I'm sure Mary & Sean will accommodate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 krutt

The Aqua Dome actually provides a great service to the town of Tralee attracting business from all over the Country to the town. If it was being purely commercial it would only operate 3 months of the year (like many other attractions of this type) It receives no subsidy and provides vital employment. If you have a problem with the Job Bridge scheme take it up with your politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

krutt wrote: »
    The Aqua Dome actually provides a great service to the town of Tralee attracting business from all over the Country to the town. If it was being purely commercial it would only operate 3 months of the year (like many other attractions of this type) It receives no subsidy and provides vital employment. If you have a problem with the Job Bridge scheme take it up with your politicians.

Not familiar with the concept of a discussion board?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Well it's official! Radio Kerry have now announced that Burger King is coming to Tralee along with another Subway and an Applegreen restaurant as part of a new foodcourt. As Applegreen are a petrol station, I wonder will they be incorporating a garage too?

Rocky Mountain management confirmed to them today as per below.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/burger-king-is-coming-to-tralee/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    Well it's official! Radio Kerry have now announced that Burger King is coming to Tralee along with another Subway and an Applegreen restaurant as part of a new foodcourt. As Applegreen are a petrol station, I wonder will they be incorporating a garage too?

so its basically going to be a foodcourt!
    I had heard Subway may be going in, and Costa coffee, so that bit was wrong, but the coffee shop bit was right I guess!
    Why isn't it happening until January though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Cleaning intern?, another crowd taking full advantage of the jobbridge scheme.

Bloody crap makes me sick. The intern will gain valuable experience in being exploited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Cleaning intern?, another crowd taking full advantage of the jobbridge scheme.

Bloody crap makes me sick. The intern will gain valuable experience in being exploited.

Here here. That place makes my blood boil.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Had to zoom in but its a Muslim woman with the headscarf. Looks like its Kellihers by the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

kn wrote: »
    Had to zoom in but its a Muslim woman with the headscarf. Looks like its Kellihers by the hospital.

No it's not. It's Applegreen in Manor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Fairies Cross was my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Clearly Fairies Cross haha

its Fairies cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

ongarboy wrote: »

Three Subways. Burger King. Macdonalds. Abrakebabra. MJs. Burger shack.
    Seems fast food really is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

There's a big round screen thing in Manor that seems to have a perpetual ad for Coca Cola on in it, least it had last time i was there a week or so ago, What's the deal there?
    Someone said to me it was owned by Tralees greatest Elvis impersonator, Mr Leen?
    There's a massive screen up outside the Streat too. And how in the name of jeebus Kellihers got planning for their one is beyond me. At night it flashes so bright it's blinding.
    Is advertisement where it's at three days or is there too many on the bandwagon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

There's a big round screen thing in Manor that seems to have a perpetual ad for Coca Cola on in it, least it had last time i was there a week or so ago, What's the deal there?
    Someone said to me it was owned by Tralees greatest Elvis impersonator, Mr Leen?
    There's a massive screen up outside the Streat too. And how in the name of jeebus Kellihers got planning for their one is beyond me. At night it flashes so bright it's blinding.
    Is advertisement where it's at three days or is there too many on the bandwagon?

I havent seen that screen yet, but Mark Leen did mention that he owned it in the Tralee Advertiser recently.
    On a seperate note, he also said a few weeks ago that he had sold the Tralee Advertiser to Chris Shortt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

That sign at Kellihers is shocking bright, was just wondering how on earth it was allowed when I was driving in that road couple of nights ago quite late, it would really blind you.

Made a mental note to send angry email to someone but of course promptly forgot about it next day!

That actually has made me squint driving past it at night, it's ridiculously bright, like, do they think anybody cares that much about a big ad screen to be blinded by it at night?

Can't forget also the time I was walking around the back of Rath graveyard, furthest from the road. And could hear the speakers from Kellihers advertising car washes or something absolutely perfectly. Not nice to think grieving families can't escape cheery (irritating) ads while visiting the graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Did I miss the announcement on the news about the end of the world being nigh???

Going by Aldi this morning the end of the world must be upon us. The car park was full and inside was well full with shoppers. I understand that the opening day of a store is going to attract shoppers but they have had the place in Rathass for donkey's years so its not is if they are a novelty!!

kn wrote: »
    Did I miss the announcement on the news about the end of the world being nigh???

Going by Aldi this morning the end of the world must be upon us. The car park was full and inside was well full with shoppers. I understand that the opening day of a store is going to attract shoppers but they have had the place in Rathass for donkey's years so its not is if they are a novelty!!

I said the same thing today! People were going on about it this morning like it was someting new... :rolleyes: erm there has been an Aldi in town for a few years now...just a new building...not exactly the most exciting thing to happen to the town! lol I know its more jobs etc, although when you think that jobs in 'Buy Lo' may be affected, then its not so great!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Worst thing I find about Kellihers light up sigh is when you approach it and it goes black I find myself bracing for the blast of super bright White/red lights just as I pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

Just after hearing that KFC could be going into Randle's old car showroom. Don't know how true it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

What is this woman doing wrong? Sorry l dont own a car or have anything to do with petrol pumps :o l know that hose looks a bit too long.......

What is this woman doing wrong? Sorry l dont own a car or have anything to do with petrol pumps :o l know that hose looks a bit too long.......

She's parked at one pump and using another. She has dragged it right across the space she should've parked her car in, beside the pump she's using, making it much more difficult for herself and blocking anybody else pulling into that space. And it looks stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

She's parked at one pump and using another. She has dragged it right across the space she should've parked her car, making it much more difficult for herself and blocking anybody else pulling into that space. And it looks stupid.

I'm just after figureing it out :o:D:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement