Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Congratulations to the Naries on winning the league today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ahem!....yeah congrats I guess :(:( hard luck Stacks, not been our year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

It never is! :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It never is! :P

nope, not for a long time! (1994 springs to mind LOL) :D

nope, not for a long time! (1994 springs to mind LOL) :D

You'll have to switch allegiances to John Mitchels ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I'm quite strangely proud of the fact that I grew up in Tralee and have no idea what the Naries are, I know it's sport related but that's it. Good job on remaining oblivious I think :)

You'll have to switch allegiances to John Mitchels ;)

not likely! lol

I'm quite strangely proud of the fact that I grew up in Tralee and have no idea what the Naries are, I know it's sport related but that's it. Good job on remaining oblivious I think :)

the narries is the nickname for Kerins O'Rahilly's GAA club in Strand road!

the narries is the nickname for Kerins O'Rahilly's GAA club in Strand road!

Yeah I figured it was a nickname, I just have so little interest I managed to not learn anything about it/them/whatever in 20+ years! The only thing I learned about sport growing up in Tralee was that boys who played sport were not for me, all this "I have training tonight, I have a match Sunday so can't go out" blah blah, put me right off. Stuck with musicians and barmen :P

Yeah I figured it was a nickname, I just have so little interest I managed to not learn anything about it/them/whatever in 20+ years! The only thing I learned about sport growing up in Tralee was that boys who played sport were not for me, all this "I have training tonight, I have a match Sunday so can't go out" blah blah, put me right off. Stuck with musicians and barmen :P

I love Gaelic football, I played for the Stacks ladies as a teen! I don't have any brothers, but my dads love of it rubbed off on his daughters a bit! My little nephew on the other hand has very little interest in it! lol

• Advertisement

I love Gaelic football, I played for the Stacks ladies as a teen! I don't have any brothers, but my dads love of it rubbed off on his daughters a bit! My little nephew on the other hand has very little interest in it! lol

I couldn't have even told you it's Gaelic football they play. They being Tralee in general :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Were you at the game Ciarrai?

Any chance of small report? On who played well etc......

Were you at the game Ciarrai?

Any chance of small report? On who played well etc......

wasn't at it unfortunately, wasn't feeling the best so stayed in bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

wasn't at it unfortunately, wasn't feeling the best so stayed in bed!

Hope you are feeling better:)

Very nice.........Are there no footballers in Kerry anymore?:confused:

His mom is a Listowel woman so that's why they have got him down to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

His mom is a Listowel woman so that's why they have got him down to do the job.

There is an article in one of the papers about some people in Listowel being 'up in arms' about a Dublin player being brought in to turn on the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I dunno how Aldi win taste awards, a lot of their stuff is still a poor copy of others.

Their gin is ridiculously good if that helps anyone!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/apr/22/aldi-own-label-gin-taste

Hup! Couldn't make it down home yesterday as I was double booked but was proudly wearing my Strand Road jersey around Ranelagh while trying to keep up to date on Twitter.

Was in a restaurant having something to eat when my dad called me up with the result and I nearly turned the table upsidedown fist-pumping and roaring - got a couple of strange looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

kn wrote: »
    There is an article in one of the papers about some people in Listowel being 'up in arms' about a Dublin player being brought in to turn on the lights.

The rationale from the people making the decision was that they deliberately elected to bring someone from outside the town but with a connection to it in this year in a sort of "The Gathering" spirit.

Seems like a good idea to me, xmas is a nice time to reach out and bring people together. Certainly would think people "up in arms" over it could do with a dose of cop on and a more charitable attitude, we're all friends.
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    The head of the Listowel Traders Assoc gave an interview on Radio Kerry yesterday, about the decision to invite BB down to turn their lights on. She said that they made a deliberate decision to invite someone who had close family ties to Listowel (BB's Ma is from Listowel) but who didn't grow up or live there, and invite them & their family members who moved away back, as part of The Gathering.

So that's why they went with Berno & not someone from Kerry, or Listowel itself. I heard some of the texts read out about it on the air. Seemed about 50/50. Some of the nastier ones seemed very, very mean spirted. It must be hard for the family that he still has living there, to listen to that.

anyone notice a shop pop up in Castle Street, next to Hilsers? I can't remember the name, but they have big pink signs up & 2 American flags above. They seem to be selling hair straighteners...and that's it! I am assuming its temporary for the Christmas season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

anyone notice a shop pop up in Castle Street, next to Hilsers? I can't remember the name, but they have big pink signs up & 2 American flags above. They seem to be selling hair straighteners...and that's it! I am assuming its temporary for the Christmas season.

I saw the rather horrible frontage passing yesterday. But TBH I could not for the life of me figure out what they were selling or what service was being providing from all the writing!

• Advertisement

Yep, and yep. Saw it and remarked on it the other day.
    Heaven help any poor girl who buys a straighteners in there, warranty runs until Dec 24th I'd say.

Heaven help any poor girl who buys a straighteners in there, warranty runs until Dec 24th I'd say.

there was a similar place in St. Stephen's green in Dublin when I was up recently. It wasn't quite the same shop, but they seemed to be selling hair care & straighteners. There was a guy at the door trying to get me to come in...thanks but no thanks! I don't think they are the same business, but it reminded me of them!
    I can't see them being that busy, but I'm sure they'll sell a few for Christmas!

there was a similar place in St. Stephen's green in Dublin when I was up recently. It wasn't quite the same shop, but they seemed to be selling hair care & straighteners. There was a guy at the door trying to get me to come in...thanks but no thanks! I don't think they are the same business, but it reminded me of them!
    I can't see them being that busy, but I'm sure they'll sell a few for Christmas!

Desperate boyfriends & hubbys at 4pm Xmas eve I'd say will be there main business.......you're not in the market for A new straightners yourself are you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

kn wrote: »
    ....some people in Listowel being 'up in arms' about a Dublin player .........

Perhaps they were up in the Listowel Arms:)

But there is a long tradition of Dublin footballers visiting Listowel particularily during the listowel races in September and and even writers week. I reckon this is a piece of pre event publicity hype! More power to them.

Desperate boyfriends & hubbys at 4pm Xmas eve I'd say will be there main business.......you're not in the market for A new straightners yourself are you? :)

nope, I have one already! lol

,,,,,,,,,,,,or until they exit the shop:D

I was in Ballyseede Castle today having afternoon tea with American Friends.

On leaving the premises, I noticed a wonderful exterior light display , reminded me that Christmas is just around the corner:D

On leaving the premises, I noticed a wonderful exterior light display , reminded me that Christmas is just around the corner:D

Afternoon tea in Ballyseede!! Very posh Del :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Thanks Del, I installed it! How did I miss you? I was there all day. Talked to a few Americans though, all jolly fellas!

• Advertisement

Thanks Del, I installed it! How did I miss you? I was there all day. Talked to a few Americans though, all jolly fellas!

Well done! Fabulous job.:)

Curious how I missed you too??

Weather was a little inclement in the afternoon

Regards,

Del:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement