Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Del, would you recommend afternoon tea in Ballyseede? Could you give me a brief description of it, was it good value etc? Could be a perfect Christmas present for a friend of mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

My two sisters had their weddings in Ballyseede. Wonderful hotel & setting! Never been there at xmas, must check it out next month when home for the festivities!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

anyone spot the billboard poster just up from the train station entrance on JJ.Sheehy road....'Christmas in KILLARNEY'.....erm...yeah, great just send everyone to Killarney...no need to promote Tralee! I doubt you would see that poster in Killarney saying 'Christmas in Tralee'!??

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Just heard a large set of lights have come crashing down on some American tourists somewhere around Ballyseede. Hope everyone is okay

Cant get into that place Dish. Its thriving in there, Costa must be bricking it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Sully34 wrote: »
    Just heard a large set of lights have come crashing down on some American tourists somewhere around Ballyseede. Hope everyone is okay

Corporate manslaughter charges for the person who erected the lighting I'd say, or maybe extraordinary rendition to Guantanamo if the US wants to press charges, if worst comes to the worst! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

kn wrote: »
    Corporate manslaughter charges for the person who erected the lighting I'd say, or maybe extraordinary rendition to Guantanamo if the US wants to press charges, if worst comes to the worst! :)

I hear they escaped with Light concussion!

I wouldnt mind but now they are saying whoever installed the lights had been distracted by some posh bloke banging on about how good the coffee was in the place. Those poor Yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I'd say they were de-lighted ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I'd say it was an act of industrial sabotage by a jealous sparkie.

• Advertisement

Feeling hungry? Need a coffee kick? Then come down to O Donnells Bar and Restaurant for some fantastic family dining. Our coffee maybe **** but you have already paid for it so who cares!!!
    But if you dont want to be stuck to the ****ter all week then why not pop into The Gluten Free Cafe for some amazing homebaked foods that we guarantee wont give you the trots and your wallet will feel alot lighter. Plus we got the best coffee in town, just ask Del.

So if you want to plug your business or anybody elses for that matter then why not get yourself onto boards. Your not supposed to but we wont say a word!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Feeling hungry? Need a coffee kick? Then come down to O Donnells Bar and Restaurant for some fantastic family dining. Our coffee maybe **** but you have already paid for it so who cares!!!
    But if you dont want to be stuck to the ****ter all week then why not pop into The Gluten Free Cafe for some amazing homebaked foods that we guarantee wont give you the trots and your wallet will feel alot lighter. Plus we got the best coffee in town, just ask Del.

So if you want to plug your business or anybody elses for that matter then why not get yourself onto boards. Your not supposed to but we wont say a word!!

Who PIS*ED in your Corn Flakes this morning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Clab mor wrote: »
    Who PIS*ED in your Corn Flakes this morning??

You'll get used to it. When he doesn't get the attention he wants, he posts these scattershot type posts to try to lure people into stooping to his level. You can't go below the bottom of the barrell, so its best to leave him at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Was gonna recommend a café...(not a plug or anything like that)
    Dunno if I should now...

You'll get used to it. When he doesn't get the attention he wants, he posts these scattershot type posts to try to lure people into stooping to his level. You can't go below the bottom of the barrell, so its best to leave him at it.

Thanks for tip off, I was wondering, seemed a little harsh!!!

Umekichi wrote: »
    Dunno if I should now...

Yes please do??

The butchers in Oakpark opp Mc Elligotts garage has extended to do a whole hot food range..........great spot to pick up lunch.

I've been a couple of time already there soup is fantastic as are there chicken and ham pies!!!!! Its a great alternative to the usual sambo!!!

Yes please do??

The butchers in Oakpark opp Mc Elligotts garage has extended to do a whole hot food range..........great spot to pick up lunch.

I've been a couple of time already there soup is fantastic as are there chicken and ham pies!!!!! Its a great alternative to the usual sambo!!!

Is that Terry's Butchers?
    Also I want to recommend the Dish café.
    My partner and I went there yesterday evening and got 2 Nachos, 1 regular cappucino and 1 regular Americano for about €12~(theres also a loyalty scheme). Your man who owns it is nice and friendly, the portion was generous(we were stuffed), he uses decent ingredients and good quality spices and I am not a fan of much veg... but I scoffed the lot :D
    Will be back next week to try the burritos.
    He also does regular food like curry, stew etc.

(In case your wondering about the Nachos, it was a proper meal of Nachos, mince, salsa, chillis etc. Not a packet of Doritos xD)

Oh god, it sounds like a plug... but it's not I promise! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Yes please do??

That side of town could do with a few decent eateries. The only lunch options if you are working on that side of town are Subway (bluerragh) or Kingdom Foods or, God help us, a spar roll.

Is that Terry's Butchers?
    Also I want to recommend the Dish café.
    My partner and I went there yesterday evening and got 2 Nachos, 1 regular cappucino and 1 regular Americano for about €12~(theres also a loyalty scheme). Your man who owns it is nice and friendly, the portion was generous(we were stuffed), he uses decent ingredients and good quality spices and I am not a fan of much veg... but I scoffed the lot :D
    Will be back next week to try the burritos.
    He also does regular food like curry, stew etc.

(In case your wondering about the Nachos, it was a proper meal of Nachos, mince, salsa, chillis etc. Not a packet of Doritos xD)

Oh god, it sounds like a plug... but it's not I promise! :D

YUP Terry's..... very decent food obviously all prepared fresh. The pie had proper chunks of chicken and ham in it...... very filling!!!! :)

AH Im making myself hungry now................:eek::eek:

xxyyzz wrote: »
    That side of town could do with a few decent eateries. The only lunch options if you are working on that side of town are Subway (bluerragh) or Kingdom Foods or, God help us, a spar roll.

Sounds like you have the same lunch time pattern as me!! :P

Kingdom Foods is also quality though!!!

Thank GOD its nearly lunch time im SHHTARVED!!

• Advertisement

YUP Terry's..... very decent food obviously all prepared fresh. The pie had proper chunks of chicken and ham in it...... very filling!!!! :)

AH Im making myself hungry now................:eek::eek:

I shall check Terrys out whenever Im next up that way :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dunno if I should now...

please do, most of us do care about the town and what places are like!

Yes please do??

great value too, got 10 chicken breasts there for only €8.99 recently! Good selection, and the shop looks great now. Well done to Terry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Terry's must be doing well seen they expanded the shop and now with a hot deli counter,going to provide good competition for the other shops in that area.

Terry's must be doing well seen they expanded the shop and now with a hot deli counter,going to provide good competition for the other shops in that area.

they supply meat & other dishes to Spar accross the road too. They have a good selection now, must remember to pop in later for something for dinner!

Well you being a Narrie picker would know a lot more about scraping the end of barrells than I would

'Christmas Spraoi in Tralee starts on Sunday from 4pm when the Mayor Pat Hussey and Mrs Mary O'Brien of Tralee Tidy Towns switch on the Christmas lights.' (taken from Tralee Chamber Alliance FB page)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Terry's has been our butcher of choice over the past few years, always good meat and the staff are sound too.

Sully, I dont think anyone is naive enough to go somewhere just because someone plugs it on here, but if you read between the lines you can get an idea of what certain places are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Well you being a Narrie picker would know a lot more about scraping the end of barrells than I would

BZTMCXJCEAA_ux8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    anyone spot the billboard poster just up from the train station entrance on JJ.Sheehy road....'Christmas in KILLARNEY'.....erm...yeah, great just send everyone to Killarney...no need to promote Tralee! I doubt you would see that poster in Killarney saying 'Christmas in Tralee'!??

I haven't noticed it, but thats a disgrace. Is this shopping they're promoting, because as an impartial out-of-towner I can honestly say I'd pick Tralee over Killarney 10 times out of 10 for shopping. Marks and Sparks ain't all its cracked up to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement