Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Damokc wrote: »
    Read on Reddit yesterday that that oil company got off having to do pay for a huge cleanup in Alaska( I think). On phone now. Will look for link later. How far off shower does it have to be to become international waters by the?

Petrel or Exxon?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Read on Reddit yesterday that that oil company got off having to do pay for a huge cleanup in Alaska( I think). On phone now. Will look for link later. How far off shower does it have to be to become international waters by the?

200 nautical miles is the limit,but going by this report Ireland our territory waters increased in 2007 to take in the Porcupine Abyssal Plain

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/new-un-resolution-allows-ireland-to-extend-its-territorial-waters-26264625.html
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1023/95082-marine/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_waters

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Tis not all retro gear, it will also be the home to Wingnut Records [Ireland's fastest growing music chain] which means we will be able to purchase music again in Tralee !

I have updated the image to highlight this...

AA9Fyne.jpg

Lelantos wrote: »
    Is there much call for that retro gear do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

If it is the same one I heard of, you insinuated by the use of the term 'oil company' that the 'huge cleanup' was due to an 'oil' spill rather that an 'oil like substance' which due to a legal loophole they don't have to clean up !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

12 nautical miles (circa 22km).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

200 nautical miles is the limit,but going by this report Ireland our territory waters increased in 2007 to take in the Porcupine Abyssal Plain

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/new-un-resolution-allows-ireland-to-extend-its-territorial-waters-26264625.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_waters

200 nautical miles is the 'exclusive economic zone' for fishing and oil/gas etc exploration. Territorial waters for sovereignty is 12 nautical miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Arkansas.....man I was way off... I knew it started with an "S" though.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/its-good-to-be-exxonmobil-oil-giant-not-required-to-pay-for-arkansas-spill/

".....spilled an estimated 3,500 to 5,000 barrels of “low-quality Wabasca Heavy crude oil from Alberta” into central Arkansas."

I'm not against them by the way, it's just a coincidence I saw it the same day that people were posting here about them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kingdumb wrote: »
    Pause Play Vintage Boutique opens this Saturday, in the old Maddens shop on Market Lane (Beside Lyon's or near the rear entrance to the CH or the Mall Tavern)

Can't wait to have a look in there, I love old vintage shops! I hope they do well. You can find some fab 1 off pieces in those types of shops, & as another boardie said, makes a change from the rest of the shops selling the same old thing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tis not all retro gear, it will also be the home to Wingnut Records [Ireland's fastest growing music chain] which means we will be able to purchase music again in Tralee !

I have updated the image to highlight this...

Now I will definately be going in!! My hubby too I'm sure once he hears there is some vinal!
    Who is running it do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Their blurb says
    ...we stock and sell independent punk, hardcore, post-rock, folk, electronica,hip-hop, bleepy, folky, crazy music!!!! and happy to do it too!

Seems they do independant Irish music too.
    Should be an interesting shop to visit, Retro rocks!!

• Advertisement

Their blurb says

Seems they do independant Irish music too.
    Should be an interesting shop to visit, Retro rocks!!

can't wait to go in for a look & maybe a purchase :)

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    can't wait to go in for a look & maybe a purchase :)

More hard earned money spent on Music! Yeah!!:D

More hard earned money spent on Music! Yeah!!:D

my husband's birthday is in a few weeks, so might be a good place to find him something :)

One of my favourite things is digging through CDs and rooting out gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

One of my favourite things is digging through CDs and rooting out gold!

Model cars for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Any news on the thread being butchered and all that?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone here know where a swimming pool in town that is open to the public? Cheap? Alot of places you have to be a member of the gym & thats just a pain in the hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Anyone here know where a swimming pool in town that is open to the public? Cheap? Alot of places you have to be a member of the gym & thats just a pain in the hole...

Here is a timetable for pool hours with the sports complex

http://www.traleesportscomplex.ie/index.php/2012-04-11-18-16-20/timetables/pool-timetable

Not sure on prices though. Used to be like 5 euro last time I was there, but that was 7 odd years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The complex up in Oakpark should be open to the public all day today,

http://www.traleesportscomplex.ie/index.php/2012-04-11-18-16-20/timetables/pool-timetable

Thanks, the prices are displayed on the right hand side of the table lol....l'm looking for somewhere closer to town, but l'll keep that place in mind.

• Advertisement

Thanks, the prices are displayed on the right hand side of the table lol....l'm looking for somewhere closer to town, but l'll keep that place in mind.

I'm gonna blame my tiredness on missing that :p

Also, that's the closest to town for just a pool you'll get. Unless you go to the Aquadome, but that's about the same distance from town

l was hoping maybe some hotel might have a pool open to the public...anyway the prices are very good so won't complain too much :P

l was hoping maybe some hotel might have a pool open to the public...anyway the prices are very good so won't complain too much :P

I think the only hotels with a pool are the Brandon and the Carlton, but I could be open to correction

you have to be a member of the gym to use the pool in the Brandon...not sure about the Carlton, l don't think it has a pool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

you have to be a member of the gym to use the pool in the Brandon...not sure about the Carlton, l don't think it has a pool....

No pool in Carlton.

Think your best option is the pool in Oakpark:)

Alternatively you could join Tralee Swimming Club, who meet in Fenit during the Summer months. They are a nice bunch of people and especially welcome new members. They have the odd barbecue weather permitting and are a very sociable group of people. Worth checking out. I'm sure they have a website for contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Had breakfast in O'Donnells of Mounthawk this AM. Yummy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Cartlon no pool cos been there for the spa so there was no hot tub or pool.
    Manor West hotel have pool dont know if members only and hotel guests?

Great vibe around town today with the carousel and bungee cords in The Square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Place any bets for the National lads and lassies?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement