Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    anyone spot the billboard poster just up from the train station entrance on JJ.Sheehy road....'Christmas in KILLARNEY'.....erm...yeah, great just send everyone to Killarney...no need to promote Tralee! I doubt you would see that poster in Killarney saying 'Christmas in Tralee'!??

Saw this today bad form TBH it looks quite silly and almost desperate!!

Im surprised business and the tralee chamber haven't made more of an issue about it, not sure if they'd have a say about what goes up there or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Passed by the new Boots today. Its opening next Wednesday and I see that they have a Perscriptions sign up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Clab mor wrote: »
    Saw this today bad form TBH it looks quite silly and almost desperate!!

Im surprised business and the tralee chamber haven't made more of an issue about it, not sure if they'd have a say about what goes up there or not?

Don't see what the issue is. People are going to shop wherever they want no matter a billboard tells them. I find it hard to believe people who intended to shop in the town would change their mind from shopping in Tralee to Killarney just because a billboard told them to. Its hardly the Wonderbra billboard ! !
    Maybe the businesses in Tralee should stick up one in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Don't see what the issue is. People are going to shop wherever they want no matter a billboard tells them. I find it hard to believe people who intended to shop in the town would change their mind from shopping in Tralee to Killarney just because a billboard told them to. Its hardly the Wonderbra billboard ! !
    Maybe the businesses in Tralee should stick up one in Killarney.

Yes that would be a sensible idea. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think such an ad is harmless. Our family always had a tradition of heading to Killarney for a day out/shopping etc in the run up to Christmas. Likewise a day to Cork. It wasn't a case of turning our backs on Tralee as we'd do most of our shopping here anyway. It was just about enjoying a different experience elsewhere. Plenty of people in Killarney come to Tralee for stores not available there such as Debenhams, TK Maxx and Next. As long as Tralee runs a similar campaign in other towns promoting its merits, I think everyone should benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think such an ad is harmless. Our family always had a tradition of heading to Killarney for a day out/shopping etc in the run up to Christmas. Likewise a day to Cork. It wasn't a case of turning our backs on Tralee as we'd do most of our shopping here anyway. It was just about enjoying a different experience elsewhere. Plenty of people in Killarney come to Tralee for stores not available there such as Debenhams, TK Maxx and Next. As long as Tralee runs a similar campaign in other towns promoting its merits, I think everyone should benefit.

very true, but I doubt there is one for Tralee in Killarney....hopefully there is, but I doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Radio5 wrote: »
    Yes that would be a sensible idea. ;)

Or logical !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Sweet motherfckin jebus!
    I was in CH chemist tonight for their sale & giveaway. The queue went down as far as Paddy Macs, full of mad perfume hungry women....then they go inside, you see the feeding frenzy in their eyes when they spot the bargains & goody bags galore.....and what does Peter do?.....he gives them alcohol!!
    Mulled wine & mad women....it wasn't pretty I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Sweet motherfckin jebus!
    I was in CH chemist tonight for their sale & giveaway. The queue went down as far as Paddy Macs, full of mad perfume hungry women....then they go inside, you see the feeding frenzy in their eyes when they spot the bargains & goody bags galore.....and what does Peter do?.....he gives them alcohol!!
    Mulled wine & mad women....it wasn't pretty I tells ya!

wheres paddy macs? was gonna go last night but had no one to go with! just as well l suppose...doesnt sound like twas worth the goody bag

wheres paddy macs? was gonna go last night but had no one to go with! just as well l suppose...doesnt sound like twas worth the goody bag

Paddy Macs bar, queue was past Heatons & at it's height reached the bar.
    Goody bag was samples etc, wouldn't have been my reason for going, needed some Xmas pressies so the 15% discount was handy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Goody bag was samples etc, wouldn't have been my reason for going, needed some Xmas pressies do the 15% discount was handy

there was 10% off the week before...era there'll be more sales coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Goody bag was samples etc, wouldn't have been my reason for going, needed some Xmas pressies so the 15% discount was handy

Funny, I heard there was this one guy there elbowing everyone out of the way for the free male moisturizers and hair product samples! Wasn't you by any chance??

ongarboy wrote: »
    Funny, I heard there was this one guy there elbowing everyone out of the way for the free male moisturizers and hair product samples! Wasn't you by any chance??

Yeah, the joke was on me though...there wasn't any :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

was anyone in town today for the switching on of the Christmas lights? I didn't make it down. Was there a good crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 krutt

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    was anyone in town today for the switching on of the Christmas lights? I didn't make it down. Was there a good crowd?

Big crowd and great atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Keep an eye on your pets,been a few dog thefts in the past few weeks

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/dog-owners-urged-to-be-vigilant-following-dog-thefts-in-north-kerry/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

best place to for a birthday meal in town?

i'm thinking of either Cassidys or La Scala or Il Pomo Doro, want to go to a restaurant and have the works, was hoping to check out The stonehouse in the square but the menu seems fairly limited and my sister will be there so i know she's a fussy eater and will want a alot of choice........

Stressica wrote: »
    best place to for a birthday meal in town?

i'm thinking of either Cassidys or La Scala or Il Pomo Doro, want to go to a restaurant and have the works, was hoping to check out The stonehouse in the square but the menu seems fairly limited and my sister will be there so i know she's a fussy eater and will want a alot of choice........

I have heard that Darcy's up Barrack Lane is meant to be really good. Its getting great reviews on Tripadvisor. I have been meaning to check it out now for ages. I haven't been to the Stonehouse, but been hearing mixed reviews about it.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186613-d2344143-Reviews-Darcy_s_Restaurant-Tralee_County_Kerry.html

the Stonehouse, but been hearing mixed reviews about it.

l[/url]

Same... and Oh never even heard of Darcy's will check it out.. any of the hotels's restaurant to be recommended? Manor looks quite good from what ive heard..

Same... and Oh never even heard of Darcy's will check it out.. any of the hotels's restaurant to be recommended? Manor looks quite good from what ive heard..

I don't really know what Manor hotel restaurant is like, although I do seem to remember someone I know being there once and not being too happy. I think Darcy's are meant to do a good range of food, so could be a good bet. Brooks restaurant in Ballygarry Hotel is really good too!

• Advertisement

ok thanks, Ive just done some research on Darcys... looks amazing but where the heck is it? I know barrack lane well.. or at least I thought I did /:

ok thanks, Ive just done some research on Darcys... looks amazing but where the heck is it? I know barrack lane well.. or at least I thought I did /:

just up the laneway between Penney's and Heaton's, its on the left just after Penney's :)

how can i have never noticed this place.. its next to the beautician's place so? :S

how can i have never noticed this place.. its next to the beautician's place so? :S

yes, just after it

wow, cant believe never noticed this place, gonna scour the avenue after work wednesday lol

It's the old Skillet restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

We have been in Darcys a few times, and will definitely be going back there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

O'Donnell's or Baily's obv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I hear there's lovely restaurants in Killarney!

Runs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Spa Seafood Restaurant, The Spa, Tralee.

Excellent!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement