Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

keane2097 wrote: »
    O'Donnell's or Baily's obv

Does Bailys do full evening meals? Apart from lunch, I've never seen anyone eat there. Great place for drinks but with its low pub tables, I'm not sure I'd like to sit at them for a proper 2 or 3 course evening meal.

My mother was in Darcys last week for the first time and raved about it too! Sounds like a good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Does Bailys do full evening meals? Apart from lunch, I've never seen anyone eat there. Great place for drinks but with its low pub tables, I'm not sure I'd like to sit at them for a proper 2 or 3 course evening meal.

My mother was in Darcys last week for the first time and raved about it too! Sounds like a good place.

Think the food only goes up to 6 or 7pm, mainly soup, sandwiches and wraps which are seriously nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Tralee Gardai investigating the posting of photo's from inside Tralee Circuit Court of a defendant and a number of Court personnel and Barrister on Facebook.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garda-probe-as-court-shot-posted-on-facebook-250879.html

I do not know this is being 'investigated' when if you search youtube you will find a couple of video recordings of cases from Tallaght Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

Have many people in Tralee had their water meters installed yet?

dmire wrote: »
    Have many people in Tralee had their water meters installed yet?

I seen them doing Mitchell's Road when I was passing there last Friday I think. For the life of me I cannot see this thing been done in any reasonable time scale unless there are literally thousands of them at it full-time. Each installation seems to be a mini construction job with safety barriers etc erected and high viz jackets to beat the band.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    I seen them doing Mitchell's Road when I was passing there last Friday I think. For the life of me I cannot see this thing been done in any reasonable time scale unless there are literally thousands of them at it full-time. Each installation seems to be a mini construction job with safety barriers etc erected and high viz jackets to beat the band.

ours was done about 6 weeks ago. It was a difficult job from what they told me, very badly laid pipes and esb lines are causing them delays. They are having awful problems as far as I know. They actually abandoned our estate leaving about 5 houses not done yet! They were doing Moyderwell, Boherbee area all last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kn wrote: »
    Tralee Gardai investigating the posting of photo's from inside Tralee Circuit Court of a defendant and a number of Court personnel and Barrister on Facebook.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garda-probe-as-court-shot-posted-on-facebook-250879.html

I do not know this is being 'investigated' when if you search youtube you will find a couple of video recordings of cases from Tallaght Court.

Outrageous behaviour altogether. Where does this behaviour stop? Respect and sanctity of the Court ? Whomever posted the photos on Facebook should be punished severely:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    ours was done about 6 weeks ago. It was a difficult job from what they told me, very badly laid pipes and esb lines are causing them delays. They are having awful problems as far as I know. They actually abandoned our estate leaving about 5 houses not done yet! They were doing Moyderwell, Boherbee area all last week.

Yep, we were all done last week. A long drawn out process....and bloody noisy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Ours was done two weeks ago - no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

They literally stopped right before our place seems they have maybe 3/4 of the estate done, they marked and then cut lines into to the concrete with a con saw, then packed there gear and threw the plastic barriers in a heap in the green area.

Thats was a week ago, rumours flying about that this ingenious idea by our brilliant government is costing alot more than expected between material and labour costs. Good enough for them if this goes tits up, just means a levi will be introduced more than likely.

• Advertisement

They literally stopped right before our place seems they have maybe 3/4 of the estate done, they marked and then cut lines into to the concrete with a con saw, then packed there gear and threw the plastic barriers in a heap in the green area.

Thats was a week ago, rumours flying about that this ingenious idea by our brilliant government is costing alot more than expected between material and labour costs. Good enough for them if this goes tits up, just means a levi will be introduced more than likely.

How much is it costing to install a water meter for each house ? Anyone?

How long will it take to recoup the cost of each installation?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

The fun will start when people find they have leaks underground that they never knew about. Everything at your side of the meter is your concern..

The fun will start when people find they have leaks underground that they never knew about. Everything at your side of the meter is your concern..

Interesting. So if the meter is ten feet away from my property, I am responsible for the section of pipe not on my property? Surely not?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You got it in one. It's gotta be costing an absolute fortune to fit the meters.
    I can't see the sense. And all the hassle to fit them.

You got it in one. It's gotta be costing an absolute fortune to fit the meters.
    I can't see the sense. And all the hassle to fit them.

Surely the Householder cannot be responsible for faulty workmanship if the meter is incorrectly fitted, resulting in leaks etc?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Surely the Householder cannot be responsible for faulty workmanship if the meter is incorrectly fitted, resulting in leaks etc?:confused:

You are responsible from your gate/boundary line in!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

You are responsible from your gate/boundary line in!

This, and in most cases the meter is only a few feet from the boundary anyway.
    A farmer mate of mine recently got a bill for €1900 :eek:, a pipe had been leaking up the field that he didnt know about. In the end the council quashed it, but I wonder will Irish water be as forgiving :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

such a pity to see AWear closed after so many years :(

I got my first proper job there when I was in my late teens! Feel sorry for the staff, such a horrible time of year to loose jobs. I hope the company can be saved and that they keep open the Tralee store, as they are going to close a bunch of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

what the place opposite penneys?! Sudden much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Stressica wrote: »
    what the place opposite penneys?! Sudden much?

Not sudden, was first mentioned going into administration at least a month ago, if not a lot longer ago.

• Advertisement

Oh okay, never heard, thats a shame, especially so at this time like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Well to be fair, they only got a phonecall around noon telling them to shut the doors and put a sign up saying they were closed. That in itself is sudden enough.. 5 or 6 staff inside there too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

stuba wrote: »
    Well to be fair, they only got a phonecall around noon telling them to shut the doors and put a sign up saying they were closed. That in itself is sudden enough.. 5 or 6 staff inside there too I think.

Oh I didn't know any of the shops had actually closed their doors today, sorry.

wow thats sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Ya they were open this morning and all sure. Fairly mad, with customers in the shop. Shut the doors and told them that if they wanted to buy something be certain they want it cause they were closing and might not be reopening so cant return anything.

feel sorry for the girls in there, a few of them have kids, so its hard, especially this time of year :(

Fingers crossed they will re-open, although I saw them bagging up the clothes when I passed around 3.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, hopefully the Tralee branch can be saved. High rents were a factor for many of the stores (esp in Dublin) so maybe if the Tralee one wasn't being crucified by rents maybe it has a chance.

On a separate note, has the new Boots opened yet? If so, has anyone been in to see what the new store is like?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Yes, hopefully the Tralee branch can be saved. High rents were a factor for many of the stores (esp in Dublin) so maybe if the Tralee one wasn't being crucified by rents maybe it has a chance.

On a separate note, has the new Boots opened yet? If so, has anyone been in to see what the new store is like?

Walked around the new boots today. Its bigger but I'm not mad about the layout - you have to walk down along all the isles to find the section you want if they organised it that the signs were facing you as you walked in the door you could find what you want quicker but the signs are sideways facing. But then again maybe the idea is to draw you in to browse and buy stuff you were not intending to buy!

Plus in the centre isles there were two auld one's and one in a electric wheel chair gabbing blocking everyone and they did not seem to give a damn about anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

You should have called the traffic warden ;)

• Advertisement

Read in Kerry's Eye that the Aquadome are saying that they are only staying open by the grace and favour of their bankers. It the bank pulls their overdraft they are goners. They say that they have made significant losses this year with the spell of good weather heavily to blame. They have switched from oil to gas in an attempt to save money and say they cannot cut staff or pay any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement