Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I see the babby Jesus is in the crib in the square, I thought he wasn't due for a few week...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

kingdumb wrote: »
    I see the babby Jesus is in the crib in the square, I thought he wasn't due for a few week...

He'll probably end up in Horans tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 50shades

kn wrote: »
    Read in Kerry's Eye that the Aquadome are saying that they are only staying open by the grace and favour of their bankers. It the bank pulls their overdraft they are goners. They say that they have made significant losses this year with the spell of good weather heavily to blame. They have switched from oil to gas in an attempt to save money and say they cannot cut staff or pay any further.
    sad really people of the town need to support it in it hour of need
    .if it closes that's that then:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

is A-wear closed for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Read in Kerry's Eye that the Aquadome are saying that they are only staying open by the grace and favour of their bankers. It the bank pulls their overdraft they are goners. They say that they have made significant losses this year with the spell of good weather heavily to blame. They have switched from oil to gas in an attempt to save money and say they cannot cut staff or pay any further.

They should allow people go in for an hour or two at less cost, the tourist is at home now and who living locally wants to spend the whole day there?
    €43 for two adults + two kids is expensive imo

http://www.aquadome.ie/prices.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Tempoarily at least but possibly permanently. If your looking to return anything your bunched as its in receivership.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

yes, the are bagging up all the clothing at the moment.

They have signs in the doors to say 'shop closed' and some smark pr**k thought it was funny to write in marker on the glass under the sign 'NO LOSS'...nice! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

just reading an article on the Journal about the top 10 tourism towns, which Tralee was named in!! There are some ignorant idiots commenting on there making smart remarks about the town. I'm sure half of them haven't even been here. One comment saying all we had was a cinema and Penneys!?? Really annoys me reading smart, inaccurate stupid comments like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    yes, the are bagging up all the clothing at the moment.

They have signs in the doors to say 'shop closed' and some smark pr**k thought it was funny to write in marker on the glass under the sign 'NO LOSS'...nice! :mad:

ah god thats awful, my cousin works there...it will be a loss always lovely stuff there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kerrys eye

I recently tried to join Aquadome but they have no direct debit facility.Wanted to sign the family but they want the whole lot in one go had to leave it go .Thats 750 a year probably for the next few years that they wont be getting.

• Advertisement

Hard to beat the Roast House for quality coffee.their food menu is the most imaginative in town.the french cafe up courthouse lane is another good spot .love charlies for a sandwich and fresh cream cake great place to bring the kids.Was in the O Sullivans on the Mall the other day,the back place is all jazzed up nice job hope they do the Front deli area the food is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 10 50shades

kerrys eye wrote: »
    I recently tried to join Aquadome but they have no direct debit facility.Wanted to sign the family but they want the whole lot in one go had to leave it go .Thats 750 a year probably for the next few years that they wont be getting.
    u can join for 6 months for 50 euro and a fiver every time u go .
    u would get value like that no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

50shades wrote: »

That still works out quiet expensive if you were to use it everyday as most who join gyms and leisure centres do ??

6 months is approx 180 days at €5.00 per day is €900 plus the €50 joining up fee.

It's prob grand if you only expect to use it a handful of times per month.

When I joined the Brandon many moons ago I used it almost every day and I'd imagine many wanting to join a leisure centre would prob be similar.

50shades wrote: »

I have availed of that offer before its fine if you use the place now and again .Ideally i would like to go every week with the family and also on my own so pay as you go is not value for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Poor old Rev Bluejeans is giving out on the Killarney thread ...seems Tralee are in the top 10 tourist spots in Ireland & Killarney are nowhere!
    I can hear the apoplectic fits from here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Poor old Rev Bluejeans is giving out on the Killarney thread ...seems Tralee are in the top 10 tourist spots in Ireland & Killarney are nowhere!

I got a good giggle out of the supplement in the outlook claiming Castleisland as the fashion capital of Kerry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I got a good giggle out of the supplement in the outlook claiming Castleisland as the fashion capital of Kerry

Ya, tracksuit bottoms tucked into the white socks!

:D:D:D:D:D:D;);)

here's one to start with :
    Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus. Tralee. Tra-****ing-lee. Christ......
    :rolleyes::pac:

I believe the Rockies had their agm tonight, anyone else hear all the crying & sobbing? :P

• Advertisement

the people who have been running Roundy's lately are finishing up, I just saw their FB status thanking all their customers! That didn't last too long?

I see there was work going on in Dowdies bar in Boherbee today, anyone know if there is someone taking it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I believe the Rockies had their agm tonight, anyone else hear all the crying & sobbing? :P

I thought it was a banshee :D

the people who have been running Roundy's lately are finishing up, I just saw their FB status thanking all their customers! That didn't last too long?

I see there was work going on in Dowdies bar in Boherbee today, anyone know if there is someone taking it over?

Yes, I heard weeks ago it was being taken over, but nothing happened. A local person was mentioned as the new proprietor, I was told the name, but I've forgotten :)

I saw that in the Kerry's Eye and burst my hole laughing.

Swamp are moving into the old Xtravision (that wasn't left on the shelf long). Is that the 'Swamp' on Castle St (if its even there anymore)?

Swamp are moving into the old Xtravision (that wasn't left on the shelf long). Is that the 'Swamp' on Russell St (if its even there anymore)?

no, its in Castle Street at the moment, next to or close to Paddy Power bookies.

no, its in Castle Street at the moment, next to or close to Paddy Power bookies.

I'm desperate for not keeping up with what's where in the Town these days. I suppose that living in the Town for so long that you develop a sort of contempt for noticing change as you just keep looking ahead rather than observing what's around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Congratulations Na Gael Ladies - All Ireland Club Junior Champions!

All-Ireland Ladies Football Junior Club Championship Final – Na Gaeil (Kerry) v Dunedin Connollys (Edinburgh)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Great little parade in town today well done and thanks to the CH and all involved for the entertainment !!! Nice buzz about!!! Tralee town is on the up and up, the capital town is returning to its more familiar greatness.

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice that Santa's sleigh was sponsored by the shopping in Killarney brigade?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement