Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Congratulations to the Bons Tralee for being shortlisted for the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards!

Winner
    The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital

Finalists
    Galway University Hospitals
    St Luke’s General Hospital – Kilkenny
    South Tipperary General Hospital
    Bon Secours Hospital – Tralee

Not many Towns the size of Tralee have a private hospital of the calibre of the Bons. In addition to providing healthcare to the South West it is also a major employer in the town. It is a non profit making concern and ploughs many thousands of euros back into local community charities.

In order to attract top quality staff and consultants the hospital must compete in a global market place and must emphasise all the positive aspects of living and working in Kerry.

Agreed + 1:)

Bons Secours Hospital is a first class modern health care facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Agreed, I recently spent the day in the Bons, top marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 murphy05

kaiser31 wrote: »
    To be fair, whilst they were resurfacing the car park in recent weeks, they changed the flow of traffic there, making it the only exit only from the car park. They changed the signage for it (temp signage) so perhaps they haven't changed the signs or maybe she likes to live dangerously! During the first few days of the works I exited the car park via Denny's lane & I met an oncoming car who hurled abuse at me for driving the wrong way. When I pointed out the signage for the change of traffic direction I got the middle finger and more abuse. Feckin' men drivers... and he had two kids in the car.
    This happened 2 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I never really took any notice of vehicles with one headlight or one dimmer than the other until I was reading here the last day.

Sooooo on the way home from work (Abbeyfeale to Tralee) I counted 3 cars with one working headlamp and 9 vehicles ranging from cars, vans, a jeep and a HGV with a blown dipped headlight.

Think I found a new (yet sad) driving game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I never really took any notice of vehicles with one headlight or one dimmer than the other until I was reading here he last day.

Sooooo on the way home from work (Abbeyfeale to Tralee) I counted 3 cars with one working headlamp and 9 vehicles ranging from cars, vans, a jeep and a HGV with a blown dipped headlight.

glad to know I'm not alone in that game LOL ;):D

• Advertisement

I never really took any notice of vehicles with one headlight or one dimmer than the other until I was reading here he last day.

Is there a Garda Traffic Corps anymore, or were they simply replaced by the Speed Camera Vans?

It can happen the best of us, a bulb can blow on a car without the driver having any knowledge of it. Some cars, have a readout warning on the dashboard, which is very handy.

Nonetheless the responsibility is the driver to check that all the lights are working properly before commencing a journey:)

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    glad to know I'm not alone in that game LOL ;):D

+1:D:D

PS. Don't mention their reg. nos. for fear of causing the driver any embarrassment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

PS. Don't mention their reg. nos. for fear of causing the driver any embarrassment !

Nobody can see the registration on my Honda 50 as I travel at the speed of sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I did see a custom plate with "DEL1" on it.........:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had to pop outside to the car just now and spotted a taxi pull up outside a house....it had ONE headlight working...no dim working, no full light...just one headlight...a taxi...who is driving around most days & nights, yet they are too lazy to check their lights and make sure they are in working order for their job!
    I couldn't make out the car reg or taxi number as it was too far for me to read. I have no idea how they are getting away with it...its ridiculous!

• Advertisement

I had to pop outside to the car just now and spotted a taxi pull up outside a house....it had ONE headlight working...no dim working, no full light...just one headlight...a taxi...who is driving around most days & nights, yet they are too lazy to check their lights and make sure they are in working order for their job!
    I couldn't make out the car reg or taxi number as it was too far for me to read. I have no idea how they are getting away with it...its ridiculous!

On the rare ocassions when I need a cab, I would refuse to take one in that condition.

Ah go on ! What is the reg no. ?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Seeing as your all ranting can i have a go. I was going along the footpath today with my little boy in pushchair when a lady parks on the footpath, gets out of car with her daughter , it was dark at this stage, I said to her as she crossed the road " ahh come on " she just ignored me and carried on . I had to go onto the road with the pushchair .

I wish I just stuck my foot into her car door .

So so so so angry , now more than I was then

I'm ok now

Seeing as your all ranting can i have a go. I was going along the footpath today with my little boy in pushchair when a lady parks on the footpath, gets out of car with her daughter , it was dark at this stage, I said to her as she crossed the road " ahh come on " she just ignored me and carried on . I had to go onto the road with the pushchair .

I wish I just stuck my foot into her car door .

So so so so angry , now more than I was then

I'm ok now

Glad to hear you are OK now!

Why didn't you report her? Ironically if you had stuck your foot in her car door I am sure she would have reported you!

I know I am beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew " I don't believe it!"

Seriously we put up with too much crap from people like that driver :)

If we let her away with it she will simply do it again and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Start putting photos of such cars up here with date and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Start putting photos of such cars up here with date and time.

Do we have to include the axe that's embedded in the windscreen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Do we have to include the axe that's embedded in the windscreen ?

Only the "thanks' whores will be doing that ;)
    ........where's my axe btw?!

Milano's has a sign up in window saying 'renovations'....!?? I think they have used this excuse for closing every other time!

Milano's has a sign up in window saying 'renovations'....!?? I think they have used this excuse for closing every other time!

There is something odd about that place. Is it a front for something other than fast food? When it is in business there are never many customers.:confused:

unfortunately AWear is not reopening :( the 'TO LET' sign has gone up in the shop window :(

unfortunately AWear is not reopening :( the 'TO LET' sign has gone up in the shop window :(

That is sad news for all involved.

Hopefully someone will open a new operation there early in 2014.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I see 'Morans' is coming back to Tralee, blast from the past or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Dafuq! 80's timewarp scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Memories of getting school uniforms in there in the old shop

Is it lads from Celsius that is bringing it back?

I think its just being run by the guy who is running 'Ryles menswear'. As far as I know he owns that unit.

I vaguely remember 'Morans' when I was a kid, when did it close first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Sad just to lose a job before christmas :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think its just being run by the guy who is running 'Ryles menswear'. As far as I know he owns that unit.

I vaguely remember 'Morans' when I was a kid, when did it close first?

Possibly the early 90s? If I remember correctly, their mens store was where Adams childrenwear was and ladies was across the way where Carraig Donn is.

Yes, it was always visited with dread in late August for school uniform fittings!!:(

Theres a new shop going up near Argos, I think its right beside kingdom computers(??) and the off licence...anyone whats it gonna be?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Memories of getting school uniforms in there in the old shop

Is it lads from Celsius that is bringing it back?

Afaik its some of the Moran family that are bringing it back, and Ger Hussey who was employed at the old shop 20 years ago is also joining them there. He used to to work for Celsius too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Theres a new shop going up near Argos, I think its right beside kingdom computers(??) and the off licence...anyone whats it gonna be?

Is it where Nevada Bobs used be?

• Advertisement

Is it where Nevada Bobs used be?

never heard of that shop now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement