Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is it where Nevada Bobs used be?

yeah, that's the one. I noticed there has been some activity in there the past week or so, but haven't heard what is going in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Afaik its some of the Moran family that are bringing it back, and Ger Hussey who was employed at the old shop 20 years ago is also joining them there. He used to to work for Celsius too I think.

I saw some of the staff from Ryle's, and the owner in & out of there, so I am assuming its being run by the same guy...?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    yeah, that's the one. I noticed there has been some activity in there the past week or so, but haven't heard what is going in there.

Think it's some sort of mobility store selling those battery powered scooters and other aids for the disabled and elderly !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

never heard of that shop now...

Seemed it was only open for 5 minutes and closed again :D

With golf been a massive sport these days it was strange it couldn't stay open

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Morans had two shops across the road from one another. The ladies was on the square side and the mens & childrens was just next to the snackery. See here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I saw some of the staff from Ryle's, and the owner in & out of there, so I am assuming its being run by the same guy...?

You are probably right, best of luck to them anyway, its a tough business I'd imagine, them Celsius lads have the whole town tried at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

To all my friends on this thread I wish you,

Joyeux Noel, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas,Feliz Navidad

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Are there any places besided Cullotys that sell guitars? (Doesn't have to be just Tralee) and that computer shop by Argos, do they do repairs? I know there are other places in town just a bit easier going there than heading into town. Thanks

siblers wrote: »
    Are there any places besided Cullotys that sell guitars? (Doesn't have to be just Tralee) and that computer shop by Argos, do they do repairs? I know there are other places in town just a bit easier going there than heading into town. Thanks

Lidl are selling guitars at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Anyone else have a smarmy salesman from Prepay Power call to their home yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I don't think Waterways Ireland have anything to do with the canal, not 100% on who manages it, Tralee Town Council I think.

It's called 'Tralee Ship Canal' although I doubt it will ever see a ship again
    kaiser31 wrote: »
    Would Waterways Ireland have charge of the canal? Actually, does the canal have a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Ná déan dearmad ar do cairde i Tír na nÓg, Nollaig Shona !
    To all my friends on this thread I wish you,

Joyeux Noel, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas,Feliz Navidad

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Anyone else have a smarmy salesman from Prepay Power call to their home yesterday?

What happened there?

What happened there?

Ah nothing much, just trying all the company line patter, all my neighbors have taken it, only a few spots left, was just wondering if others had been approached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ah nothing much, just trying all the company line patter, all my neighbors have taken it, only a few spots left, was just wondering if others had been approached.

Just had a look at the website and it's rather expensive. PSO levy plus service charges come to circa 85c a day and then circa 20c per unit of electricity so €2 a day basically gets you 6 units of electricity. Unless your a person really strapped for cash I reckon your much better off on the bill.
    http://prepaypower.ie/pricing

Landlords would probably be their biggest customers.

kn wrote: »
    Just had a look at the website and it's rather expensive. PSO levy plus service charges come to circa €1 a day and then circa 20c per unit of electricity. Unless your a person really strapped for cash I reckon your much better off on the bill.
    http://prepaypower.ie/pricing

Had no intentions of switching, but was wondering if it was a bit of a concerted effort by them to hit the town before Christmas & try to gain some customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Does anyone know a place around the town that might sell LED light bulbs for regular sockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

CoderDozer wrote: »
    Does anyone know a place around the town that might sell LED light bulbs for regular sockets?

Did you try the shop in manor beside Boyles tyres and near Aldi !!! That a dedicated led lighting store??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Never thought of that place. Cheers, Ill check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

I had a dude call round several weeks ago......very pushy and smarmy. Even when I said at the outset (and several times throughout his speech) that I would not be changing he kept pushing. Tried to tell me that it was cheaper etc.... pointed out that it was actually much more expensive - still kept pushing! When I told him again that he was wasting his time he then tried something that I can only describe as an uncomfortable (for me) attempt by him at flirting.......seems to think he's a bit of a player.
    Might sound harsh, I'm sure they work on commission and its not easy but it was an uncomfortable encounter........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I came home from work a few months back to find a guy from Sky (salesman for a ballincollig based agency that sells sky packages) just leaving my property.

Asked my wife what was he offering, and she said he had talked her into cancelling our current sky package which we had for years, and rebuying it from him again.

Only he put down the address in Irish this time so that sky wouldn't spot what he was doing. He also took a 30 euro booking deposit.

I ring sky straight away to cancel the order he put through, and also he's satellite systems company in ballincollig to arrange the return of the money.

Almost three months later I'm still waiting, and sky can't do anything about it.

Cold calling should be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I came home from work a few months back to find a guy from Sky (salesman for a ballincollig based agency that sells sky packages) just leaving my property.

Asked my wife what was he offering, and she said he had talked her into cancelling our current sky package which we had for years, and rebuying it from him again.

Only he put down the address in Irish this time so that sky wouldn't spot what he was doing. He also took a 30 euro booking deposit.

I ring sky straight away to cancel the order he put through, and also he's satellite systems company in ballincollig to arrange the return of the money.

Almost three months later I'm still waiting, and sky can't do anything about it.

I had him a few weeks ago too, the SKY account is in my name but he sent out a card in the bf's name with Irish address etc for a new Sky upgrade.Glad I never handed him over the 30 quid now

pookiesboo wrote: »
    I had him a few weeks ago too, the SKY account is in my name but he sent out a card in the bf's name with Irish address etc for a new Sky upgrade.Glad I never handed him over the 30 quid now

Was the salesman from castleisland by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Was the salesman from castleisland by any chance?

No idea, I seemed to be the only eejit on the street giving hm the time of day though

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

CoderDozer wrote: »

Kellihers Electric up in Ballymullen. Warning: they seem to be trade orientated and operate fairly weird unpublicised hours. ie often closed on a Saturday afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Kellihers Electric up in Ballymullen. Warning: they seem to be trade orientated and operate fairly weird unpublicised hours. ie often closed on a Saturday afternoon!

8-6 Mon to Fri.
    9-1 Sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

That sounds proper dodgy. The guy is claiming your commission for signing you up! Sky would be delighted to hear that

That sounds proper dodgy. The guy is claiming your commission for signing you up! Sky would be delighted to hear that

I rang them, nothing they can do about it apparantly!

I rang them, nothing they can do about it apparantly!

More along the lines of, they don't care I would think.
    The subscriptions only amount to 2-3% of their income & it's not something they are going to worry to much about

• Advertisement

there's been an accident of some sort on the Oakpark Road. Couldn't see exactly where or what happened, but looks like down by Oaklands shop as there were loads of flashing lights there. Gardai were stopping traffic at the entrance to Ard Na Li & diverting it. hopefully no one hurt or worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement