Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Place any bets for the National lads and lassies?

Sea bass - Katie Walsh:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Didn't have a bet myself but a few friends have backed Balthazar King each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Ninetieth Minute. Gone already :(

Well done Katie, better luck next year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Well done to the winners...the bookies as usual!!

• Advertisement

Well done Katie, better luck next year:)

Also , we'll done BryanCooper from Tralee 5th place:)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

l was hoping maybe some hotel might have a pool open to the public...anyway the prices are very good so won't complain too much :P

Banna Beach Hotel have a pool which is open to the public. Ring ahead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Adiboo wrote: »
    Great vibe around town today with the carousel and bungee cords in The Square.

was about to post the same thing! The weather made such a difference, but there was a lovely crowd around and town felt so busy, it was great :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I went into that lovely new vintage shop behind CH today. Its fab, I hope they do well. I purchased too, great value! Didn't have time to look at the vinal upstairs, but I will go in with the hubby another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TabletopJoe

Apparently Quinlan's is opening up a sit down place where mickos used to be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Apparently Quinlan's is opening up a sit down place where mickos used to be..

Was told it was "costa coffee" and that quinlans have the lease to mickos and just got the franchise in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

bobdcow wrote: »
    Model cars for me! :)
    I have a habit of collecting full sized cars..much harder to store...

just watching that young man Donal Walsh from Blennerville, who is battling cancer for the 3rd time, on The Saturday Night Show. He's such a brave & inspirational guy! I hope to God he recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TabletopJoe

Recovers after having to talk to Brendan O 'Connor? :D anytime I have flicked that that on it has been so cringe! he is terrible. All the best to Donal tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I went into that lovely new vintage shop behind CH today. Its fab, I hope they do well. I purchased too, great value! Didn't have time to look at the vinal upstairs, but I will go in with the hubby another day.

What is the range of stuff like there, i hadnt time to get into town today for a looksee.

Recovers after having to talk to Brendan O 'Connor? :D anytime I have flicked that that on it has been so cringe! he is terrible. All the best to Donal tho.

I'm not that bothered about Brendan or the show, I only turned on as I heard he was going to be on. I was impressed about how well this young man spoke & how brave & inspirational he is as he battles cancer again.

What is the range of stuff like there, i hadnt time to get into town today for a looksee.

Its lovely, although I think it seemed to be mainly women's clothing although I didn't go upstairs, so not sure what else they have up there apart from vinal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Vinyl!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I have a habit of collecting full sized cars..much harder to store...

Mine are only 1:18, that's as big as I can afford!!

Did you see where Fangio's 1954(?) Mercedes has been "found" after being forgotten about and will be auctioned off at the Goodwood festival of speed this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Leaving aside the new shop in Castleisland Co.Cork, anyone know where the bigger xtravision is going? I assume they are talking about the Abbey Court one.
    One new store will open in Castleisland, Co Cork, and four existing ones will move to bigger premises, in Tralee, Nenagh, Kilkenny and Midleton.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/xtravision-stores-shut-in-digital-bid-29179080.html

spotted another new shop open in Ashe Street, beside Hennebery's. I think its called 'D4', selling mens & women's clothing. Had a quick browse on Saturday and it seems to have nice stuff. Didn't realise it had opened

kn wrote: »
    Leaving aside the new shop in Castleisland Co.Cork, anyone know where the bigger xtravision is going? I assume they are talking about the Abbey Court one.

Interesting article.

Castleisland Co. Cork? is there a Castleisland in Co. Cork?!

I wonder if they will close one of the two Tralee stores & just have one in town?

spotted another new shop open in Ashe Street, beside Hennebery's. I think its called 'D4', selling mens & women's clothing. Had a quick browse on Saturday and it seems to have nice stuff. Didn't realise it had opened

Think there was a gents shop there in the past, Celsius?

Hope they do well , new openings are always welcome in difficult times.

Interesting name D 4 !

Castleisland Co. Cork? is there a Castleisland in Co. Cork?!

Cork being the largest county in Ireland, perhaps they are extending the boundary to include Castelisland, or perhaps they mean Charleville Co. Cork!:)

Cork being the largest county in Ireland, perhaps they are extending the boundary to include Castelisland, or perhaps they mean Charleville Co. Cork!:)

well considering I spotted another typo in that article, it doesn't look like they did much proof reading! lol

I wonder if they will close one of the two Tralee stores & just have one in town?

Must be the only town with 2 Xtravision outlets?

• Advertisement

well considering I spotted another typo in that article, it doesn't look like they did much proof reading! lol

Well it is the Independent.......:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement