Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    there's been an accident of some sort on the Oakpark Road. Couldn't see exactly where or what happened, but looks like down by Oaklands shop as there were loads of flashing lights there. Gardai were stopping traffic at the entrance to Ard Na Li & diverting it. hopefully no one hurt or worse.

Its really hard driving in this weather, really need ypur wits about you in the wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

there's been an accident of some sort on the Oakpark Road. Couldn't see exactly where or what happened, but looks like down by Oaklands shop as there were loads of flashing lights there. Gardai were stopping traffic at the entrance to Ard Na Li & diverting it. hopefully no one hurt or worse.

Three car accident. All cleared now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Three car accident. All cleared now.

yikes, hopefully it wasn't too serious! wonder how that happened, not exactly busy on the road at night. Wouldn't surprise me if it was someone pulling out of Fairies Cross...I've almost had an accident there a few times with people just pulling out in front of me...or about to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ovayonda

Hi everyone, first post and im in shock after what i saw this morning.
    I was stopped at the traffic lights outside St Johns church,going from town
    towards Boherbue. Then i saw a young lady waving her hand in the air,
    she was walking on the footpath just about to pass the entrance into
    St Johns, the reason she was waving was because a car came from Edward st
    going into St Johns and nearly knocked her down, she couldnt have been more than a few inches from the car. It was only when the car
    had passed her that i realised she was visually impaired with a guide dog.
    As if that wasnt bad enough a second car did the same thing.
    thankfully the third car stopped and let her pass.
    Considering that i was in shock , i cant begin to to imagine how the young lady felt, and maybe this could affect the dogs confidence.
    If i had been able to get the cars regs i would publish them here, and
    suffer the consequences.. but i was to slow.
    Is this is what we have come to..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ovayonda wrote: »
    going into St Johns and nearly knocked her down, she couldnt have been more than a few inches from the car. It was only when the car
    Considering that i was in shock , i cant begin to to imagine how the young lady felt, and maybe this could affect the dogs confidence.

that's awful! There are some seriously ignorant & selfish people out there. So many people just want to go go go...they don't care if they get in someones way, they don't care if they nearly cause an accident, just drive through red lights, over take people who are actually doing the correct speed limit...its all total lack of patience!
    I was nearly knocked down on the pedestrian crossing in the Mall a few months back, I had even waited to make sure nothing was coming rather than what some people do & just walk out on it expecting a car to stop for them. When I went to cross a guy just kept driving, as if he didn't notice me! I saw a woman knocked down on the same crossing last year!

I get so frustrated with people and their total inability to see what's going on around them, like they are in their own little bubble and don't care what's going on outside of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ovayonda wrote: »

Yeah. I am wary myself walking across St.Johns. It seems to be a bit of a pedestrian blind spot as there is no warning to pedestrians that cars could be zipping in from Edward St in particular. There is nothing in the set up of the entrance to indicate that it is a vehicular entrance and in fact the set up with the gates et al indicate that it is really a pedestrian entrance. It is unfortunately a rather handy 'rat run' in heavy traffic from Castle St to Denny St. I notice that the problem really seems to be traffic coming down from Edward St on the green light, they seem to if anything accelerate through the lights to the entrance - barreling down on top of unsuspecting pedestrians.

The only solution to the problem of that entrance would be to block off the vehicular access to the car park from St. John's Church - that would cut the number of cars using the St. Johns entrance by about 99%. I might be mistaken but I think there are the holes in the ground for the metal barriers at the entrance, never seen them used though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 expatin africa

hi, just wondering is rocky mountain still open or has it become burgerking yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ rockey mountain was open last night anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

^^ Was their not a licencing issue or something. That they can not use the name yet, but Burgerking are taking over it.

^ I wasn't there last night, but I was coming out of mcdonalds and saw the sign was all lite up so it looked as if it was

• Advertisement

^ I wasn't there last night, but I was coming out of mcdonalds and saw the sign was all lite up so it looked as if it was

^^ I see, this arrow (^) business is so much handier then quoting.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

^^^^ You're learning sham! :)

^^^Indeed I am, Cheers Bah!.

Does anyone remember them horrible Blue (I think) Lorries laden down with the carcasses of what I think were dead sheep driving through the town years back, maybe early 90's.

Used to freak me out.

^^^ Now thats a bit random. You on the WKD blue tonight?

Are we having a boardsies Christmas meet-up? The Grand? The Mall......del's yacht? ;)

^^^ Now thats a bit random. You on the WKD blue tonight?

Please, am a west coast cooler kinda guy! Gawwd.

Yeaaaah that's right am back to quoting!.

^^^^ could be worse, you could be a Ritz kinda guy :P

Are we having a boardsies Christmas meet-up? The Grand? The Mall......del's yacht? ;)

Del's yacht is heading for the Caribbean this time of year. Rumour has it that he may have a private island there.....but that's only a rumour...... ;)

hi, just wondering is rocky mountain still open or has it become burgerking yet

its still trading as Rocky Mountain, and still open. It won't be changing over to Burger King until sometime in January.

• Advertisement

^^ I see, this arrow (^) business is so much handier then quoting.....

l have to quote you now, but l perfer it anyway...less hassle...saw it on a different thread and thought l like that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 expatin africa

thanks

have'nt been in town since september, also hows is the traffic in town mainly round manor, dont get home to saturday and must do the christmas shoping on sunday and monday and saw d pic of the posted last week, dreading it

thanks

have'nt been in town since september, also hows is the traffic in town mainly round manor, dont get home to saturday and must do the christmas shoping on sunday and monday and saw d pic of the posted last week, dreading it

It's going to be panda-moaning-um, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

It's going to be panda-moaning-um, sorry.

8cm2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Does anyone remember them horrible Blue (I think) Lorries laden down with the carcasses of what I think were dead sheep driving through the town years back, maybe early 90's.

Used to freak me out.

They are still out there. Wards operate them.

just came upon this FB page 'Bad Driving Kerry'.... :D

https://www.facebook.com/baddrivingkerry

so 'Milanos' is now 'Sopranos'....AGAIN!!!! WTF!??

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

so 'Milanos' is now 'Sopranos'....AGAIN!!!! WTF!??

Whats the bet that it will be back to Milano's again within 6 months. :rolleyes:

Whats the bet that it will be back to Milano's again within 6 months. :rolleyes:

Notice on the window says it was opening at 4pm today. Are ye all still queuing in this weather?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

kn wrote: »
    Notice on the window says it was opening at 4pm today. Are ye all still queuing in this weather?? :D

I might head down now, hopefully the queue will have died down a bit..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement