Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Maybe we should have our boardsies Christmas party in Sopranos?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

just saw this on FB, how sad....l guess this was the fire in farmer's bridge last night :( great idea

"URGENT Appeal, last night a local family lost their home and business in a fire, they also lost all of their possessions, thank God everyone is safe, the Family has 5 children - twins aged 4 a boy and a girl. Also two boys aged 6&9 and a girl who is 16.They have nothing left at all, not uniforms, clothes,shoes,toys, toiletries, bedding,food, totally everything is gone so any donations at all would be appreciated. We will have a collection point at Mounthawk Montessori School & Busy Bees Nursery at the Mounthawk Roundabout, Clogherbrien, Tralee (066)(7189964) tomorrow & Friday December 20th . Any cash donations will be receipted and 100% will be passed on to the family. Santa gifts are also gone so please help if you can. Thanks a million for sharing & helping, Susan 087-1679285. Please contact me if you wish to help outside of business hours. Merry Christmas & God Bless Kind regards, Susan For further information please contact Susan Quirke Crowley 087-1679285 Helena Wallace Dowling 066-7189964"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Lads, anyone know where the cheapest (reputable;)) diesel is around Tralee at the moment, have to fill her up this evening!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

deccurley wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know where the cheapest (reputable;)) diesel is around Tralee at the moment, have to fill her up this evening!

I find joe connors diesel gets me more miles to the tank than anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

deccurley wrote: »

I see 142.9 in a few places. I haven't seen less unless anyone can better that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

For anyone interested, the blood donation clinic is at the Conference Centre in the Brandon Hotel today/tonight:

3:00pm - 5:00pm
    7:00pm - 9:00pm

http://giveblood.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I get mine in AppleGreen, always seem to the cheapest in town and I get great MPG out of their diesel.

Killarney thread is getting a bit...feisty shall we say!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Left a bag of xmas shopping in one of the taxis in town last night. . chances of getting it back? /: Im going to call into the garda station tomorrow and see was it maybe handed in...

Killarney thread is getting a bit...feisty shall we say!

Hmmmmm, this is an odd feeling that it is not the Tralee thread getting heated! :confused:

• Advertisement

Zat is because ve do not work for ze German overlords! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I find joe connors diesel gets me more miles to the tank than anywhere else!

Ya him and Nolan's near dunnes offer great prices and great mpg. Also if your doing your Xmas shopping in tescos you get 15 cent of a litre if you spend 100 euro or 5 cent if you spend 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I get mine in AppleGreen, always seem to the cheapest in town and I get great MPG out of their diesel.

Pity they don't support local suppliers. Most Of their goods come directly from a warehouse in dublin. And then if you go in they try to shove loyalty cards down your throat. Loyalty me Ars€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Pity they don't support local suppliers. Most Of their goods come directly from a warehouse in dublin. And then if you go in they try to shove loyalty cards down your throat. Loyalty me Ars€.

I won't go there for that fact alone.

Every garage get there supplies from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Have u a loyalty card...
    No..
    Would you like one?
    No..
    Its no problem..
    I'm fine..

EVERY SINGLE FCKING TIME IM IN THERE.....

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Ok and their stamp collection deal is really poor value....But they are consistently the cheapest fuel in Tralee and the staff are friendly and courteous.

Have u a loyalty card...
    No..
    Would you like one?
    No..
    Its no problem..
    I'm fine..

EVERY SINGLE FCKING TIME IM IN THERE.....

Try Topaz in Manor! Waaaay worse than Applegreen (which eventually wore me down :( )

Try Topaz in Manor!
    Yes and they are really slow, flaffing about with long queues waiting to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Try Topaz in Manor! Waaaay worse than Applegreen (which eventually wore me down :( )

Is is just me that thinks there tends to be a 'free for all' attitude to parking and driving in that area around Topaz, McD's Seamus O sullivans etc?
    I breathe a sigh of relief every time I leave it with the car in one piece.

• Advertisement

Is is just me that thinks there tends to be a 'free for all' attitude to parking and driving in that area around Topaz, McD's Seamus O sullivans etc?

Yes and add to that the area to the front of XtraVision/Offlicence and the area around the car wash.

The area around McD's is very dangerous for vulnerable pedestrians. Try walking with a gaggle of 5 year olds from the parking area to the front of McD's!

Yes and add to that the area to the front of XtraVision/Offlicence and the area around the car wash.

The area around McD's is very dangerous for vulnerable pedestrians. Try walking with a gaggle of 5 year olds from the parking area to the front of McD's!

Can't say that I've noticed anything dangerous about that whole area.

There is no provision for pedestrians to the front of McD's. see here 2009 http://goo.gl/maps/5KB5i

Cars can enter at the lower entrance but there are no road markings to indicate how to navigate through the forecourt see here http://goo.gl/maps/VyeI1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

The whole issue of traffic, both motor and pedestrian on that site is an absolute nightmare.

Whatever was going on in the Planning Dept? Can't even imagine how Health and Safety passed that one!

It has the potential for a very serious accident.

Happy Holidays !;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I won't go there for that fact alone.

Ditto.

Has shopping been a total wipeout this weekend with the weather. I was in Horan's Dunnes and there was a good crowd in there after midday.

kn wrote: »
    Has shopping been a total wipeout this weekend with the weather. I was in Horan's Dunnes and there was a good crowd in there after midday.

Not a total wipeout, but it has most definitely affected retail sales

kn wrote: »

Not to mention the AIB banklinks disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I would like to wish all the fellow contributors to this thread a very merry and peaceful Christmas. Looking forward to another 'interesting' year on here in 2014.

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    I would like to wish all the fellow contributors to this thread a very merry and peaceful Christmas. Looking forward to another 'interesting' year on here in 2014.

Yes, many happy returns & here's to a very "interesting" 2014 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement