Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    spelling is wrong....canopy!

I know...that was the joke :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I know...that was the joke :o

I know, just clarifying the spelling....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

No harm that the aqua dome will now have to close. while it is a great place to spend a day it is grossly overpriced. Must be 12 euros to go in there now. Purely aimed at the tourist market and screw the locals who could keep it open during the off season.

Rant over. Hopefully the council or some crowd like that will take it over. Never mind that person that runs it. Never liked him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

adam88 wrote: »
    No harm that the aqua dome will now have to close. while it is a great place to spend a day it is grossly overpriced. Must be 12 euros to go in there now. Purely aimed at the tourist market and screw the locals who could keep it open during the off season.

Rant over. Hopefully the council or some crowd like that will take it over. Never mind that person that runs it. Never liked him.

That's the christmas spirit!

Never mind all the job losses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

That's the christmas spirit!

Never mind all the job losses.

glad someone said something to that post...I wasn't sure how to respond! too shocked :eek:

• Advertisement

glad someone said something to that post...I wasn't sure how to respond! too shocked :eek:

I'm speaking my mind. That place is a brilliant facility but it's being ran into the ground. We used to go there nearly every week when we were small and when that place was affordable. Now the locals can't even afford to go there only for very special occasions. If they engaged in market penetration whereby they charge low but get profits from the increase in patrons that place would be hopping. But now there charging astronomical prices with hardly no one going in there. The ancillary revenue that place could make could be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I'm speaking my mind. That place is a brilliant facility but it's being ran into the ground. We used to go there nearly every week when we were small and when that place was affordable. Now the locals can't even afford to go there only for very special occasions. If they engaged in market penetration whereby they charge low but get profits from the increase in patrons that place would be hopping. But now there charging astronomical prices with hardly no one going in there. The ancillary revenue that place could make could be massive.

I'm sure that's called a catch 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

you don't know what you are talking about!
    What business do you run?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Lets hope 2014 is good for Tralee. It would be great to see Technology park extended as this would provide a huge boost and along with Tourism is the future for the town in my opinion.
    Anyone know what is going to hppen to the old Denny Site?

kimbaines wrote: »
    you don't know what you are talking about!
    What business do you run?

I don't run a business but from what I can see that place has gone down hill very quick over the years. I give it another year and it will be shut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I give it another year and it will be shut
    But the Dennys site has been shut for many years now.

But the Dennys site has been shut for many years now.

You must be very bored

Just had a fish n chips in Quinlans for the first time. (Yes, I know it's many moons since they opened)
    Impressive place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Just had a fish n chips in Quinlans for the first time. (Yes, I know it's many moons since they opened)
    Impressive place.

l keep meaning to go in there...was it dear? Are they like a fish shop aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

l keep meaning to go in there...was it dear? Are they like a fish shop aswell?

They do fresh fish for sale & the takeaway is about €9.50 for fish & chips. Same price as most other places, but think Quinlans win hands down on the taste front imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Does anyone know if theres a toastmasters in tralee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Yeah there is, used to be run by Mike O'Donnell, it's fairly active, think they meet in the Grand.

There is, they have a facebook page if you wish to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I was told last night by some former staff members of the Brogue that its reopening in March. One of the daughters is taking over it apparently.

unkymo wrote: »
    I was told last night by some former staff members of the Brogue that its reopening in March. One of the daughters is taking over it apparently.

One of the daughters had it...therein lay the problem I believe

• Advertisement

there are two huge potholes on the road near Kingdom Food & wines/Fairies cross! Everyone is swerving to avoid them now. Doubt the council will be out to fix them until after Christmas/New Years now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

there are two huge potholes on the road near Kingdom Food & wines/Fairies cross! Everyone is swerving to avoid them now. Doubt the council will be out to fix them until after Christmas/New Years now!

Two cars didn't swerve to avoid one earlier as I was walking home from Aldi!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Two cars didn't swerve to avoid one earlier as I was walking home from Aldi!

did you get soaked!? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I just know that was you Ciarrai - getting your sadistic kicks from soaking pedestrians!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Happy 2014 to everyone on this thread!

Best Wishes,

Sincerely,

D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I was narrowly able to avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

They were filled in this morning.

shergar22 wrote: »
    They were filled in this morning.

With tar bate in with shovels no doubt, give it a week and they will be opened up again....

With tar bate in with shovels no doubt, give it a week and they will be opened up again....

Don't be doubting our fine council officials. Trojan work done by them. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

No Sky signal since the storm, dish looks normal but must have moved in the wind.

Anybody local that will fix this quicker and cheaper than Sky themselves?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement