Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

phormium wrote: »
    No Sky signal since the storm, dish looks normal but must have moved in the wind.

Anybody local that will fix this quicker and cheaper than Sky themselves?

A guy called Kevin Murphy could do it, installs satellites for Sky, but does his own work too don't have a number though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

A guy called Kevin Murphy could do it, installs satellites for Sky, but does his own work too don't have a number though

Thanks, googled him but nothing came up so not much I can do. If anybody actually has his number let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Thanks, googled him but nothing came up so not much I can do. If anybody actually has his number let me know.

Neal Bodenham, Multimedia Services , Ardfert. 0863881800

Satellite Services including SKY !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    there are two huge potholes on the road near Kingdom Food & wines/Fairies cross! Everyone is swerving to avoid them now. Doubt the council will be out to fix them until after Christmas/New Years now!

Yes, my sister almost got the underside of her car destroyed last night there as it wasn't obvious in the dark. Saw picture of roof damage to CBS Clounalour in Irish Times. It looked scary. Only the trees saved the roof from flying across the road into Oakview houses!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

shergar22 wrote: »
    They were filled in this morning.

saw that on my way to work! but as was already mentioned, no doubt it will be opened up again as I'm sure one of those was filled a week or two ago already! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

adam88 wrote: »
    Don't be doubting our fine council officials. Trojan work done by them. ;)

To be fair, the work looked decent enough earlier when I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cood

No Sky signal since the storm, dish looks normal but must have moved in the wind.

Anybody local that will fix this quicker and cheaper than Sky themselves?

Mine went too, rang a guy from Tralee that does the Sky Eye installs, his name is Liam (085) 758 9248 - he came out following morning - €40 All sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The small Tesco in the square has loads of printer ink cartridges in a bin just inside the entrance marked variously at 25c and €1 for anyone looking for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Happy New Year to you all.

Anything interesting happening around the place tonight or is it all house parties instead of pubs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Happy New Year to you all.

Anything interesting happening around the place tonight or is it all house parties instead of pubs

Were all heading for caviar and champers on dels yacht. He's chauffer shall commence collecting people from the Grand at 7!

Were all heading for caviar and champers on dels yacht. He's chauffer shall commence collecting people from the Grand at 7!

How come I wasn't invited? Sob...............:(

kn wrote: »
    How come I wasn't invited? Sob...............:(

You're not one of the cool gang, sorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Wishing you all a very happy new year 2014!

Thanks for the Sky repair suggestions, got sorted today for a very reasonable amount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

May this year bring good health and everything that you wish for.

Best Wishes,

D:)

May this year bring good health and everything that you wish for.

Best Wishes,

D:)

Bastards. I'm sinking your yacht for not inviting me to your New Year's cruise.........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FarmerSmith

Anyone know if Quinlans take away is open today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

has anyone got any info on cycling clubs in tralee or near enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

has anyone got any info on cycling clubs in tralee or near enough?

AFAIK there are 2 clubs in Tralee - the chain gang and Tralee cycling club.

Their contact detail are on the websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone watch the documentary about Donal Walsh RIP last night?

Very well made and a good watch getting the thoughts of his family,friends and others that knew him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone watch the documentary about Donal Walsh RIP last night?

Very well made and a good watch getting the thoughts of his family,friends and others that knew him.

Ya I did, his family seem like such good decent people, as he did too...such a shame he seemed to have alot to offer to the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Drove past the infamous Matt Talbot Road/Strand Street junction over the holidays and started laughing when I saw the (much publicized here on Boards) red van with flashing hazards for the first time outside the laundrette!!:) It looked all the more out of place and dangerous now that the rest of the area is completed. Perhaps they need to put low steel poles or bollards on the footpath edges around there to prevent such illegal on the kerb parking?

I do think while it is still confusing for motorists, the safety for pedestrians is much improved. Visually, the junction looks far better too. For the 5 seconds I passed through it though, one motorist failed to use the roundabout correctly. I was yielding from Chapel Street for the motorist coming off High Street but she stopped and insisted on me going first even though it was her right of way. The motorist behind her wasn't too happy and beeped her out of it! Technically, it was not the roundabout or layout fault but her lack of understanding of roundabouts!

Finally, motorists of Tralee, please,please, please use your indicators on roundabouts and elsewhere where required (and of course use them correctly). I seemed to notice this time round that lack of use seems to be far more prominent down here than in Dublin/elsewhere. Surely those that don't use them are also inconvenienced by other drivers that don't use them (creating unnecessary delays at roundabouts/junctions for them also? etc) and therefore could/should appreciate why it's beneficial to use them??:confused:

Sorry, barely into 2014 and already ranting....!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ongarboy wrote: »
    Drove past the infamous Matt Talbot Road/Strand Street junction over the holidays and started laughing when I saw the (much publicized here on Boards) red van with flashing hazards for the first time outside the laundrette!!:) It looked all the more out of place and dangerous now that the rest of the area is completed. Perhaps they need to put low steel poles or bollards on the footpath edges around there to prevent such illegal on the kerb parking?

I do think while it is still confusing for motorists, the safety for pedestrians is much improved. Visually, the junction looks far better too. For the 5 seconds I passed through it though, one motorist failed to use the roundabout correctly. I was yielding from Chapel Street for the motorist coming off High Street but she stopped and insisted on me going first even though it was her right of way. The motorist behind her wasn't too happy and beeped her out of it! Technically, it was not the roundabout or layout fault but her lack of understanding of roundabouts!

Finally, motorists of Tralee, please,please, please use your indicators on roundabouts and elsewhere where required (and of course use them correctly). I seemed to notice this time round that lack of use seems to be far more prominent down here than in Dublin/elsewhere. Surely those that don't use them are also inconvenienced by other drivers that don't use them (creating unnecessary delays at roundabouts/junctions for them also? etc) and therefore could/should appreciate why it's beneficial to use them??:confused:

Sorry, barely into 2014 and already ranting....!!:o

The roundabout is just too bloody small. Whenever 4 cars arrive at each of the entrances simultaneously there's either a deadlock as they all wait for each other to make a move or they all take off at the same time. It's too small for them to avoid each other.

Also, if you're coming from the guards barracks side and turning right to Matt Talbot road you have no choice but to drive over the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

kn wrote: »
    Bastards. I'm sinking your yacht for not inviting me to your New Year's cruise.........:mad:

Don't worry kn; I wasnt invited either; next year once new business is a roaring success I'll host and you'll be 1st invited!! Lol. :rolleyes:

That roundabout is awful! Coming from the Garda Station side it is practically impossible with all but the smallest of cars to actually go around the 'roundabout' to turn into Matt Talbot Road, most cars just drive over it. The dot, sorry roundabout, is too close to the Bons side of the junction, why did they make the dividing island on the Matt Talbot side so big? If it was smaller there would be a bigger turning circle around the roundabout. I thought all along it was a temporary dot until they finished the junction but unfortunately that is the finished layout. I really don't think it works unless you do just drive over it to turn into Matt Talbot road.

I have never seen this famous van, must keep a look out!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Anyone know if Quinlans take away is open today?

saw on their sign today that it was closed Wed & tonight Thursday and open again tomorrow Friday (3rd Jan).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    saw on their sign today that it was closed Wed & tonight Thursday and open again tomorrow Friday (3rd Jan).

No boats going out to sea until the New Year, so no fresh fish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

xxyyzz wrote: »
    AFAIK there are 2 clubs in Tralee - the chain gang and Tralee cycling club.

Their contact detail are on the websites.

Or if you are planning on racing, Tralee Bicycle Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

There is the Slowcial Cycling Club
    dmire wrote: »
    Or if you are planning on racing, Tralee Bicycle Club

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement