Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

*whoosh*

Eh?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

kn wrote: »
    If they are applying to KCC it must be outside the Town boundaries? Unless KCC have already taken over Tralee's planning in advance of the merger.

You can now apply for planning permission to the KCC for any new building or conversions within the town boundary. All town council tenants will now be paying rent to the KCC.
    Good luck to anybody wanting to get a footpath fixed now!

Eh?:confused:

Castle st being the hub of Asian business in town

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Expand more on this?

Im assuming that you mean this is the schooner 'The Sunbeam' that sank in Rossbeigh in 1903, the storm lifted its remains and moved it a half km away.
    They want to return it to its original resting place it seems.
    If anyone has a pic of it in its present state please post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

You can now apply for planning permission to the KCC for any new building or conversions within the town boundary.
    Have you a link for this? As far as I know TTC is still the planning authority until mid 2014 at which time TTC will be abolished.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Any news on KFC? Heard a rumour that they were moving into Rndles old showroom in Manor West?

Subway will be going into the rocky mountain building along with Burger King!

Have you a link for this? As far as I know TTC is still the planning authority until mid 2014 at which time TTC will be abolished.

Changeover is happening now I was told, don't have a link,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Changeover is happening now I was told, don't have a link,

I used to work in planning and I am pretty sure that would illegal as TTC is still the legal planning authority.

I used to work in planning and I am pretty sure that would illegal as TTC is still the legal planning authority.

I'm having lunch with someone in TCC planning at the moment, will ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I took these last Thursday out in Rossbeigh, my wife was saying the other half of it is further down the beach at some point, didn't see that though.

• Advertisement

On the topic of Andy, I contacted him through facebook, he gave me his address, I dropped the phone to him, he looked at it at the door, within a half hour he was back on to me on facebook telling me what he needed to do to it and the cost. It took him an hour after that to fix it and I collected it. I thought it was a fair price and the phone hasn't given me a spot of bother since. I was well pleased with his service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bobdcow wrote: »
    I took these last Thursday out in Rossbeigh, my wife was saying the other half of it is further down the beach at some point, didn't see that though.

Great pics. Just a suggestion but maybe this shipwreck topic should be given a thread of its own in the Kerry forum as its not specifically Tralee related (I think)and people who would enjoy seeing these pics will not overlook them (especially if they wouldn't be visiting the Tralee thread normally).

That's not a bad idea, didn't think of putting them up on another thread, I just browse the Tralee one really, I'll throw them up on the kerry thread soon!

I see the county manager Tom Curran has announced he will be stepping down in June.
    An extremely hard working official for the county over the last 6 years & has fought hard on behalf of communities for many projects here in town.
    I wish him well & good luck for the future

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Commercial rates are to come down....finally!! :)

"Rates cut for Tralee businesses: in an effort to stimulate economic recovery, Tralee councilors voted last night to reduce commercial rates for the first time in six years by 1.57% to €79.90.

See full story in tomorrow's Kerry's Eye."

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

"Rates cut for Tralee businesses: in an effort to stimulate economic recovery, Tralee councilors voted last night to reduce commercial rates for the first time in six years by 1.57% to €79.90.

Is there an election coming?? :eek:

Is there an election coming?? :eek:

Yes ;)

I nominate Ciarrai !

No doubt she would make an excellent Public Representative.

We need more ladies in Politics.

Sincerely,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

See full story in tomorrow's Kerry's Eye."

What will this 1.57% do for average sole trader?

What will this 1.57% do for average sole trader?

I guess it is better than an increase.
    You are correct , not going to do much for average sole trader. won't even offset Insurance premium increases which are bound to follow as a result of this Winter's storms.
    All the more reason to encourage young business people to come forward and get involved in Politics. They are in touch with reality.

Yes ;)

I nominate Ciarrai !

No doubt she would make an excellent Public Representative.

We need more ladies in Politics.

Sincerely,

"Shag off!"

Yours sincerely
    Councillor Pat Hussey :)

• Advertisement

"Shag off!"

Yours sincerely
    Councillor Pat Hussey :)

Dear Pat,

Please vote Ciarrai No 1,

Sincerely,

Del:)

Hon. Rep. Tea & Coffee Club

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dear Pat,

Please vote Ciarrai No 1,

Sincerely,

Del:)

Hon. Rep. Tea & Coffee Club

don't worry, no money in the world would make me want to get into politics! no interest in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Wonder will Tom Curran go working for Irish Water!
    I think he is getting out at the right time, the abolishment of local councils will cause the Co Manager huge headaches and responsibilities. He will be asked for financial support from all the towns in Kerry previously looked after by the local authorities and also the County has had their budgets cut substantially by central Govt.. Its a no win situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Just heard Aqua Dome will have a crane in situ tomorrow and could be open on Sunday.
    That's good for Tralee - Relatives of mine did not visit over the New Year because it was shut. Goes to show its not me that's the real reason they visit us.

great to hear that Kerry man Michael Fassbender has been nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category in the Oscars!! Lets hope he gets it :)

What impact would the closure of Liebherr have on Tralee?

Following the Storms ,will our beaches be tidied up in time for the Tourist Season?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Following the Storms ,will our beaches be tidied up in time for the Tourist Season?

Going to be interesting all right,I think most of the beaches have been tided up by now but re any damage done to footpaths etc I suppose it all about can they get the cash to do the repairs.

What impact would the closure of Liebherr have on Tralee?
    Celebrations in the streets at the Killarney feckers for fecking it up for a business that should have been in Tralee from day one!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Celebrations in the streets at the Killarney feckers for fecking it up for a business that should have been in Tralee from day one!

Nice.

Some of us rely on them for our wages!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement