Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

kn wrote: »
    Celebrations in the streets at the Killarney feckers for fecking it up for a business that should have been in Tralee from day one!

Does anyone know if the Southampton fc owner, Katarina Liebherr is part of this family?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Does anyone know if the Southampton fc owner, Katarina Liebherr is part of this family?

Yes she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Celebrations in the streets at the Killarney feckers for fecking it up for a business that should have been in Tralee from day one!

Surely not ?

I guess there are people in Tralee working in Liebherr. It must surely put spending power in Tralee at risk?

( As for the location of the plant, my understanding Tralee messed up in the same way they did with M&S!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

( As for the location of the plant, my understanding Tralee messed up in the same way they did with M&S!!!)

Yes, short sighted smart arsery! I believe that the "merchant princes" subverted the process because it would lead to increased wages in the town.

Nice.

Some of us rely on them for our wages!

Is there any chance of retrieving the situation.?

Liebherr have been wonderful Employers in Kerry.
    Some years ago I had the good fortune of attending their Open Day to celebrate 50 years in Killarney. The plant tour was mind blowing and the generosity and hospitality to attendees was second to none.

Sincerely I hope everyone can remain calm and bring about an amicable solution to this dispute.

It is shocking to think of the devastation which may ensue if agreement cannot be reached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What impact would the closure of Liebherr have on Tralee?

Im sure the lads that load the boats back in Fenit aren't too pleased with the stories coming out of Liebherr.

Is there any chance of retrieving the situation.?

Liebherr have been wonderful Employers in Kerry.
    Some years ago I had the good fortune of attending their Open Day to celebrate 50 years in Killarney. The plant tour was mind blowing and the generosity and hospitality to attendees was second to none.

Sincerely I hope everyone can remain calm and bring about an amicable solution to this dispute.

It is shocking to think of the devastation which may ensue if agreement cannot be reached.

I hope it can be resolved but I'm not hopeful.

Liebherr have 32000 employees in Germany. I believe Killarney is the only plant outside of it. They could literally move the whole operation at the flick of a switch.

They are adding 70 million to the Kerry economy every year. They are a great company to work for. They have no shortage of work, and are always investing in the killarney factory. They are currently finishing off a mammoth workshop at the moment.

This will hit the whole of Kerry, not just Killarney. What multinational is going to come here when workers averaging 52 k a year are not happy and are willing to let a company close down.

All aided by siptu who seem to thrive in sucking the life blood out of the country!

Im sure the lads that load the boats back in Fenit aren't too pleased with the stories coming out of Liebherr.

Guess they are not pleased at all .

Don't forget the smaller engineering firms in killarney and listowel who liebherr sub work to. You have christy luceys who you see every morning transporting it to fenit. And the steel suppliers

I hope it can be resolved but I'm not hopeful.

Liebherr have 32000 employees in Germany. I believe Killarney is the only plant outside of it. They could literally move the whole operation at the flick of a switch.

They are adding 70 million to the Kerry economy every year. They are a great company to work for. They have no shortage of work, and are always investing in the killarney factory. They are currently finishing off a mammoth workshop at the moment.

This will hit the whole of Kerry, not just Killarney. What multinational is going to come here when workers averaging 52 k a year are not happy and are willing to let a company close down.

All aided by siptu who seem to thrive in sucking the life blood out of the country!

We shall remain positive! The "fat lady" is not on the scene yet! Hopefully all sides can sit around the table and save the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

We shall remain positive! The "fat lady" is not on the scene yet! Hopefully all sides can sit around the table and save the situation.

That's all well intentioned del but put yourself in a room full of siptu reps for a half a day and there won't be much positivity around listening to their lefty pinko bullsh1t and the fat lady on her arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

And the Tralee angle is? Was he coaching in Tralee or something?

Yes, some rather lazy reporting there from Howard.

The religious enthusiast in question coached the Tigers at some point, presumably before his 'road to Damascus'.

Tralee Tigers

groovie wrote: »
    Yes, some rather lazy reporting there from Howard.

The religious enthusiast in question coached the Tigers at some point, presumably before his 'road to Damascus'.

Tralee Tigers

More of mention in this bio.
    http://uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/CRAIG-_Chris

Picture looks as if it is a totally different person from the mugshot although its obviously the same person. I wonder will he find that he was 'radicalised' from his time in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

More of mention in this bio.
    http://uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/CRAIG-_Chris

Picture looks as if it is a totally different person from the mugshot although its obviously the same person. I wonder will he find that he was 'radicalised' from his time in Tralee?

Indeed I have memories of 'talking to God' after a particularly dodgy burger from the former sponsors of said basketball team. Anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

groovie wrote: »
    Indeed I have memories of 'talking to God' after a particularly dodgy burger from the former sponsors of said basketball team. Anything is possible.

Same here,I saw a vision of God as well,has to be something in the meat :D

Yeah, sorry I was trying to post a little text by way of explanation, but my phone had a whoopsie
    He did indeed play for Tigers & coached here too. Sad that his mental health has suffered so much recently, hopefully he gets all the help he needs

That's all well intentioned del but put yourself in a room full of siptu reps for a half a day and there won't be much positivity around listening to their lefty pinko bullsh1t and the fat lady on her arse.

Well this is a moment when people should vote with the heads & hearts , following the BS spouted by some Union Official will not get their mortgages paid, nor their kids through college.

The Union Official will still have a job after the the fat lady sings!

I sincerely hope things get sorted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

good to hear that the Aqua Dome are re-opening on Sunday! They had the crane today doing the essential repairs.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    good to hear that the Aqua Dome are re-opening on Sunday! They had the crane today doing the essential repairs.

Delighted to hear that. Well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

He did indeed play for Tigers & coached here too. Sad that his mental health has suffered so much recently, hopefully he gets all the help he needs

Unfortunately this happens a lot more often than most people realize or want to hear. The very sudden onset of schizophrenic symptoms at the age of 32 and the reported use of hallucinogenic drugs in this case is not likely to be coincidental. It rarely is. He probably didn't try many drugs before.
    I think the best he can hope for is to get adequate inpatient treatment as soon as possible, a sentence would do no good here. The chances of full recovery are actually not that bad at his age, it would be a lot worse at 18 or 19. I wish him luck.

On the topic of the crane:
    289290.jpg

I give up.

I give up.

Medical Centre?

Medical Centre?

Yep, it's a spelling mistake I was trying to point out though :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Baloonagh!?

Baloonagh!?

It should have a double L.

Baloonagh!?

Even as a non narrie I know it's Balloonagh.
    Going to be some indignation up there...........when the locals learn to spell ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I give up.

Yeah, I'm not a native speaker but even I can sometimes see when a word looks just wrong. That being said, Irish place names are not always easy to make sense of, so those errors can happen (but should not be left like that once found to be in error).
    But there are also many examples of bad road signage, the classic one would be the misspelling of "Ballybunnion" on each and every green roadsign in Kerry.

This is one I had posted earlier in the bypass-thread, taken last summer next to Lidl:
    289449.jpg

My personal favourite (albeit not from Tralee) is this one in Merrion Road, Dublin between St. Vincent's Hospital and the Tara Towers Hotel:
    289450.jpg
    It has been there for at least four years and I always chuckle when I pass it. The stencil may have come from the maintenence company above :)

• Advertisement

Even as a non narrie I know it's Balloonagh.
    Going to be some indignation up there...........when the locals learn to spell ! :D

also as a non-narrie I spotted that....hence why I posted the wrongly spelled word :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement