Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

update; No accident just roadblocks for water metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Advance flooding warning for weekend of 31 Jan. Very high tides and rain forecast!
    In other news i see Tralee's 30 million by pass is now costing 60 million - Some creative accounting going on there i think!
    Interesting debate on TCA Facebook thread about court poor box money being sent abroad, of the 500k collected over 450k went abroad. Surely this money should stay with local charities especially as the crimes are being committed locally. Apparently its all at the discretion of the local judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

^ the bypass cost €97 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kimbaines wrote: »
    Advance flooding warning for weekend of 31 Jan. Very high tides and rain forecast!
    In other news i see Tralee's 30 million by pass is now costing 60 million - Some creative accounting going on there i think!
    Interesting debate on TCA Facebook thread about court poor box money being sent abroad, of the 500k collected over 450k went abroad. Surely this money should stay with local charities especially as the crimes are being committed locally. Apparently its all at the discretion of the local judge.

Consultants fees!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kimbaines wrote: »

Can you provide a link or legitimate source for the bypass costing news story? It actually cost 97 million so I don't know where you are getting figures of 30 or 60 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor based in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Umekichi wrote: »

David Burke is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

ongarboy wrote: »
    Can you provide a link or legitimate source for the bypass costing news story? It actually cost 97 million so I don't know where you are getting figures of 30 or 60 million.

The story is in the Kerryman today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »

I read it on twitter today, it was Radio Kerry news twitter that said those figures!
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kerry-county-council-examining-bill-for-tralee-bypass-which-has-jumped-from-e30m-to-e60m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Umekichi wrote: »

Sean crowley (on radio kerry now and again) hes brill l went to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

keane2097 wrote: »
    David Burke is top class.

Yup I second David burke, If that man got my mother to pass her test then he can surely part the sea, and turn loaves to fishes. Nice guy too, went to him myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He was right about Mc ellistrim!

A Fianna fail waster. What was he's nick name again? The quiet man i think it was!

He was right about Mc ellistrim!

A Fianna fail waster. What was he's nick name again? The quiet man i think it was!

The invisible man I think it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Incoheret difficult to read rant. The fact that hes right about McEllistrim doesnt make the blog any less of an incoherent rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

The invisible man I think it was :)
    The Ghost :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sean crowley (on radio kerry now and again) hes brill l went to him

does he still teach driving lessons?? I went to him TWENTY YEARS ago!!! OMG I feel so old :( He was really good though! I was only talking about him a couple of days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I read it on twitter today, it was Radio Kerry news twitter that said those figures!
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kerry-county-council-examining-bill-for-tralee-bypass-which-has-jumped-from-e30m-to-e60m/

Strange. Something not right with that report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Incoheret difficult to read rant. The fact that hes right about McEllistrim doesnt make the blog any less of an incoherent rant.

What is the story with the McEllistrim Dynasty?

Is he the best on offer for the Council Elections?

Will he do anything for Tralee?

An interesting rant!

does he still teach driving lessons?? I went to him TWENTY YEARS ago!!! OMG I feel so old :( He was really good though! I was only talking about him a couple of days ago!

Do you still have that Ford Model T you did your test in? :P

• Advertisement

I was wondering if it was the work of one of the occasional contributors to this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I was wondering if it was the work of one of the occasional contributors to this thread ;)

Emergency services

Good news in the Kerry's Eye today re the site across the road from Austin Stacks Park,a businessman from Cork has bought it and is applying for planning to develop on the site.

Hopefully something is finally done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Settle down presh, I was in school with him.

groovie wrote: »
    Settle down presh, I was in school with him.

I just didn't realise he still did the driving lessons, I thought he had given it up. I know his wife was doing it and he was working for Radio Kerry! Not saying he is old! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juve39

Micheal999999 your still on here telling lies,when i started with liebherr in 2008 they were making 12 cranes per year,this year 40+, they have not suffered the recession cause they deal in the global economy, its benifited them cause they have more skilled trades people available,what liebherr are doing is very smart ,they are ruining a pr campaign against the workers,they signed up to the t:16 agreement,the clause is if they plied enability to pay:63 million profit,by the way germany's corporate tax 35%, irelands 12.5% and there was strikes in they're german plants last year, try to see through the bull **** instead of endorseing it,peace dude ,dont spend all your life on line talking **** about people you dont know ,god bless

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Good news in the Kerry's Eye today re the site across the road from Austin Stacks Park,a businessman from Cork has bought it and is applying for planning to develop on the site.

Hopefully something is finally done with it.
    I passed it yesterday morning and it was all cleaned out, most of the plywood 'fence' was still up though.

juve39 wrote: »
    Micheal999999 your still on here telling lies,when i started with liebherr in 2008 they were making 12 cranes per year,this year 40+, they have not suffered the recession cause they deal in the global economy, its benifited them cause they have more skilled trades people available,what liebherr are doing is very smart ,they are ruining a pr campaign against the workers,they signed up to the t:16 agreement,the clause is if they plied enability to pay:63 million profit,by the way germany's corporate tax 35%, irelands 12.5% and there was strikes in they're german plants last year, try to see through the bull **** instead of endorseing it,peace dude ,dont spend all your life on line talking **** about people you dont know ,god bless

It reads as rabble....rabble...rabble, more incoherent rabble.

You are persistant listrybabe. Even when it was proven last week that you don't work there.

It reads as rabble....rabble...rabble, more incoherent rabble.

You are persistant listrybabe. Even when it was proven last week that you don't work there.

You've got a fan for life there Michael!

• Advertisement

You've got a fan for life there Michael!

He's gas, it took him 6 hours to type the same thing in the liebherr thread.

They still won't put up the 11 point plan they say is going to make there life misery. Maybe because siptu are blowing smoke up there arse and they have finally realized the public have seen them for the money grabbers they are.

Anyway if he wants to discuss it he can go to the Liebher thread, and don't be filling this with hes siptu propoganda!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement