Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I noticed that the 'FAS' office is closing to the public next week. I think the new employment office is the building opposite the post office on Edward street?

I was told on Wednesday last that I had to go to the Local Employment Services Office in North Circular Road in future as Intreo Offices will not be dealing with walk in clients.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was told on Wednesday last that I had to go to the Local Employment Services Office in North Circular Road in future as Intreo Offices will not be dealing with walk in clients.

oh right, didn't know that! so what is the Intreo office for??

oh right, didn't know that! so what is the Intreo office for??

Your guess is as good as mine. Have to say though that LES really looked after me. I actually felt human there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Your guess is as good as mine. Have to say though that LES really looked after me. I actually felt human there.

Is that down the lane near CH chemist?

Is that down the lane near CH chemist?

No, I was in North Circular Road. I think the place you are asking about is a sub office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

LES are a great service with lovely staff. Dealt with them myself May last year, after I tried to apply for a Fas course in the Fas office and had an interview with a woman who really couldn't care less. LES were Very friendly, helpful and encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Kerry Co Co have published plans for the continuation of the River Lee path to Ballyseedy. This will create an off road path from Ballyseedy all the way to the Spa !

http://kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/part8proposedballyseedytoballymullentrail/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Mayor Pat Hussey is resigning from FG. Possibily running as an Indo in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was a nice sized queue forming outside B Mobile this evening for the Garth Brooks tickets,a cold night ahead for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

kingdumb wrote: »
    Kerry Co Co have published plans for the continuation of the River Lee path to Ballyseedy. This will create an off road path from Ballyseedy all the way to the Spa !

http://kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/part8proposedballyseedytoballymullentrail/
    Dammit!! know my Childhood fishing spots will be known to everyone:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Was a nice sized queue forming outside B Mobile this evening for the Garth Brooks tickets,a cold night ahead for them.

Its not like there's any music fans there to feel sorry for....hope it's a wet & cold one :) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its not like there's any music fans there to feel sorry for....hope it's a wet & cold one :) :P

Howard???

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Does anyone else find the smell of fish emanating from Quinlans bordering on the offensive? It was pretty bad down there at 6pm. Give me the Snackery smell any day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

there was a cyclist injured in an accident tonight, up near the General hospital I think. The road was closed off for ages & is still closed on one side. Hopefully not serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Oh sorry to hear that . Hopefully nothing too serious. My thoughts are with the cyclist and his loved ones

One can never be careful enough, whether a pedestrian, cyclist or motorist.

Being visible to other road users on dark nights is of paramount importance.

I had a close encounter myself this evening near Templeglantine Co. Limerick.

It was dark , after 6pm , no street lights , a pedestrian in dark clothing ran across the road to a parked car !!!

Fortunately I spotted the lady and was driving at a safe speed. Needless to say the incident frightened the life out of my front seat passenger who caught a glimpse of the pedestrian at the very last second.

Winter is still with us, be safe, be seen!!!

far too many cyclists out with no lights on bikes or visible clothing. The students in the ITT are terrible for this. I have to be so careful after dark coming out of our road to make sure there is definitely no cyclist coming down the main road from the college, as there are times I've just about spotted the cyclist in time cos they had no lights etc. This evening there was a guy cycling so fast down the road with a lot of traffic, all dark clothing and no lights. Its nervewracking driving in this town at times!

A lot of joggers out too who don't tend to be very visible and some run on the road!

far too many cyclists out with no lights on bikes or visible clothing. The students in the ITT are terrible for this. I have to be so careful after dark coming out of our road to make sure there is definitely no cyclist coming down the main road from the college, as there are times I've just about spotted the cyclist in time cos they had no lights etc. This evening there was a guy cycling so fast down the road with a lot of traffic, all dark clothing and no lights. Its nervewracking driving in this town at times!

A lot of joggers out too who don't tend to be very visible and some run on the road!

Agree totally with you on this issue.
    Accidents waiting to happen! One cannot be careful enough. It may sound petty, however why don't the Garda Traffic Corps enforce the laws in relation to cyclists and adequate lighting on their bicycles. Perhaps if they nabbed a few students from the IT with no lights it may help reinforce the message.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Anyone know why the road going from the roundabout by the county council building going towards Kellihers garage was closed off by the Gardai this morning?. 7am ish!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anyone know why the road going from the roundabout by the county council building going towards Kellihers garage was closed off by the Gardai this morning?. 7am ish!.

I think it was to do with the cyclist who was in the accident that Ciarrai mentioned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Apologies, I heard incorrectly from a workmate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Crap, soz did not read the posts above mine, thats terrible news.

It looks like it was a fatal accident!

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/40700/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It looks like it was a fatal accident!
    Hold the horses there Michael. The information to date only says that a cyclist is in a serious condition in hospital.

Heard late last evening that the cyclist involved in the accident near KGH, since passed away.

Thoughts are with her family and the motorist involved in the accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Full force of storm "Bridget" here this morning!

Full force of storm "Bridet" here this morning!

Its fairly rough out there.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/exensive-flooding-across-the-county-following-high-spring-tides-and-strong-winds/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Rugby & hot whiskey for me today, only cure for tonsilitis & shìttyweatheritis

Rugby & hot whiskey for me today, only cure for tonsilitis & shìttyweatheritis

Great excuse to stay in this weekend. Wall to Wall Rugby !! Excellent........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Great excuse to stay in this weekend. Wall to Wall Rugby !! Excellent........:)

Boooooooooring!!!
    Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes. Supposedly the entire inside has been ripped out and renovated.

Read in the Kerryman today that Rocky Mountain has indeed been ripped out and they have started the remodelling for Burger King/Subway etc with an aim for a mid Feb opening. I'm guessing the RM employees will just transfer over to BK as I haven't seen any advertising for new staff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement