Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Anyone know if AIB is open late this evening?. As in just the lodement machine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Anyone know if AIB is open late this evening?. As in just the lodement machine.

the lodgement machines are open until 8pm as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Quaderno wrote: »

Wonderful generosity .
    Thoughts are with the family of the cyclist and the recipient of the donor heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Are there any buses going to dingle apart from the 11:30 one? even some kind of community bus ? Its very late if you don't drive and want to be three earlyish in the morning /: (bus eireann bus im talking about)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

seems like that lovely shop 'Rockalilly' on Castle Street has closed :( Windows are all covered up in newspaper today.

But there is a new clothing shop opening next to Game Stop in Russell Street! Seems to be a shop similar to Frontier was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Yes. On the other side of the lane way. I take it your familiar with the dog pound given your username. :)

She's spent a few nights in there alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    seems like that lovely shop 'Rockalilly' on Castle Street has closed :( Windows are all covered up in newspaper today.

But there is a new clothing shop opening next to Game Stop in Russell Street! Seems to be a shop similar to Frontier was.

The place next to Game Stop is Swerve. They've had a place in the Outlet Centre in Killarney for a good while and have relocated to Tralee. They have awesome clothes.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The place next to Game Stop is Swerve. They've had a place in the Outlet Centre in Killarney for a good while and have relocated to Tralee. They have awesome clothes.

They were stocking it today, and I liked what I could see from the window! They do mens & women's, so I am looking forward to a little look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I'm kinda not surprised tbh, there was never anyone in there. Went in once to browse, they seemed to only do clothes up to a 14. I asked would they order in a bigger size and I'd pay extra. They said they couldn't as the line didn't do larger sizes, which is fair enough until I went onto eBay and saw the same dress, by the same maker, in larger sizes for €20 less than she was charging(which included shipping).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

She's spent a few nights in there alright ;)

oh yes l remember meeting yourself there

• Advertisement

oh yes l remember meeting yourself there

Yeah, I have been known to take home a few dogs alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic to service a van? There's meant to be a fella down near the basin that's supposed to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Is there anything more embarrassing than having your picture displayed in Clearys window. Surely he is drugging his clients beforehand,he must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good mechanic to service a van? There's meant to be a fella down near the basin that's supposed to be good

I've used them a few times, Andrew is the main guy there. Good and reasonable. If there's a problem they'll tell you about it and if you want, you can source the part yourself.

shergar22 wrote: »
    I've used them a few times, Andrew is the main guy there. Good and reasonable. If there's a problem they'll tell you about it and if you want, you can source the part yourself.

thanks, would you have a number for him or whereabouts exactly is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

pookiesboo wrote: »
    thanks, would you have a number for him or whereabouts exactly is he?

This is looking right in their door :D

I'd second Shergar22. Andrew is very good to deal with and very reasonable pricewise.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    This is looking right in their door :D

I'd second Shergar22. Andrew is very good to deal with and very reasonable pricewise.

great stuff, i know it. Thanks 😊

It hasn't closed, she's relocating to the square/abbeycourt at the moment.

Umekichi wrote: »
    I'm kinda not surprised tbh, there was never anyone in there. Went in once to browse, they seemed to only do clothes up to a 14. I asked would they order in a bigger size and I'd pay extra. They said they couldn't as the line didn't do larger sizes, which is fair enough until I went onto eBay and saw the same dress, by the same maker, in larger sizes for €20 less than she was charging(which included shipping).

EBay is the great knock-off market, she may have been entirely truthful. Goochi dress was it or maybe Dulchie & banana? :)

It hasn't closed, she's relocating to the square/abbeycourt at the moment.

oh right, didn't realise that, there wasn't a sign up so assumed she was closed!

• Advertisement

oh right, didn't realise that, there wasn't a sign up so assumed she was closed!

Sign was up today :)

Sign was up today :)

ah right, I wasn't in town today! it was yesterday I noticed the paper covering the windows. where in the Square is she opening?

EBay is the great knock-off market, she may have been entirely truthful. Goochi dress was it or maybe Dulchie & banana? :)

Actually genuine Lindy Bop. This is their website: http://www.lindybop.co.uk/. Seller on eBay is hourglass_dresses and I contacted Lindy Bop about them after I ordered and they said they were a stockist(so not fake!). Also I don't buy knock offs and I like to support local business but when someone flat out lies to me, rather than just say "I don't wish to order that in" or something to that effect then they don't get my business.

Also I didn't appreciate the assumption that I buy knock off's, hell I don't even like Gucci or D&G. Nothing looks more tacky than a fake label.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Whatever happened to Tomthepost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Burger king and Subway signage up on the aul rocky mountain building!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Sully34 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Tomthepost?

Ah yes tomthepost the inaugural poster in the Tralee thread. He dosent seem to post any more. I think they just call him tom now.

Yes! I can't wait til they open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Roll yer tongue back into your mouth!

Umekichi wrote: »
    Actually genuine Lindy Bop. This is their website: http://www.lindybop.co.uk/. Seller on eBay is hourglass_dresses and I contacted Lindy Bop about them after I ordered and they said they were a stockist(so not fake!). Also I don't buy knock offs and I like to support local business but when someone flat out lies to me, rather than just say "I don't wish to order that in" or something to that effect then they don't get my business.

Also I didn't appreciate the assumption that I buy knock off's, hell I don't even like Gucci or D&G. Nothing looks more tacky than a fake label.

You do of course realise that not all lines are available to all stockists? Who knows, but it's s bit rich you getting offended by mention of knock off goods when you are calling a business owner a liar. I wonder if the owner is on boards & perhaps she could give her version of events. Just in the interests of fair play

• Advertisement

You do of course realise that not all lines are available to all stockists? Who knows, but it's s bit rich you getting offended by mention of knock off goods when you are calling a business owner a liar. I wonder if the owner is on boards & perhaps she could give her version of events. Just in the interests of fair play

Doubtful when the same dress is available from other sellers online(Amazon, ebay in the sizes I was looking for). I also doubt that lindy bop limit their lines but if you wish I will contact them and ask an post the screenshot up here. If this is the case then I will apologise and ask the mods to delete my post. However it would seem to me that if this dress is available as I stated earlier in this post then one would assume the person I dealt with was lying.

It wasn't just about one dress, Initially I asked about one dress then I asked about the dresses in general. I was told the line(as in Lindy Bop) did not do plus sizes!

Any connection to the shop Molester Stallone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement