Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Umekichi wrote: »
    Doubtful when the same dress is available from other sellers online(Amazon, ebay in the sizes I was looking for). I also doubt that lindy bop limit their lines but if you wish I will contact them and ask an post the screenshot up here. If this is the case then I will apologise and ask the mods to delete my post. However it would seem to me that if this dress is available as I stated earlier in this post then one would assume the person I dealt with was lying.

It wasn't just about one dress, Initially I asked about one dress then I asked about the dresses in general. I was told the line(as in Lindy Bop) did not do plus sizes!

Any connection to the shop Molester Stallone?

No connection to the shop watsoever, but I think I'd be more inclined to believe the owner as you seem to have a particular axe to grind.
    Anyway, I'm leaving this be as it's a bit circular
    enjoy your dress & may it bring you years of lindy bop happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

No connection to the shop watsoever, but I think I'd be more inclined to believe the owner as you seem to have a particular axe to grind.
    Anyway, I'm leaving this be as it's a bit circular
    enjoy your dress & may it bring you years of lindy bop happiness

Thank you, but I never had an axe to grind, just left an honest opinon:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Sully34 wrote: »
    Is there anything more embarrassing than having your picture displayed in Clearys window. Surely he is drugging his clients beforehand,he must be.

Whyever do you think it is embarrassing?:confused:

Suggesting that Mr. Cleary is drugging his clients is a serious allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

It will be interesting to see what TCC do with that site, please let me those looking for it to be turned into a carpark are jesting.

Sound gesture by Kerry Group tonight. Handing over the site of the old Denny's Factory (circa 4 acres) to the Tralee Town Council for the people of Tralee.

kingdumb wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what TCC do with that site, please let me those looking for it to be turned into a carpark are jesting.

What do you think it should be used for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Seeing as you ask, I think a memorial park to the millions of innocent pigs which were slaughtered on this site would be a nice gesture, their final squeals still haunt me.
    An interpretive centre could be developed which would be the first of it's kind [in Ireland anyway] and which would bring tourists from all over the world. The river could also be uncovered and a central lake formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You should know better than trying to draw this out Del.
    Obviously he doesn't. Maybe he will read this and comment.
    It wouldn't be the first time a local buisiness owner has been in contact with me regarding postings in this forum, it happened recently as a few weeks ago where someone was quite put out by postings on here regarding his buisiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

I would go with a brothel, it might help people like yourself to stop pestering the ladies on here

Get over yourself Walter, it was a joke untill you made a big thing of it. I actually know Cleary very well and unlike some folks on here he actually has a sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Well I for one wouldnt allow my photo to be put up there for all the tea in China, and thats for a normal photo.
    Some of the photos you see up there are beyond cheesy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

I'm sure he asks first. Does he?

Burger King will be great for the Town plus it will help the fat kids get more exercise considering they will actually have to walk beyond McDonalds

I'm sure he asks first. Does he?

Yes he asks them "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sully34 wrote: »
    Burger King will be great for the Town plus it will help the fat kids get more exercise considering they will actually have to walk beyond McDonalds

Walk?? Their fat parents will be chauffering them over to the drive thru in their SUVs to order Whoppers after they've stuffed themselves with Big Macs over the road! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I see they let Gandalf out of the Shire again

Quite clever these nerds!!!!

xxyyzz wrote: »

And wait for the 'Thanks' from Delthedreamer

;)

Certainly released from some place.............

You spelled Gollum incorrectly there I'd say

You should know better than trying to draw this out Del.
    Obviously he doesn't. Maybe he will read this and comment.
    It wouldn't be the first time a local buisiness owner has been in contact with me regarding postings in this forum, it happened recently as a few weeks ago where someone was quite put out by postings on here regarding his buisiness.

Correct, nonetheless in the eyes of the Court the allegation posted could be considered libel . It is certainly not humour , it detracts from the business mentioned.

Of course suing a man of straw is a waste of time................;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

so the Rose of Tralee have announced that 'Union J' are playing during the festival! I know they were in the XFactor a couple of years ago, but I haven't a clue if they have even released a single yet! Can't imagine they would have a big following or be a big draw to the town? I suppose they are aiming for the 'kids' again, but Could they not do a bit better than that!?

Hopefully they will have a few more acts to announce soon!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    so the Rose of Tralee have announced that 'Union J' are playing during the festival! I know they were in the XFactor a couple of years ago, but I haven't a clue if they have even released a single yet! Can't imagine they would have a big following or be a big draw to the town? I suppose they are aiming for the 'kids' again, but Could they not do a bit better than that!?

Hopefully they will have a few more acts to announce soon!

Guess they will announce more acts soon. Last year was a fantastic Festival.
    Amazing how quickly time moves on. Plans already in place for 2014!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Was just watching 'Dead Money' on RTE 1 - programme on tracking down heirs to estates that left no will. In tonight's episode Tralee and Ballymullen Barracks featured prominently. They were tracking down any beneficiaries to the estate for an elderly lady that died in London. Anyway they tracked it back to a Joanne Gilmore from Tralee who married a British Army soldier of just the rank of private based at Ballymullen Barracks in the 1860's. The first couple of children were born in Tralee and the next few were born in Dehli in fact the first one born in Dehli was only a couple of months after arriving in India! Says it all really. It was the 6th Regiment of Foot who obviously got orders to transfer from Tralee to Dehli of all places - not exactly a couple of plane rides in the 1860's. Interesting. Catch it up on the RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Well I for one wouldnt allow my photo to be put up there for all the tea in China, and thats for a normal photo.
    Some of the photos you see up there are beyond cheesy.

If you've ever been to Clearys you'd know that the shots are only as cheesy as you make them.

It's up to the individual to decide what kind of photos they want to suit there own taste.

As a family we've been to Clearys on a number of occasions. Our children have also appeared on his window previously to which I'm very proud of.

There's No better way of capturing your family's growth and memories than with a family portrait!!

This new guy sully seems a little disgruntled.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Clab mor wrote: »
    If you've ever been to Clearys you'd know that the shots are only as cheesy as you make them.

It's up to the individual to decide what kind of photos they want to suit there own taste.

As a family we've been to Clearys on a number of occasions. Our children have also appeared on his window previously to which I'm very proud of.

There's No better way of capturing your family's growth and memories than with a family portrait!!

He's not new, he pops in every few months for a bit of Craic.

On a seperat note, does anyone know if the local bail hearings were on in Tralee this week?

He's not new, he pops in every few months for a bit of Craic.

On a seperat note, does anyone know if the local bail hearings were on in Tralee this week?

Must have been

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Anyone know where I can get some Raw Honey in Tralee?

Clab mor wrote: »

Well said. Some time ago I engaged the services of Cleary Photography for a Business related Photo shoot. I found them to be extremely professional and reliable with quality of work second to none.:)

Must have been

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Well said. Some time ago I engaged the services of Cleary Photography for a Business related Photo shoot. I found them to be extremely professional and reliable with quality of work second to none.:)

You selling the yacht? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement