Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

He's not new, he pops in every few months for a bit of Craic.

On a seperat note, does anyone know if the local bail hearings were on in Tralee this week?

Yes he usually pops in for a short stint , when free.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Clab mor wrote: »
    If you've ever been to Clearys you'd know that the shots are only as cheesy as you make them.

It's up to the individual to decide what kind of photos they want to suit there own taste.

As a family we've been to Clearys on a number of occasions. Our children have also appeared on his window previously to which I'm very proud of.

There's No better way of capturing your family's growth and memories than with a family portrait!!

This new guy sully seems a little disgruntled.........
    Cleary's is a fine family business and of course family portraits are lovely to have, but that doesnt take away from the fact that some of the pics you see on the window can be very cringy.
    I am the type that doesnt like my pic appearing in the paper etc anyway, so horses for courses and all that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Cleary's is a fine family business and of course family portraits are lovely to have, but that doesnt take away from the fact that some of the pics you see on the window can be very cringy.
    I am the type that doesnt like my pic appearing in the paper etc anyway, so horses for courses and all that..

Is that Clearys wife working with him in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Was in town today and myself and the missus decided to go into Costa to relax for a while. Ordered 1 medium Cappuccino, 1 medium Latte, and 2 slices of cake. €16.45. Now i understand why there were only four more customers there at the time. The place wont last long with those prices. Needless to say, we wont be back!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is that Clearys wife working with him in the shop?

Not sure if they are married, but they are together & have a child. She is one of the Lynch's from Connolly Park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

kingdomlad wrote: »
    Was in town today and myself and the missus decided to go into Costa to relax for a while. Ordered 1 medium Cappuccino, 1 medium Latte, and 2 slices of cake. €16.45. Now i understand why there were only four more customers there at the time. The place wont last long with those prices. Needless to say, we wont be back!!!

crazy price altogether...

Can l ask has anyone here dealt with the kspca in town? l got in contact re: a cruelty case, and they weren't the most pleasent, like l didnt get a great impression...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

crazy price altogether...

Can l ask has anyone here dealt with the kspca in town? l got in contact re: a cruelty case, and they weren't the most pleasent, like l didnt get a great impression...

I contacted them during the summer and got the same feeling, like it was too much trouble for them! I also emailed them and got no response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I contacted them during the summer and got the same feeling, like it was too much trouble for them! I also emailed them and got no response!

Im disappointed with them, l remember thinking they were fantanistic when they were on a programme on RTE....l told them about the suitation, that happened on a certain day, and they told me it did not happen. Saw with my own 2 eyes fs, havent got a good feeling their gonna follow up on my complaint but lm gonna keep an eye out

kingdomlad wrote: »

That is a pity. They obviously need to relook at their prices. Dublin prices in downtown Tralee don't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Word of warning if anybody is going through the Town this evening stay away from the Castle St/ Boherbee area. It aint flooded or anything,its just a ****hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

That is a pity. They obviously need to relook at their prices. Dublin prices in downtown Tralee don't make sense.

As it's a chain, they have the same prices everywhere. I tried them when they opened in Limerick. It cost us nearly 20 euro for 2 mocha's and some shortcake pieces. Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

I happened to be in town every day last week and dropped in to Costa at lunch time for a coffee on 3 of those days.

Few reasons for that, only wanted a big cup of coffee and not lunch type food, secondly was on my own and could be sure of seat unlike the busier places and thirdly while the large cappucino is 3.70 it is very large.

The first day I was in there at 1.20 and similar time the other days, there was 5 other people there, second day there was a massive 100% increase, there was 10 and the 3rd day we were back down to 6.

It is very expensive, I was only looking at the cakes but nearly a fiver for bog standard bought in cake slices, nope, not paying it. I figured it cannot be long for this world, lovely spot for a quiet read though.

Umekichi wrote: »
    As it's a chain, they have the same prices everywhere. I tried them when they opened in Limerick. It cost us nearly 20 euro for 2 mocha's and some shortcake pieces. Not worth it.

Interesting! Therefore Tralee customers are subsidising Dublin , Cork, Limerick customers??

People have been banging on about the prices in Costa since they opened but still go in,get fleeced and come back on here crying over it. "You will never guess what happened to me today, i went into Costa and was robbed"

phormium wrote: »
    I happened to be in town every day last week and dropped in to Costa at lunch time for a coffee on 3 of those days.

Few reasons for that, only wanted a big cup of coffee and not lunch type food, secondly was on my own and could be sure of seat unlike the busier places and thirdly while the large cappucino is 3.70 it is very large.

The first day I was in there at 1.20 and similar time the other days, there was 5 other people there, second day there was a massive 100% increase, there was 10 and the 3rd day we were back down to 6.

It is very expensive, I was only looking at the cakes but nearly a fiver for bog standard bought in cake slices, nope, not paying it. I figured it cannot be long for this world, lovely spot for a quiet read though.

It makes no sense! The rent was circa €60k!:confused:

where in town can you rent a small chainsaw for a day or so?

We have a couple of small trees that we need to get rid of & we could do it ourselves, but we don't have the equipment!

Interesting! Therefore Tralee customers are subsidising Dublin , Cork, Limerick customers??

I wouldn't say subsidising, however if the costs here are cheaper than Cork, Limerick or Dublin then with the price being the same here, then with every coffee sold more profit is made.*

*This is complete and total Conjecture, YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

I went in knowing the large coffee was 3.70, I actually consider it quite good value due to the size of it but it seems to be the only thing of value but clearly locals are not going in there in any numbers.

There are the same prices everywhere, dropped into a Limerick one some time back and noticed a rice crispie bun (yes like you had as a kid) was 2.50 but they don't seem to have them in Tralee at all, maybe they were not a big seller!

I went in knowing the large coffee was 3.70, I actually consider it quite good value due to the size of it but it seems to be the only thing of value but clearly locals are not going in there in any numbers.

There are the same prices everywhere, dropped into a Limerick one some time back and noticed a rice crispie bun (yes like you had as a kid) was 2.50 but they don't seem to have them in Tralee at all, maybe they were not a big seller!

my husband loves the large coffee, as you can't get a large takeaway coffee anywhere else. Its nice too, but I do agree the cakes etc are a bit pricey! It has got very quiet in there since Christmas.

The choice of the menu can vary with each outlet. A few factors can effect the menu selection. The most common factor is Local popularity.

• Advertisement

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn

my husband loves the large coffee, as you can't get a large takeaway coffee anywhere else. Its nice too, but I do agree the cakes etc are a bit pricey! It has got very quiet in there since Christmas.

€3.70 for takeaway coffee?? Wealthy man!

Sorry not a big fan of the chain coffee shops. Much prefer the owner run shops which have more personality about them, the chain shops to me lack soul.

€3.70 for takeaway coffee?? Wealthy man!

Sorry not a big fan of the chain coffee shops. Much prefer the owner run shops which have more personality about them, the chain shops to me lack soul.

that's for a large takeaway cup, they are huge, not the standard takeaway size!

that's for a large takeaway cup, they are huge, not the standard takeaway size!

A bucket of coffee? :)

I drove up Castle Street with Mrs Del on Thursday. We noticed the Fish and Chip shop has reopened again Sopranos?

This morning I had breakfast in O' Donnell's of Mounthawk. Very good it was too.

Well done Ross & crew.

Comfort food during this spell of miserable weather

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

We have a couple of small trees that we need to get rid of & we could do it ourselves, but we don't have the equipment!

Think you cannot hire chainsaws -health and safety rules put paid to that. You cannot even hire a ladder now-had to buy my own recently

This morning I had breakfast in O' Donnell's of Mounthawk. Very good it was too.

Well done Ross & crew.

Comfort food during this spell of miserable weather

Ching ching

There is a tool hire business on John Joe Sheehy Road, near Fitzgibbon Fireplaces. Unless you are experienced using a chainsaw , it may be cheaper to pay for someone to call over. Chainsaws can be a fairly dangerous piece of machinery.

• Advertisement

I drove up Castle Street with Mrs Del on Thursday. We noticed the Fish and Chip shop has reopened again Sopranos?

yeah, they re-opened just before Christmas. They have done a bit of work in there with the seating and made it look more like a diner. Seems to have got a bit busier in there again.

I see the Whitehouse bar has closed once again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement