Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Think you cannot hire chainsaws -health and safety rules put paid to that. You cannot even hire a ladder now-had to buy my own recently

Interesting, never heard about that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Think you cannot hire chainsaws -health and safety rules put paid to that. You cannot even hire a ladder now-had to buy my own recently

ah I see! thanks for the info! I did get a quote from someone, but it was a bit pricey. I have another couple of guys to ring and get a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Think you cannot hire chainsaws -health and safety

Yes this is true but I know of some tool hire places (not in kerry!) that will sell a second hand chainsaw to you and buy it back when you are finished with it!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    yeah, they re-opened just before Christmas. They have done a bit of work in there with the seating and made it look more like a diner. Seems to have got a bit busier in there again.

I see the Whitehouse bar has closed once again!

Yes the chip shop certainly appeared quite busy.

That is a pity about The Whitehouse.

I heard Roundys are reopen inn this month

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yes the chip shop certainly appeared quite busy.

That is a pity about The Whitehouse.

I heard Roundys are reopen inn this month

yes, Roundy's reopened last night. The Fitzgibbon brothers are back running it. They are doing some craft beers too, which is great to see!

• Advertisement

Yummys Cafe across the street from Bmobile are looking for a chef.

Yesterday Tralee Chamber Alliance we're erecting new banners on the lamp posts in the Mall

yes, Roundy's reopened last night. The Fitzgibbon brothers are back running it. They are doing some craft beers too, which is great to see!

Interesting. Good businessmen. Hope they do well. Craft beers are becoming quite popular. I think one of the brothers was involved in radio production in Dublin. Newstalk.? Today FM ?

Interesting. Good businessmen. Hope they do well. Craft beers are becoming quite popular. I think one of the brothers was involved in radio production in Dublin. Newstalk.? Today FM ?

Francis works for Newstalk, I think he is a producer. I don't think he's quit the job there though.

Francis works for Newstalk, I think he is a producer. I don't think he's quit the job there though.

Yes, Francis. I guess he can fit in Roundy's around the day job. Hope they do well.

You selling the yacht? :D

Not yet, considering buying an Ark!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

where in town can you rent a small chainsaw for a day or so?

We have a couple of small trees that we need to get rid of & we could do it ourselves, but we don't have the equipment!

Why don't you buy yourself a bushman saw for the job. You say the trees are small and the exercise will do you good:)

tfer wrote: »
    Why don't you buy yourself a bushman saw for the job. You say the trees are small and the exercise will do you good:)

My husband will be doing the job, but yes he was thinking of getting a saw too. I don't know if it will be as easy as it looks though, so might be better getting in a professional!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Anyone know what closed down Castle St yesterday afternoon? Was their a traffic accident?

kn wrote: »
    Anyone know what closed down Castle St yesterday afternoon? Was their a traffic accident?

I was going down to the bank & there was a car just stopped outside Utensils, no hazards on, and I couldn't tell if there had been an accident. The guy who owned the car was talking to someone in Courthouse lane. I was coming back up the road 10 mins later & it was still in the same spot, still no hazards on & the guy still standing at side of the road. I ended up ringing the station to tell them & they asked me to give them the reg of the car. They said they thought there was some sort of accident but they weren't sure, so they were going to send someone down!

I couldn't believe the car was just sitting there & no one seemed to be doing anything. He might have broken down, but he could at least have put his hazards on! I don't know how long it was before they were moved, it was lashing down at that stage so I legged it back to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

I was going down to the bank & there was a car just stopped outside Utensils, no hazards on, and I couldn't tell if there had been an accident. The guy who owned the car was talking to someone in Courthouse lane. I was coming back up the road 10 mins later & it was still in the same spot, still no hazards on & the guy still standing at side of the road. I ended up ringing the station to tell them & they asked me to give them the reg of the car. They said they thought there was some sort of accident but they weren't sure, so they were going to send someone down!

I couldn't believe the car was just sitting there & no one seemed to be doing anything. He might have broken down, but he could at least have put his hazards on! I don't know how long it was before they were moved, it was lashing down at that stage so I legged it back to work!

Traffic accident between a foreign national and a member of the traveller community. Caused total chaos !!!! From what I could tell passing the foreign national wasn't budging until the guards arrived looked as though he had right of way on the main st. The travellers car was exiting court house lane!!!

The weather was also horrific so I'd say that delayed any guard walking to the accident!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Anyone got any recommendations for a restaurant that will be suitable for kids, a couple of teenagers, adults and elderly? We're all meeting up next in Tralee and need to find a good restaurant!

Clab mor wrote: »
    Traffic accident between a foreign national and a member of the traveller community. Caused total chaos !!!! From what I could tell passing the foreign national wasn't budging until the guards arrived looked as though he had right of way on the main st. The travellers car was exiting court house lane!!!

The weather was also horrific so I'd say that delayed any guard walking to the accident!! ;)

I did notice another car stopped coming out of Courthouse lane onto Castle St, but I couldn't tell what had happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Clab mor wrote: »

The irresistible force meeting the immovable object

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

LoganRice wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for a restaurant that will be suitable for kids, a couple of teenagers, adults and elderly? We're all meeting up next in Tralee and need to find a good restaurant!

The grand hotel is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Sully34 wrote: »
    Get over yourself Walter, it was a joke untill you made a big thing of it. I actually know Cleary very well and unlike some folks on here he actually has a sense of humour

Greetings Mr Sully!! Where have you been?? Great to see you back - jesus, thanks for livening things up!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

LoganRice wrote: »

Ballygarry Hotel is just outside Tralee town, (coming from the Killarney/Castleisland side). The food is always great there. Its child friendly (& its in off the road) & has a lovely area near the reception where you can relax after your meal. From past experience all age groups like it. You can check out their menus online & they cater for all diet requirements. (btw I have no connection with this place, I'm just recommending them going on past experiences). Hope you enjoy whichever restaurant you pick & your trip to Tralee.

http://www.ballygarryhouse.com/brooks.html

2013LEO wrote: »
    Ballygarry Hotel is just outside Tralee town, (coming from the Killarney/Castleisland side)
    Since the bypass was completed its not as easy to access from the Cork/Killarney side. It is however easy from the Limerick/Castleisland side and now from the Listowel side as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its a lot easier to access Ballygarry house from the Limerick/Castleisland/Listowel side alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Seems a few posts from yesterday have disappeared into the ether ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Well it looks like all you Burger King lovers will be able to munch on Whoppers from Valentines Day (next Friday)!! Interestingly, they kept 22 Rocky Mountain staff and hired 6 new staff. Is it me though, or does the name Tralee Food Court just sound boring? They could have called it something more original. (maybe Mountain View or Lee Valley Food Court).

http://applegreen.ie/images/Release-Applegreen-Tralee-food-court.pdf

ongarboy wrote: »
    Well it looks like all you Burger King lovers will be able to munch on Whoppers from Valentines Day (next Friday)!! Interestingly, they kept 22 Rocky Mountain staff and hired 6 new staff. Is it me though, or does the name Tralee Food Court just sound boring? They could have called it something more original. (maybe Mountain View or Lee Valley Food Court).

http://applegreen.ie/images/Release-Applegreen-Tralee-food-court.pdf

how are Johnstons Mooney & O'Brien a local supplier??

Is the drive thru still going to be there for Burger King?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

how are Johnstons Mooney & O'Brien a local supplier??

Is the drive thru still going to be there for Burger King?

That crossed my mind too! :) I would imagine they'd keep the drive thru alright!

Johnston Mooney & O'Brien Bakery

Address: 11 Jamestown Road
    Finglas
    Dublin
    County Dublin
    Dublin 11

Landline: 01 844 3700
    Fax: 01 844 3704

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Johnston Mooney & O'Brien Bakery

Address: 11 Jamestown Road
    Finglas
    Dublin
    County Dublin
    Dublin 11

Landline: 01 844 3700
    Fax: 01 844 3704

They might have someone like Barry's baking for them as well, and just using there wrappers. Makes more sense than delivering from Dublin every night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Cood

Yummys Cafe across the street from Bmobile are looking for a chef.

Thanks Del, will post this up on Jobs forum for the boss ;) Yummy off the Square looking to do evenings at the weekends - Would be interested in finding out what ye think is missing from the Restaurant scene in Tralee? What sort if food / dining experience etc ye would like to see??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement