Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Cantillon Forum is on in Tralee today and tomorrow, there are a few signs around the town for it, that's what the featured bit on TV was about, some local business people involved, saw Nathan McDonnell from Ballyseedy Garden Centre all dolled up today obviously coming from or going to it. Edmund Harty is speaking too I think. Was offered a ticket but unable to go.

http://www.richardcantillon.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

phormium wrote: »
    Cantillon Forum us on in Tralee today and tomorrow, there are a few signs around the town for it, that's what the featured bit on TV was about, some local business people involved, saw Nathan McDonnell from Ballyseedy Garden Centre all dolled up today obviously coming from or going to it. Edmund Harty is speaking too I think. Was offered a ticket but unable to go.

http://www.richardcantillon.com/

Thank you. Sounds very interesting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

just wondering, if you get a parking ticket but the date is completely wrong on it, can it be appealed? I got one yesterday, but it was dated 4th April & not the 11th! will I have any joy getting it quashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    just wondering, if you get a parking ticket but the date is completely wrong on it, can it be appealed? I got one yesterday, but it was dated 4th April & not the 11th! will I have any joy getting it quashed?

A technicality, but I believe you indeed have a chance

Yes I believe it can be quashed. Call into the Parking Fines office at the earliest opportunity. The people there are very friendly and helpful. I know from experience!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yip. Just appeal it to the Town Clerk and they will have to automatically quash it as it is materially incorrect. IIRC traffic wardens take photos of the cars they ticket so the photo will have an April 11th electronic stamp on it but the ticket dates it the 4th then they have no option but to quash it as they would be laughed out of Court if they tried to pursue you on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

It depends on who you are

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It depends on who you are

why would it depend on who you are?

kn wrote: »
    Yip. Just appeal it to the Town Clerk and they will have to automatically quash it as it is materially incorrect. IIRC traffic wardens take photos of the cars they ticket so the photo will have an April 11th electronic stamp on it but the ticket dates it the 4th then they have no option but to quash it as they would be laughed out of Court if they tried to pursue you on it.

would it be better to send in a letter with the ticket attached or call in with it personally?

would it be better to send in a letter with the ticket attached or call in with it personally?

Call in, it can be sorted straight away.:)

• Advertisement

Letter I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Letter I reckon.

Wouldnt it be sorted quicker if she did it face to face though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

why would it depend on who you are?

Ask Ronan O'Gara or Ming Flanagan! ;)

Letter I reckon.

I just sent in a letter, I didn't really want to have to get into a discussion about it with them and end up getting nowhere! Its better to have these things in writing anyway, have a paper trail and I took a photocopy of the ticket.

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be sorted quicker if she did it face to face though?

No. If you looking to appeal a fine notice which could conceivably lead to a Court appearance then getting it down in writing is the correct thing to do. First off the appeal has to be addressed to the Town Clerk, not some teenager on work experience from College. Secondly you have to be clear about the grounds of the appeal. In this case Ciarrai's grounds of appeal are that by dating the notice on the 4th the Council have unlawfully denied her the statutory time period allowed by bye-law in order to either pay the fine notice or lodge an appeal, by denying her 7 days of that time period.

She needs to also point out that the electronic stamp on the photo that would have been taken of her car would in fact show that it was April 11th.

No. If you looking to appeal a fine notice which could conceivably lead to a Court appearance then getting it down in writing is the correct thing to do. First off the appeal has to be addressed to the Town Clerk, not some teenager on work experience from College. Secondly you have to be clear about the grounds of the appeal. In this case Ciarrai's grounds of appeal are that by dating the notice on the 4th the Council have unlawfully denied her the statutory time period allowed by bye-law in order to either pay the fine notice or lodge an appeal, by denying her 7 days of that time period.

She needs to also point out that the electronic stamp on the photo that would have been taken of her car would in fact show that it was April 11th.

Good to know. Once they dont claim they never received the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

Hi all, just moved to spa road area and my pure white cat (who's deaf) has gone missing since yesterday. She has a dark pink collar on and is very friendly. If anyone spots her, PLEASE let me know. She's never gone far as we don't let her out too often so, while its normal for most cats to wander off, this is very out of character for her. I wouldn't be too worried if she wasn't deaf so, again, if anyone see's or hear's anything, please let me know....

encore1 wrote: »
    Hi all, just moved to spa road area and my pure white cat (who's deaf) has gone missing since yesterday. She has a dark pink collar on and is very friendly. If anyone spots her, PLEASE let me know. She's never gone far as we don't let her out too often so, while its normal for most cats to wander off, this is very out of character for her. I wouldn't be too worried if she wasn't deaf so, again, if anyone see's or hear's anything, please let me know....

I know people up there so will tell them to keep an eye out. Our female cat went wandering about a year ago and it would have been unlike her to do it. We had given up hope but she came back after 11 days hungry and feeling sorry for herself! More often than not they come back, if shes new to the area she might just be a bit confused. Make sure you knock on neighbours doors and tell them to keep an eye out, I had all our neighbours watching for her and yours would be happy to help. Im sure she'll be fine, just probably exploring her new surroundings! :)

Totally agree. However on the occasion I had a problem with a Parking Ticket, I simply called into the Parking Fines Office, spoke with one of the ladies, explained the issue and the matter was dealt with straight away.
    Guess it helps being such a good looking guy!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

pookiesboo wrote: »
    I know people up there so will tell them to keep an eye out. Our female cat went wandering about a year ago and it would have been unlike her to do it. We had given up hope but she came back after 11 days hungry and feeling sorry for herself! More often than not they come back, if shes new to the area she might just be a bit confused. Make sure you knock on neighbours doors and tell them to keep an eye out, I had all our neighbours watching for her and yours would be happy to help. Im sure she'll be fine, just probably exploring her new surroundings! :)

I found her....I stuck it up on facebook last night on animal help net's page and a girl spotted her in Ballymacelligot of all places....went over there today and found her fast asleep under a bush... How she got there I'll never know but thanks again for your concern!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Went to MJ's diner and was impressed with the range and quality of the food on offer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Went to MJ's diner and was impressed with the range and quality of the food on offer!

Nice service aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It is a great place to go, we often get a take away from there, nice sized portions, no need to get 2nd's!

I headed to Quinlans on Thursday, the chips were lovely and the fish was ok - once is enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I bought some of the seafood chowder from Quinlan's to cook at home recently. Very nice stuff. And I'm not a big seafood person.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

bobdcow wrote: »
    It is a great place to go, we often get a take away from there, nice sized portions, no need to get 2nd's!

I headed to Quinlans on Thursday, the chips were lovely and the fish was ok - once is enough though.

I felt the same about quinlans, must try mj's soon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I also like Hillbillies in the square but it is very difficult to get to.

What kind of fare will be offered in RockyMountain's out in Manor West?

I agree the fish in quinlans has been very very greasy the last few times I visited. Is it because they are rushing? I was great the first few times.

encore1 wrote: »
    I found her....I stuck it up on facebook last night on animal help net's page and a girl spotted her in Ballymacelligot of all places....went over there today and found her fast asleep under a bush... How she got there I'll never know but thanks again for your concern!!

Im delighted for you, thats brilliant!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

What kind of fare will be offered in RockyMountain's out in Manor West?

I agree the fish in quinlans has been very very greasy the last few times I visited. Is it because they are rushing? I was great the first few times.

I love mjs too their burgers and portions are tremendous and not too pricey when you consider Eddie rockets menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

MJs is the only place to go for a good feed in town. Big portions and great service! Was in there this eve!
    The Burger Shack has lost it's crown a long time ago. I used to love the Shack but its just not cutting it anymore.

• Advertisement

Hillbilly's have a Tuesday special where you get a buy 1 get 1 free on a box of chicken and chips for €5.45. Whereas that's grand for 2 of them I would feel robbed if I was paying that for just one box. There is a only small piece of breast and a wing in a box, but the chips are nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement