Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Its going to be very difficult to get children home from school, take care lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Castle st from the church to Denny st has been cordoned off, gardai not leaving cars or pedestrians go thru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

pookiesboo wrote: »
    I can't remember it being this bad in a long time. Came home to find our side gate blown down, our mop and bucket blew across a busy street and i had to get them while cars were driving past.....which wasn't at all embarrassing

Why was your mop and bucket outside??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Castle st from the church to Denny st has been cordoned off, gardai not leaving cars or pedestrians go thru

Anyone know if AIB is open? I still have to go to bank & not sure if I'll be able to get down!

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Anyone know if AIB is open? I still have to go to bank & not sure if I'll be able to get down!

You won't be left walk down, the doors were closed of most shops, maybe give it another 30 mins or so

If I was you I'd leave it off until tomorrow!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

unkymo wrote: »
    If I was you I'd leave it off until tomorrow!

Wish I could! Bills to pay so no choice!

You won't be left walk down, the doors were closed of most shops, maybe give it another 30 mins or so

At least bank doesn't close until 4pm so I still have time! I'll have to chance it, have bills to pay & need to lodge money today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Gone down an awful lot now but I'd imagine there is still a risk from lose slates etc.

• Advertisement

Wish I could! Bills to pay so no choice!

Could you not deposit it via the Post Office as an alternative if AIB is out of bounds. An Post take AIB deposits AFAIK.

kn wrote: »
    Could you not deposit it via the Post Office as an alternative if AIB is out of bounds. An Post take AIB deposits AFAIK.

It's a Business account so I doubt it! :(

Anyone know if the brandon gym is open or is it all shut?? id imagine they wont leave people park out the back.

Anyone know if the brandon gym is open or is it all shut?? id imagine they wont leave people park out the back.

Not a hope! Another update from Kerry's Eye Facebook page;

Kerry's Eye

Kerry Fire Service advising people to stay from Tralee Town Centre, particularly Princes Quay area, due to falling tiles. Avoid.

I'd say it will be shut for rest of day! My sister said more bad wind due again around 7pm!
    Just saw on radio Kerry Facebook page trees down on Ardfert-Tralee road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Holy Sh!t. We were certainly in the eye of that one.

Cars at the back end of Brandon car park hit by Brandon roof.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151854314875806&set=vb.181964130805&type=2&theater

Well it looks like the worst of it is over, thankfully! It seems to have calmed down a lot in the last half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Power back up but workshop totally flooded. Just heard there is a truck overturned on the Abbeydorney/Lixnaw road. Surfs up dudes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Why was your mop and bucket outside??

To keep the sweeping brush and hoover company

• Advertisement

Ba dum dish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

In fairness to the Council or wherever the guys in the high vis jackets with the chainsaw are from, the are prompt. Tree which was down and hanging over the wall of a neighbours house has been chopped up and taken away already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just want to say stay safe everyone in Tralee and Kerry. I'm in Dublin but just reading the pages and pages of info on Radio Kerry website of damage/fallen trees/slates/roofs/walls etc as well as outages being listed in all parts of Kerry is really scary stuff - It's almost armageddon like. I've ordered my parents in Tralee not to venture out until this passes.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/1pm-storm-damage-report/

The worst of it is over here now, they'll be fine.

Take care of yourself, Dublin is going to get hit soon.

there is a huge tree down on top of the roof of O'Donnells in Mounthawk!!

1601593_10151854194445806_750486181_n.jpg

I hope Delboy wasnt in there for his weekly freebie. Lets just hope he decided to take the Yacht out instead this morning

there is a huge tree down on top of the roof of O'Donnells in Mounthawk!!

1601593_10151854194445806_750486181_n.jpg

I hope Delboy wasnt in there for his weekly freebie. Lets just hope he decided to take the Yacht out instead this morning

I made it to AIB! Everywhere from st Johns to AIB in castle street was closed, AIB onwards into the mall open! Bit of rubble on castle street which looks to have come from a chimney near bank of Ireland.

Got home to no damage, although a house just inside estate has a wall collapsed & spotted guys at another house taking broken slates off roof! Power was gone for a bit but back now.

Is it meant to get bad again tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I made it to AIB! Everywhere from st Johns to AIB in castle street was closed, AIB onwards into the mall open! Bit of rubble on castle street which looks to have come from a chimney near bank of Ireland.

Got home to no damage, although a house just inside estate has a wall collapsed & spotted guys at another house taking broken slates off roof! Power was gone for a bit but back now.

Is it meant to get bad again tonight??

Apparently my MIL says there will be snow.
    Still can't get into contact with our estate agents about our oil tank.
    Thankfully our MIL is letting us stay with her, till we can get it fixed.
    The house stinks of Kerosene :(

Umekichi wrote: »
    Apparently my MIL says there will be snow.
    Still can't get into contact with our estate agents about our oil tank.
    Thankfully our MIL is letting us stay with her, till we can get it fixed.
    The house stinks of Kerosene :(

which estate agent is it?

The Today show on RTE just showed the photo of O'Donnell's with the fallen tree!

• Advertisement

Yeah I have noooo come back to that, You win this round blackheart....till next time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement