Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    which estate agent is it?

The Today show on RTE just showed the photo of O'Donnell's with the fallen tree!

Pro-plan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Umekichi wrote: »
    Pro-plan

strange that you couldn't get through! Maybe they had so many calls they were just inundated? they are probably closed now, which is no consolation to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Pro-plan

Did ye isolate the tank? as in lock it off at the valve. If ye lose alot (alot, as in a full tank we'll say) of kersone it can become a matter for the EPA. That stuff will make **** of everything it touches. More so if it can contaminate water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭acequion

No power cuts up my way [Caherslee/Mounthawk]. Are there parts of Tralee without power?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

acequion wrote: »
    No power cuts up my way [Caherslee/Mounthawk]. Are there parts of Tralee without power?

the power was off in many areas from about 4pm & came back on about an hour ago now I'd say. I'm in Oakpark & it was off, and my husband said it went off again in town at same time. Seems to be fine again now.

God help the rest of country with it moving away from us! Its insane how many storms we have had now since Christmas! I hope it doesn't get bad again tonight :(

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the power was off in many areas from about 4pm & came back on about an hour ago now I'd say. I'm in Oakpark & it was off, and my husband said it went off again in town at same time. Seems to be fine again now.

God help the rest of country with it moving away from us! Its insane how many storms we have had now since Christmas! I hope it doesn't get bad again tonight :(

Caheranne/Ballyvelly power still on too, thank foook.

Did ye isolate the tank? as in lock it off at the valve. If ye lose alot (alot, as in a full tank we'll say) of kersone it can become a matter for the EPA. That stuff will make **** of everything it touches. More so if it can contaminate water.

Not much was lost but have just done that(if I had known to do it, I would have done it sooner). Luckily the tank wasn't too full. Our drainpipe has partially gone too :(

Not much was lost but have just done that(if I had known to do it, I would have done it sooner). Luckily the tank wasn't too full. Our drainpipe has partially gone too :(

Yera not to worry, I think it has to be a lot before it becomes enviromental but still. Even if a drop did not spill your just better off isolating it in case it does. Recommend to your estate agent about installing straps to tie it down.

Yera not to worry, I think it has to be a lot before it becomes enviromental but still. Even if a drop did not spill your just better off isolating it in case it does. Recommend to your estate agent about installing straps to tie it down.

Sweet will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

power off in oakpark for a couple of hours its back now. thank god! Don't ever leave me again internet!!!!

• Advertisement

sheesh wrote: »
    power off in oakpark for a couple of hours its back now. thank god! Don't ever leave me again internet!!!!

I got home to have my dinner before going back to work & we had no power! I was panicing, but it came back on about 5 mins after I got home :) phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Complete blackout in Killorglin, was eerie going through the town.

Farmers bridge still out too, anyone got a number of a good roofer or handyman that replaces roof tiles, thankfully not for me but for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

saw this on Facebook showing damage at O'Donnells, Mounthawk. Scary stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Are the schools in Tralee open tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 murphy05

Stay at home and enjoy the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

murdig wrote: »
    Are the schools in Tralee open tomorrow?
    Id imagine they are. Power is back in most areas around town

Whats the weather meant to be like for Tralee tomorrow and Friday? :)

murdig wrote: »
    Whats the weather meant to be like for Tralee tomorrow and Friday? :)

I heard that its to be bad again on Friday! :(

Thanks Ciarrai76 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Storm has broken, winds have abated.
    I wonder what it's cost the homeowners & businesses in Tralee & the county though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

siblers wrote: »
    Complete blackout in Killorglin, was eerie going through the town.

wanna watch yourself back there :P

Unfortunately the body was found of that poor girl who went missing at weekend :( RIP & condolences to her family & friends

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

Its such a shame to see some fantastic old trees in the town park uprooted by the storm. However i must compliment the fantastic work done by the council in removing trees blocking roads. Town centre was scary yesterday with slates flying everywhere, luckily no one badly injured as far as i am aware. Pity to see the Aqua Dome closed again they seem to get the brunt of every storm that hits Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Lads, do those of you in Tralee think me and my OH would be crazy to go down there tomorrow for the weekend?

Had intended on seeing a nice bitta scenery... Heh :p

Crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Im getting sick of people calling to the door trying to sell me broadband, or trying to get me to sign up to charities. In the last hour i have had 2 different people call to the door from UNICEF and another trying to sell me Eircoms new eVision service. I try to be nice to them all, put at 5 in the evening a lot of people are trying to prepare dinner after a hard day at work. They dont need this. Rant Over! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

kingdomlad wrote: »
    Im getting sick of people calling to the door trying to sell me broadband, or trying to get me to sign up to charities. In the last hour i have had 2 different people call to the door from UNICEF and another trying to sell me Eircoms new eVision service. I try to be nice to them all, put at 5 in the evening a lot of people are trying to prepare dinner after a hard day at work. They dont need this. Rant Over! :mad:

that is why they call at that time. in the hope that your so eager to get rid of them, you'll sign up to there services!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

Well it doesnt seem to work with me, Michael!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Lads, do those of you in Tralee think me and my OH would be crazy to go down there tomorrow for the weekend?

Had intended on seeing a nice bitta scenery... Heh :p

Crazy?

there is supposed to be another storm coming this weekend.

• Advertisement

UNICEF door to door plagues are around. Who calls at 8:30 to torment people about donating to some foreign country, And what sad sad sad people tells these charity workers that it is acceptable to knock on a persons door at that hour possibly later telling them about starving children in war torn countries!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement