Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that 'Mods & Minis' kids clothing is opening in where 'U Save' used to be in the Mall!

I still can't figure out where 'Rockalily' is opening, is it in the old Boots unit? Its meant to be opening on Saturday, but no signs up or anything so not sure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

a good stretch of the Oakpark road has no street lights working & is very dark! Hopefully they will have it sorted tomorrow. The electricity in Ardfert only came back in the last hour! I've friends living there who not only had no electricity, but no water either!

A friend in Kileen said she only got her electricity back at lunchtime today! We were so lucky where we are in Oakpark, it seemed to only be off briefly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

27 trees down in the town park I'm told, it really is amazing that no one was killed, or seemingly seriously hurt for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    a good stretch of the Oakpark road has no street lights working & is very dark!

That's due to a fallen tree on power lines in the alleyway across from Oakland's Daybreak.

Adiboo wrote: »
    That's due to a fallen tree on power lines in the alleyway across from Oakland's Daybreak.

ah right! thanks for the info :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

sheesh wrote: »
    there is supposed to be another storm coming this weekend.

Friday & Sunday will be very bad weather wise.

Stay safe folks.

Friday & Sunday will be very bad weather wise.

Stay safe folks.

they said it won't be anything like it was on Wednesday, just wet & windy!

Fair dues to all the ESB crews out working in this brutal weather.
    They are really earning their money today.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Look out the window its wind and rain. Stick on the telly its wind and rain. Switch on the radio its wind and rain. Log onto boards its wind and rain. Need a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Sully34 wrote: »
    Look out the window its wind and rain. Stick on the telly its wind and rain. Switch on the radio its wind and rain. Log onto boards its wind and rain. Need a holiday.

Wish I could stick on the Telly and switch on the Radio :( no power since Wednesday

Was not too bad the first two nights but getting tired of it now and we are only a mile outsite Tralee

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »

Good thing you are here to cheer us up so..

pickled101 wrote: »
    Wish I could stick on the Telly and switch on the Radio :( no power since Wednesday

Was not too bad the first two nights but getting tired of it now and we are only a mile outsite Tralee

Thats beyond a joke. And there was me thinking the ESB were doing a great job. Wherever did I get that idea?

Good thing you are here to cheer us up so..

The pleasure is all mine

Sure there are thousands without power and they are working in terrible conditions. My post was not meant in any way to criticise the ESB staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

pickled101 wrote: »

KGH have loads of time to prepare for the surge of babies coming mid-November as there is nothing else to do without the lecky. :D

Fair dues to all the ESB crews out working in this brutal weather.
    They are really earning their money today.

But aint that their job? Aint that what they are getting very well paid to do?

Oh mister sun sun mister golden sun :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Spread the love people :)

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

My matches are

The_Kew_Tour
    Ciarrai76
    delthedriver
    MrsD007
    Skid X
    cofy
    grey_so_what
    Lisha
    Welsh Megaman
    JonathanAnon
    Atlantic Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'

Username Compatibility
    delthedriver
    Ciarrai76
    RevBlueJeans
    vicwatson
    Southern Dandy
    bobdcow
    snubbleste
    madmoe
    Kerrydude1981
    Tesco Mobile: Leona
    Atlantic Dawn

This has got to be a mistake. I get 10 love hearts for Del, 8 for Ciarrai and one for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Still raining.....beer me somebody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wow, thanks so much for posting this!! I am a nostalgia nut so this footage is heaven for me. I've spent the last 2 hours glued to this. Great to see so many buildings, shops, places etc that are no longer around and that I had long forgotten. I even saw my old home in Strand Street and recognised a few faces. Happy memories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Anyone try out the new Burger King/foodcourt yet? What's it like?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone run the 10 miler today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Eircom worker from west cork killed by a falling pole today while trying to repair lines.

Puts it in perspective really. Maybe have a little think about this before we criticise these guys and there wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

beertons wrote: »
    Anyone run the 10 miler today?

Heard people saying it was 9.86 miles rather than 10 :). Bit of a balls if your timing yourself to do 10 not less.

On a unrelated note am sorry but one of the Marshalls blocking the roads could not be more up themselves if they tried. One in particular you would swear he/she was part of a presidential motorcade.

But on a positve note looked to be a great turnout, plenty of proud faces in finish, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Any truth in the rumour that a KFC franchise may be moving into the old randles show rooms in manor???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Clab mor wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour that a KFC franchise may be moving into the old randles show rooms in manor???

Kentucky fried bollox I'd say, yet another rumour of KFC coming until I see it I'll never believe that rumour again.

kingdumb wrote: »
    The past is a foreign country.

great footage of Tralee in 1983!! some of it looks just the same & other parts look so remote, which are now built up now! I'd forgotten about some businesses that were there, and others like the Slieve Mish in Boherbee and Hokee in Castle street are still there now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

kingdumb wrote: »
    The past is a foreign country.
    Thanks Kingdumb, thats really brullent!

I posted here some time back about chippers in Tralee and remember the Golden Grill in Moyderwell!

Its amazing how quiet the streets were. Was it a sunday afternoon? So many mature trees around Ballymullen and the Library prefabs. Ballymullen is such an historic part of our Town. Notice how pedestrians just casually walk out in front of traffic. Notice the bill posting bollard at Ballymullen ... there was another one at stacks villas.

Summer 83 was a hot summer and the new hospital had just opened.

RevBJ

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement