Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ongarboy wrote: »
    There was mention of it moving to Dan Spring Road at one stage. Has that been shelved due to the current austerity?

Still on the cards afaik. It is to be a joint venture with the Courts moving out there as well so that they would be side by side.

Was there something on the news about the Carlton hotel being bought by another hotel group?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

kn wrote: »
    Was there something on the news about the Carlton hotel being bought by another hotel group?

By the Dalata Hotel Group who own the Maldron Hotel chain:

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/four-star-carlton-hotel-to-be-taken-over-by-major-hotel-group-2/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

2013LEO wrote: »

will they be renaming the hotel again so?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    will they be renaming the hotel again so?

Maldron I suppose. Tralee is a bit 'down market' for Carlton in fairness. What happens with the Rose sponsorship and the Dome is I guess the big question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

kn wrote: »
    Maldron I suppose. Tralee is a bit 'down market' for Carlton in fairness. What happens with the Rose sponsorship and the Dome is I guess the big question.

What an awful statement! Where is your pride in your town? Carlton also have hotels in Ballinasloe and Blanchardstown - I know where i would rather live.
    As far as i am aware the hotel is owned by NAMA and the lease was up. The Maldron group put in a better offer than Carlton for the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Is the old Abbeygate still to remain a Carlton?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

TOMMY Walsh (from Tralee) has been placed on the Sydney Swans' long-term injury list as the Irishman continues his recovery from a severe hamstring injury.
    AFL spokesman Patrick Keane announced on Twitter on Tuesday that the Swans had put Walsh on their long-term injury list but had yet to upgrade a rookie as a replacement.

Walsh, 26 later this month, has played just five games for the Swans since crossing from St Kilda at the end of 2011.
    The forward played two games last year, but his season ended in round 10 against Essendon when he tore his hamstring off the bone in the first quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

It was on Radio Kerry Sports News a while ago that hes training,nearly back to full fitness and will be ready for AFL action in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Is the old Abbeygate still to remain a Carlton?

The Abbeygate has closed down.......again
    ladies of the night must be going elsewhere these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Abbeygate has closed down.......again
    ladies of the night must be going elsewhere these days.

yikes, that didn't last too long! I know they had some trouble with health & safety issues, something like that. It was in the paper again recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

that's a shame, although to be honest, it was the type of place that completely slipped off my radar in the last 10 years or so. You'd forget it was there! I remember when it first opened, the main bar used to be packed. It was the place to go on a Saturday night for a short while (c1994 if I remember correctly....yet again showing my age:o)

I thought I read somewhere that it was just closed for the winter and would open again in March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Can someone tell me if Tony & Val McGinely still work? I know their on radio kerry but just wondering do they still see people or are they retired??

Can someone tell me if Tony & Val McGinely still work? I know their on radio kerry but just wondering do they still see people or are they retired??

I think they both still see clients. They are based at their home in Caherslee.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Did you spot the fella up the ladder fiddling with electricity wires ?

Does anyone know if this is the same footage that was bee shown in o'Donnels [?] sometime last year ?
    I love the total lack of health and safety where the houses are being knocked by the digger. 2 yellow cones!
    And people walking and cycling past no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Just heard some shameless plugging on the Ray Darcy show about a certain gluten free place in Town run by a certain persons sister

Just heard some shameless plugging on the Ray Darcy show about a certain gluten free place in Town run by a certain persons sister

Advertising on the radio... whatever next?

Sully34 wrote: »

I was listening....whats the problem? They just mentioned it....

• Advertisement

Lighten up folks,no harm done, nobody got killed. Well as far as I know anyway but I dont know anyone who has eaten there

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ICOcarbiens

Who's the certain person? Why all the mystique?

Lighten up folks,no harm done, nobody got killed. Well as far as I know anyway but I dont know anyone who has eaten there

But whats the problem they got mentioned on the radio? Should we avoid this place or something?

But whats the problem they got mentioned on the radio? Should we avoid this place or something?

Not at all,fill your boots

I think you should fill your boots too :rolleyes:

I think you should fill your boots too :rolleyes:

Oh very clever, you mean with **** yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Your posts on this thread can be very confusing.

Your posts on this thread can be very confusing.

So what do you think it could be Doc? Dont beat around the bush, I can take it

Oh very clever, you mean with **** yeah?

Good one...would you mind answering my question l first posted you, or do you not have a smart enough answer?

• Advertisement

Good one...would you mind answering my question l first posted you, or do you not have a smart enough answer?

What do you want to know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement