Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Sully34 wrote: »
    So what do you think it could be Doc? Dont beat around the bush, I can take it

Well I'm not a psychiactric Doctor so I hasten to diagnose, however I would hazard a guess that you're suffering from a bout of having sweet feck all to do for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

What do you want to know?

What I asked......

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Well I'm not a psychiactric Doctor so I hasten to diagnose, however I would hazard a guess that you're suffering from a bout of having sweet feck all to do for yourself.

Well it looks like we are all together on that sinking ship Doc. It seems some have it a lot worse than me on here so maybe you should see to them first

I was listening....whats the problem? They just mentioned it....

This one?

This one?

Thats the one

• Advertisement

Thats the one

Never said there was a problem. It was a joke aimed at Ciarrai and if offends her then I will apologise because I think the girl is the only one here,well bar one or two that aint up her own hole

Never said there was a problem. It was a joke aimed at Ciarrai and if offends her then I will apologise because I think the girl is the only one here,well bar one or two that aint up her own hole

No you didnt say there was a problem, but it came across like there was. Bit OTT, bit nasty, I thought.

No you didnt say there was a problem, but it came across like there was. Bit OTT, bit nasty, I thought.

Nasty? Now who is OTT? Didnt have you down as one of those who likes to make a big deal out of nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Just heard some shameless plugging on the Ray Darcy show about a certain gluten free place in Town run by a certain persons sister

Schools out ....... Easy know tis the mid term!!!

Back in your box!!

Nasty? Now who is OTT? Didnt have you down as one of those who likes to make a big deal out of nothing

But I'm not making a big deal of it, you might like to think that. You went all defensive when I asked what was the problem...I'm not gonna go on entertaining you.

• Advertisement

But I'm not making a big deal of it, you might like to think that. You went all defensive when I asked what was the problem...I'm not gonna go on entertaining you.

I will hold you to that

Clab mor wrote: »
    Schools out ....... Easy know tis the mid term!!!

Back in your box!!

Oh look who it is, the voice of the people. Where were you lad its all kicking off in here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm not offended, but why do you feel the need to have a dig at me texting a radio station about an item they were discussing? and so what if I plugged her business??...I never actually named it by the way, but so what if I had!?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I'm not offended, but why do you feel the need to have a dig at me texting a radio station about an item they were discussing? and so what if I plugged her business??...I never actually named it by the way, but so what if I had!?

I apologise but it was a joke, didnt think it would get blown up like it did but come to think of it I should have known better when it comes to some of the old "Marys" on this yoke. Sorry but no offence intended

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I apologise but it was a joke, didnt think it would get blown up like it did but come to think of it I should have known better when it comes to some of the old "Marys" on this yoke. Sorry but no offence intended

that's fine! I'm just trying to help promote my sister's business, and if I can get a 'shameless plug' on the radio (free advertising), then I may as well. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Just hold on there a minute.............

Gotta top up on popcorn. :)

I heard Seancara is closed due to a bereavement, not sure but I think it's meant to be the owner who passed away suddenly?
    Sad news if true. Condolences to them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I'm offended by that, I'm a young Mary tyvm!
    Old Mary indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Has anyone here actually eaten in the Gluten Free restaruant? What is it like? I must say the idea doesnt really appeal to me as I like the taste of things with gluten in it!

I remember the site of the restaurant when it was the Ashling Geal and later when the excellent David Norris (Tralee's original celebrity chef) took over. It then became a horrible non descript Indian for a few years before the GFR took over.

I think the reviews on TripAdvisor for GFR are only middling.

^^

I wanna try it out sometime, something different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Has anyone here actually eaten in the Gluten Free restaruant? What is it like? I must say the idea doesnt really appeal to me as I like the taste of things with gluten in it!

I remember the site of the restaurant when it was the Ashling Geal and later when the excellent David Norris (Tralee's original celebrity chef) took over. It then became a horrible non descript Indian for a few years before the GFR took over.

4.5 out of 5 seems better than 'middling'

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

pookiesboo wrote: »
    4.5 out of 5 seems better than 'middling'

Sorry pookiesboo, TGFKC gets really good reviews! just a few negative ones from people whos beef was with Groupon and not TGFKC itself. RevBJ

Gluten is a protein in wheat, its not actually very good for you and even if you are not coeliac and intolerant of it, its very beneficial to eliminate it from your diet. Some people just cut it out for a while. It doesn't affect the taste of food, that's the point!! Gluten has been proven to affect kids with ADHD or even women's fertility! There's a lot more to it than you think!! There are a lot of foods that you eat that don't have gluten in it, and you probably don't even know it! I read food labels a lot now, as I know I have an intolerance to gluten, but I'm not coeliac. Brands such as Bachelors baked beans are gluten free, so are Green Isle frozen chips....I could list loads more foods that aren't specifically labelled as gluten free & you may eat then, but I'd be here all night! lol
    Gluten wasn't in a lot of food years ago and we were all a lot healthier, plus there was a lot less cancer etc!

I know I might sound biased, but if you do a bit of research on gluten you'd be surprised!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I heard Seancara is closed due to a bereavement, not sure but I think it's meant to be the owner who passed away suddenly?
    Sad news if true. Condolences to them all.

unfortunately it was the owner of Seancara who passed away. :(

'WHEELER, Philip, The Spá and Seancara, Tralee on 19th February 2014, beloved husband of Jane and dear father of Kelly, Spencer, Dan & Rosie. Sadly missed by his loving family, his grandchildren Jessica, Dara, Rachel, Sarah, Skye, Taya & Julie, sister Ann, mother & father-in-law Eddie & Jean, nieces, relatives and many friends.

Reposing at The Gleasure Funeral Home on Sunday from 2pm to 4pm. Private cremation will follow. Donations in lieu of flowers to the Self Realisation Fellowship, care of Gleasures. Rest in Peace'

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Nah you ain't a "Mary" your just a ****ing idiot

And you even get to stay up late too....... God mid-term is the best!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Jaysus........**** going dowwwwwwn son!

Everytime I think of the gluten free restaurant I just think of a shop full of bread...but have been hearing good things about this place even had a work colleague from limerick take his lady who is celiac to the place on the way to killarney and they were very happy with the food. Seems to be making a few ripples so good on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Clab mor wrote: »
    And you even get to stay up late too....... God mid-term is the best!!!!

Wait till he's mommy finds out he's used all her phone credit logging on to boards!

No pocket money this weekend!

The Auld Biddys here tonight. Must be a slow night on neighbourhood watch eh ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

The Auld Biddys here tonight. Must be a slow night on neighbourhood watch eh ladies

No need for neighborhood watch the nights you're in I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

my uncle is a caeoliac (forgive the spelling) and he is in his 70's but he looks like a man in his early 50's, I can't put it down to a lack of gluten but I'm sure it does help in his appearance and zest for life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement