Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

I also like Hillbillies in the square but it is very difficult to get to.

:confused:Do you drive an articulated truck to the front doors of many establishments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

MJs is the only place to go for a good feed in town. Big portions and great service! Was in there this eve!
    The Burger Shack has lost it's crown a long time ago. I used to love the Shack but its just not cutting it anymore.

Yes indeed, MJ's is unbelievable, a Rhode Island burger, (2 quarter pounders) is a monster! No need for anything else besides that :)
    Have been to Quinlans only once & it was wonderful, but a lot of people have been telling me that in the last few weeks the portions are smaller & greasier. They need to turn that around or else they'll lose their customerbase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Adiboo wrote: »
    I bought some of the seafood chowder from Quinlan's to cook at home recently. Very nice stuff. And I'm not a big seafood person.

For the best Seafood Chowder in Kerry it has to be Spa Seafoods.
    Had their chowder at lunchtime , wow!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Hi All,

Delighted to see my favourite subject, food , being mentioned again on The Tralee Thread. Have never been to MJ's but based on the helpful posts this PM, it is now on my must try list. Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

For the best Seafood Chowder in Kerry it has to be Spa Seafoods.
    Had their chowder at lunchtime , wow!:)

I've never eaten there. I've no car so can be tricky getting to all the places I want to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Adiboo wrote: »
    I've never eaten there. I've no car so can be tricky getting to all the places I want to go!

Sure why don't you ask del for a lift???

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Damokc wrote: »
    :confused:Do you drive an articulated truck to the front doors of many establishments?

MJ's park in front of Argos.
    BurgerShack park in front.
    Green Rooster. Difficult to find parking. Taxis, Bingo and Double Yellows.
    McDonalds: Park in the front or drive through.
    Hillbillies. Park in the loading bays in the Mall after 6:30 or in the Abbey Car Park which is closed at the moment!

Whats VivaBurger like these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Whats VivaBurger like these days?

The exact same as it was in 1992 I'd bet. Proper old skool!

Just bout to sample another MJs Burger.....it's like a drug...:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The exact same as it was in 1992 I'd bet. Proper old skool!

Just bout to sample another MJs Burger.....it's like a drug...:D

Viva Burg have changed their chips, they do the nice chunky homemade ones now, really nice too!

The Caoimhe Mai burger in Mjs, serious stuff.
    Now for the deep fried Mars bar...
    Nyom.com!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

[QUOTE=

Whats VivaBurger like these days?[/QUOTE]

I like the burgers from there but I did prefer the old chips they had, don't go there as much as we used to since they changed the chips.

I presume they still do deliveries, but when we got the deliveries they were quick and when they found out we had a smallie in the house, he used to tap on the door instead of ringing the bell in case baba was asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I have defo re-kindled my love of kelali kebabs, if someone was to stab me with something I would pop!.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I have defo re-kindled my love of kelali kebabs, if someone was to stab me with something I would pop!.

Oh those burgers and the chips with curry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

bobdcow wrote: »
    Oh those burgers and the chips with curry :)

Exactly what I had :).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Vivaburg was always my port of call anytime I went for a takeaway in Tralee, their pink sauce was the best in Kerry and their half pounder was always amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Horsetiger

A group of students from the Creative Media Department in the Institute of Technology, Tralee are proud to present details of ‘Create ITT;’ an evening that will showcase the skills and talents of multimedia and broadcasting students based in Kerry. The event will take place in the Kerry County Museum, Tralee on Thursday 18th April from 5:30 – 8:00PM.

The ‘Create ITT’ exhibition will include a wide range of short films, television features and documentary extracts as well as a gallery of photographs and multimedia designs. There will also be a chance for visitors to experience the excitement of taking part in the recording of a live radio drama. The concept for the exhibition was developed by a group of Final Year students who wanted to share a collection of material produced during their time in college.
    Earlier this year, the work of the Creative Media Department was propelled into the spotlight when a student project based on a scene from Pulp Fiction became a YouTube phenomenon after featuring in an interview with Quentin Tarantino on the Graham Norton Show (BBC).

For further information and to view previews of some of the videos that will be shown on the night, visit www.facebook.com/createitt

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Did anyone noticed the work being done on the old rail track beside Horan's Fruit and Veg in Upper Rock Street? What's happening?

Edit: Answered my own question and maybe an interest to others: http://traleetofenitcycleway.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Will be a good amenity to the town and hinterland. However, the photos in the link above that show the route through the back of factories/houses/high walls etc don't look very inviting/attractive. I'd say it will only be when you venture outside the Tralee built up area that it gets more scenic and appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Long shot but anybody travelling from tralee to Dublin today that could bring up a parcel for me? Would be very much appreciated. Even getting it as far as limerick would save me a lot of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

keane2097 wrote: »
    Long shot but anybody travelling from tralee to Dublin today that could bring up a parcel for me? Would be very much appreciated. Even getting it as far as limerick would save me a lot of driving.

You do realise how dodgy that sounds - right?? :)

• Advertisement

Its business cards, they're in kingdom printers. Need to get them to a colleague who's catching a plane at 5am. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

keane2097 wrote: »
    Does it have to be today? I drive through Tralee on the way up from Dingle every weekend on a Sunday if it's any use.

I tend to run out of snacks by Portlaoise so I hope it's not snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FarmerSmith

Anyone know the story with Ballyseedy woodland walk place?? Walk the dog there most days but today was completely flooded to the point it was impassable. This was from the Ballygarry side, I imagine it was ok from the other side as the ground is higher there.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Are you referring to the residual alluvial forest ?
    Anyone know the story with Ballyseedy woodland walk place?? Walk the dog there most days but today was completely flooded to the point it was impassable. This was from the Ballygarry side, I imagine it was ok from the other side as the ground is higher there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Does it have to be today? I drive through Tralee on the way up from Dingle every weekend on a Sunday if it's any use.

I tend to run out of snacks by Portlaoise so I hope it's not snacks.

Hey thanks for the offer. Had to be yesterday unfortunately, ended up driving down after work, stopping in my dad's long enough to pick up the box and straight back to Dublin!

I got a t-bone steak out of it at least!

any chance of getting our post count back up to where it was before the mods made a complete bollix of everything?

Another Aldi for Tralee?
    Hopefully the Mounthawk side of the town.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/retail-and-services/aldi-to-open-20-more-stores-in-ireland-1.1364471

Found partial link from old (now missing) Tralee Thread which said it was Kileen they applied for the planning back in 2010

Damokc wrote: »
    any chance of getting our post count back up to where it was before the mods made a complete bollix of everything?

I had nothing to do with it.
    I can't see how the posts on the old Tralee thread multiplied and our post counts dropped massively.

• Advertisement

I had nothing to do with it.
    I can't see how the posts on the old Tralee thread multiplied and our post counts dropped massively.

Surely mods can talk to mods and figure this out? "chain of command" if you will?!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement