Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

how come Moran's on Castle street has closed again? (opposite Ryles)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

found this on FB earlier, a video from the late Padraig Kennelly of the Kerry's Eye. He talks about the flooding that Tralee was prone to. There are other videos under the Kennelly Archive on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWAwJ7r_djY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    how come Moran's on Castle street has closed again? (opposite Ryles)

It was a pop up shop. There for the Xmas market, but wasn't ever going to be a long term gig.
    If there's not a tenant in there for next Xmas I think you could see him do the same thing again

It was a pop up shop. There for the Xmas market, but wasn't ever going to be a long term gig.
    If there's not a tenant in there for next Xmas I think you could see him do the same thing again

oh right, I got the impression they had 're-opened', I didn't realise it was temporary!

oh right, I got the impression they had 're-opened', I didn't realise it was temporary!

He's owned the building for many years & had a childrens clothing shop, a womens clothing shop & has rented it to many short term ventures in the meantime.
    He tried again & used the Morans name in the press, but it didn't work, esp as people my agegroup only remember Morans for school uniforms & farmers suits

• Advertisement

He's owned the building for many years & had a childrens clothing shop, a womens clothing shop & has rented it to many short term ventures in the meantime.
    He tried again & used the Morans name in the press, but it didn't work, esp as people my agegroup only remember Morans for school uniforms & farmers suits

Castle St. is starting to look a bit bleak again, a lot of empty units compared to the Mall which is filling up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

As did i, there was a big fanfare about the opening!

I passed by Burger King/Tralee food Court today. I don't think its very noticeable to be honest, you could easily pass it & not notice it. Compared to McDonalds its very hidden, I think they could have done a better job with the signage at the entrance, I just didn't think it stood out. Just my opinion though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I passed by Burger King/Tralee food Court today. I don't think its very noticeable to be honest, you could easily pass it & not notice it. Compared to McDonalds its very hidden, I think they could have done a better job with the signage at the entrance, I just didn't think it stood out. Just my opinion though!

Was in Tralee for weekend and meant to check it out but Mom's homecooked food was too yum to pass on:-) so will do next time! My brother & his kids said it's much better than RM!

In town last night. I notice A Wear has "letting arranged"sign on window. I wonder who new tenant is?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Noticed the former Jet Press unit in Monavalley has sold sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Noticed the former Jet Press unit in Monavalley has sold sign up.

Yeah the guy who bought it has units up there already,cant think of his name now. He is also behind that new pharmacy/medical centre in Spa rd. He is buying up half the Town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

As did i, there was a big fanfare about the opening!

Its the hair straightener place your talking about? I was always under the impression that that was only a temporary Christmas pop-up shop.

kn wrote: »
    Its the hair straightener place your talking about? I was always under the impression that that was only a temporary Christmas pop-up shop.

no, that was in where Mirage used to be. That was just a pop-up-shop. Moran's is the unit opposite Ryle's, but owned by the guy who owns Ryle's. There was a little pop-up jewellary shop in there last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

May not be the right place for this but just wondering if it is known where Andrew Morrissey from Radio Kerry is off to and who is replacing him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 U201

I need some advice - I am a non-drinker and not into pubs etc, is their anyone in Tralee in the same boat as me. I am in my mid 20's

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Radio5 wrote: »
    May not be the right place for this but just wondering if it is known where Andrew Morrissey from Radio Kerry is off to and who is replacing him?

Spin South west .... Not too sure of his
    replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

U201 wrote: »
    I need some advice - I am a non-drinker and not into pubs etc, is their anyone in Tralee in the same boat as me. I am in my mid 20's

Wow, that's a loaded question! :)

I assume what your attempting to ask is what kind of social scene/activities are there in Tralee for someone in their 20's that does not involve having to meet up in pubs etc? To answer that question you need to tell us your interests and posters will then point you in the right direction to groups/clubs that you might be interested in.

what sort of things are you into? Do you like sports/exercise etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Clab mor wrote: »
    replacement

Worst.radio.station.ever.
    Impossible to quantify how crap it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

replacement

when is he leaving, I enjoy him on my way home from work

• Advertisement

Worst.radio.station.ever.
    Impossible to quantify how crap it actually is.

It is awful, I can't listen to spin southwest, so so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

It is awful, I can't listen to spin southwest, so so bad!

The morning show is terrible, the presenters are dire no personality by them and some of content should not be heard by children on the way to school, I find Radio Kerry much better than I thought it would be, Today FM and 2FM wreck my head in the mornings.

bobdcow wrote: »
    The morning show is terrible, the presenters are dire no personality by them and some of content should not be heard by children on the way to school, I find Radio Kerry much better than I thought it would be, Today FM and 2FM wreck my head in the mornings.

2fm have gone to the dogs too, their recent changes are really bad. I tend to listen to Today FM more, but I do have Radio Kerry on in the afternoon's from time to time, Andrew Morrissey wasn't the worst! I think Spin Southwest try way too hard and are aimed at young teens! I cringe listening to it, especially when they consider an old song to be in the past 5 years! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

bobdcow wrote: »
    when is he leaving, I enjoy him on my way home from work

Tomorrow is his last show,I started listening to him a few years ago,was sick of the main stream stuff,in fairness to him plays a good mix of music,alot of 80's and 90's stuff hopefully he will be allowed to do the same on Spin,time to educate the kids on what real music sounds like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bring back the pirates is all I say!!!:D Rocky 103 or Kingdom 102 anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

replacement

I think its Brendan Fuller - he's with Radio Kerry already.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

Did you try any of the clubs/ideas suggested to you a couple weeks ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I'm gonna miss Andrew :( he comes across as such a lovely fella, met him once in the grand in killarney...hes the same as he is on radio and cute ;) l think he'll be a big loss tbh. Anyone listen on sat nights from 6pm? sorry to say but shes awful :/

ongarboy wrote: »
    bring back the pirates is all I say!!!:D Rocky 103 or Kingdom 102 anyone??

Atlantic 252.......longwave baby!

• Advertisement

Atlantic 252.......longwave baby!

ah yeah, I used to listen to Atlantic 252, when I could get it to tune in!! Remember 'Dusty Rhodes' :cool::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement