Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

MJ's over both of them!

Did MJ's buy the Brogue recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

No idea. I haven't heard about anyone taking it over.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

MJ's is part owned by one of the Kirby's...so its possible! I did hear recenly (again) that one of the Kirby's was taking it over again!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    MJ's is part owned by one of the Kirby's...so its possible! I did hear recenly (again) that one of the Kirby's was taking it over again!

It would be nice to see the premises reopen. It is a shame to see such a landmark building not being used.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

So is it a case of it going into receivership. The debt gets swallowed by the bank. And the family buy it back at a fraction of the cost, debt free?

• Advertisement

So is it a case of it going into receivership. The debt gets swallowed by the bank. And the family buy it back at a fraction of the cost, debt free?

Mmmmmm............ would that not be similar to any other third party buying the business??????

It is a shame to see the building looking sad and deteriorating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Not quite. It was the Lantern in Tarbert where all the debt came from. And the Kirby's gave personal guarantees so the bank took, as I heard, the Brouge and a couple of houses among other assets to make up the losses. Hardly getting off scot free.

kn wrote: »
    Not quite. It was the Lantern in Tarbert where all the debt came from. And the Kirby's gave personal guarantees so the bank took, as I heard, the Brouge and a couple of houses among other assets to make up the losses. Hardly getting off scot free.

Fair comment.. When it comes to Creditors , Revenue always get first call too.

Surely there is a minimum price at which the Bank will cut their losses and sell to any interested parties ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

There was someone bashing bricks out of the side of the big house beside the castle dairy in Ballymullen on Friday morning. That house is getting very shook looking now. There's a big hole in the side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

unkymo wrote: »
    I was told last night by some former staff members of the Brogue that its reopening in March. One of the daughters is taking over it apparently.

I posted this here last December so it might be true yet!

• Advertisement

unkymo wrote: »
    I posted this here last December so it might be true yet!

It would be a great kick start if they could get up and running for St. Patrick's Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There was someone bashing bricks out of the side of the big house beside the castle dairy in Ballymullen on Friday morning. That house is getting very shook looking now. There's a big hole in the side of it.

If it's the period looking house I'm thinking about, I would have thought it was listed and not allowed such interference?

On the Brogue issue, I wouldn't be surprised if Wetherspoons put in a bid for it (They want to open about 30 pubs in Ireland -mainly through acquisitions). The Brogue has that quirky, characteristic, well located and big enough package that they are looking for.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Does the Brogue have a car park? That group are only after pubs with a few parking spaces,to cater for the food customers.

beertons wrote: »
    Does the Brogue have a car park? That group are only after pubs with a few parking spaces,to cater for the food customers.

No car spaces!

Don't think this is one for Wetherspoons.

Is there a connection between Wetherspoons and Costa Coffee?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It ain't them so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No car spaces!

Don't think this is one for Wetherspoons.

Is there a connection between Wetherspoons and Costa Coffee?

Yea they are both ****

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Who are MJ'S????????

Henwin wrote: »
    Who are MJ'S????????

Across the road from Argos. It is a proper American diner, with homemade chips and the nicest burgers I've ever had.

And unlike after eating in McDonalds or Burger King, your not hungry 30 mins later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

MJ's were in talks with the bank re The Brogue, various figures being bandied about, but it seems there will have to be a lot of money spent on refurb as there is a hole in the roof leading to water damage & general state of disrepair. Could be as much as the purchase price needed for the overhaul

MJ's were in talks with the bank re The Brogue, various figures being bandied about, but it seems there will have to be a lot of money spent on refurb as there is a hole in the roof leading to water damage & general state of disrepair. Could be as much as the purchase price needed for the overhaul

Why don't NAMA get the bloody roof fixed, before the water wrecks the whole building?

6 months untreated water damage and the building will be unuasable. Not to mention totally devaluing the property.

Is there anyone with any forward thinking?

• Advertisement

Why don't NAMA get the bloody roof fixed, before the water wrecks the whole building?

6 months untreated water damage and the building will be unuasable. Not to mention totally devaluing the property.

Is there anyone with any forward thinking?

The answer to your question . No

There may also be issues with gaining a Fire Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

The answer to your question . No

There may also be issues with gaining a Fire Cert

Also I've heard since theirs no concrete floors that's the end of the upstairs resturant so as the old saying goes ,,,, how to make a small fortune outta the brogue,,,,, start off with a big one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

just came across this, said i'd share with ye folks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cv0CXrJOao

D Trent wrote: »
    just came across this, said i'd share with ye folks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cv0CXrJOao

The footage is quite old?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see Christy Tick Tock makes a cameo at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Christy Tick Tock makes a cameo at the end!

does he have any more songs?? or is it just the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

bobdcow wrote: »
    does he have any more songs?? or is it just the one?

Who can tell? All I hear is,
    "whop, whup, bebop, blue suede tutti frutti, en routey, take it away Willie!"

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

Theres an ad in todays Kerrys Eye from Corcorans Furniture looking for a Receptionist (Internship) - see ad attached with the list of "activities". They should look up what Internships are meant to be about. No mention of training. Its a disgrace & its the likes of this that gives internships such a bad name.

• Advertisement

2013LEO wrote: »
    Theres an ad in todays Kerrys Eye from Corcorans Furniture looking for a Receptionist (Internship) - see ad attached with the list of "activities". They should look up what Internships are meant to be about. No mention of training. Its a disgrace & its the likes of this that gives internships such a bad name.

Thank you for posting.

IMHO, based on the ad, the Company do not deserve Customer Support !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement