Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

ian87 wrote: »
    Anybody have problems with the drive through in burger king? I spent 5 mins at the speaker to be told drive up to the next window. 10 minutes later, 3 members of staff walk by the window, including the same guy twice who makes eye contact but ignores me. 20 minutes all in I drive up to the next window and ask to speak to the manager. I make no apologies for it but I was very vocal in my complaints before driving away.

There was 1 other car in the queue in front of me so it's not as if they were flat out.

McDonalds had me served and the lot in less than 3 minutes and I was behind 3 other cars.

Tldr; service in new BK is piss poor.

I had a very similar experience, I cant understand it tbh, they have a giant like McD's across the road yet they are pi55ing around with what appears to be one staff member on their Drive through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I reckon mcd's have nothing to worry about if that's the way bk are treating customers. It was funny, as I was driving out, I let a van out ahead of me. Same van pulled into mcd's drive in front of me then. I can only imagine we were one of many people who did same!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I havent used BK's "drive thru" but I found their their service inside to be excellent!

Traffic managment at McDonalds front door is downright dangerous with no proper provision for pedestrians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I havent used BK's "drive thru" but I found their their service inside to be excellent!

Traffic managment at McDonalds front door is downright dangerous with no proper provision for pedestrians.

I'll never understand how the boyracers flying around that place haven't killed anyone yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'll never understand how the boyracers flying around that place haven't killed anyone yet!

It seems to be where they meet up for their laps of the town. It's a scientific fact that the size of your exhaust pipe is inversely proportional to the size of your.... Ahem "meat and 2 veg" so to speak. Some of those civics have massive exhausts, God love them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

xxyyzz wrote: »
    It seems to be where they meet up for their laps of the town. It's a scientific fact that the size of your exhaust pipe is inversely proportional to the size of your.... Ahem "meat and 2 veg" so to speak. Some of those civics have massive exhausts, God love them.
    Jaysus.

The exhaust just fell off my car today:eek:

Watch out, ladies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I always thought that they only had big exhausts to compensate for lacking in other 'areas.'

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

xxyyzz wrote: »

I can confirm that this is an absolute myth :(

missjm wrote: »

So you went for someone with a small exhaust, and it didn't work out like planned? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

He said big exhaust = small knob, they're overcompensating for the little things in life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The thing that makes me laugh about 'boy racer' cars is that they make them sound(exhausts)and look(lowering)like they are broken to supposedly look cool.
    Audi A4s scraping the ground make me laugh everytime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

There seems to be a good amount of them around town. You can hear them hammering around at all hours most nights. Pests.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

He said big exhaust = small knob, they're overcompensating for the little things in life :)

No, you know you said the opposite, now don't lie!

No, you know you said the opposite, now don't lie!

No,you misread someone else's post I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got a leaflet through the door that the Subway up in Manor is opening on Saturday. There is an opening offer of BOGOF on 6 inch subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kn wrote: »
    Got a leaflet through the door that the Subway up in Manor is opening on Saturday. There is an opening offer of BOGOF on 6 inch subs.

Is that the Subway in the Burger King foodcourt or yet another one?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is that the Subway in the Burger King foodcourt or yet another one?

The foodcourt I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

does Tralee really need 3 Subways?

bobdcow wrote: »

Yes indeed! It's the only place a woman will make me a sandwich without complaining.......personally I think we need more subways!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MidlandBlowin

kn wrote: »
    The foodcourt I believe.

They were serving customers in it last week unless this is an 'official opening'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bobdcow wrote: »

The people of Tralee love their 12 inches ....and I'm not referring to the myth discussed further up the page....!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

After last years great showing Bryan Cooper must fancy his chances of getting a few wins at this years Cheltenham festival

His horses today

1:30 Valseur Lido
    2:05 Trifolium
    5:15 Art of Logstics

After last years great showing Bryan Cooper must fancy his chances of getting a few wins at this years Cheltenham festival

His horses today

1:30 Valseur Lido
    2:05 Trifolium
    5:15 Art of Logstics

Last I heard he was injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

What a lovely spring day folks. Well Im off up to Nolans garage for a gallon of petrol then over to Boyle sports to place me few bets..Wish me luck!

Sully34 wrote: »
    What a lovely spring day folks. Well Im off up to Nolans garage for a gallon of petrol then over to Boyle sports to place me few bets..Wish me luck!

Dont forget the matches :)

Dont forget the matches :)

Ah balls knew there was something. Erah there is always someone good for a light down the bookies

So I decided to see what all the fuss was about and went up to Burger Kingdom last night. I never eat fast food because I believe when you eat fast food you make baby Jesus cry. Anyway I went upto the drive through and what do you know,its as bad as everybody said. I mean God forbid I should actually get up off me lazy arse and walk in but no I had to sit and wait 10 mins for the staff to bring me my food.
    What I do like about the place is you can park up in the carpark and just as you start to feel bad about yourself for eating this muck you can just look up at the back of that housing estate and think, my life could be worse,I could actually be living in that ****hole

So I decided to see what all the fuss was about and went up to Burger Kingdom last night. I never eat fast food because I believe when you eat fast food you make baby Jesus cry. Anyway I went upto the drive through and what do you know,its as bad as everybody said. I mean God forbid I should actually get up off me lazy arse and walk in but no I had to sit and wait 10 mins for the staff to bring me my food.
    What I do like about the place is you can park up in the carpark and just as you start to feel bad about yourself for eating this muck you can just look up at the back of that housing estate and think, my life could be worse,I could actually be living in that ****hole

Your prose would brighten anyone's day Sully!

• Advertisement

You can be a funny little fcker when you want ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement