Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Its such a shame Kids aint out robbing orchards anymore. I mean whatever happened to Tip the can? Blue Murder?
    I would have much rathered the thrill of raiding the Doms orchards and getting back over that bastard wall unscathed then bashing some hookers brains in on Grand Theft Auto.

So kids put down those joy pads,switch off them ipads and get out there and raid some orchards for Gods sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Sully34 wrote: »
    Its such a shame Kids aint out robbing orchards anymore. I mean whatever happened to Tip the can? Blue Murder?
    I would have much rathered the thrill of raiding the Doms orchards and getting back over that bastard wall unscathed then bashing some hookers brains in on Grand Theft Auto.

So kids put down those joy pads,switch off them ipads and get out there and raid some orchards for Gods sake

I think we'll have to head up to the Castle Off license & knick a few cans of scrumpy jack instead, it's as close as we'll get to apples this time of the year!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think we'll have to head up to the Castle Off license & knick a few cans of scrumpy jack instead, it's as close as we'll get to apples this time of the year!

tut tut!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

My neighbour has cut his grass!

I've no petrol and a dead battery in the ride on...............Ah well maybe the weekend will be dry :D:D:D

Whatever happened to Mick the caravan?

• Advertisement

During the 70's and 80's maybe even early 90's Mick the caravan would drive around the estates selling bread,milk,Dan bars,wham bars and everything else that was bad for you.

Did the no.7 Mr freezes actually mean anything?

Anyway he must have cleaned up back then and I often wondered what happened to him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

pickled101 wrote: »
    My neighbour has cut his grass!

I've no petrol and a dead battery in the ride on...............Ah well maybe the weekend will be dry :D:D:D

Thats cheating,get some round up and spray his grass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Went up to licence renewal place today. Its upstairs of shopping centre , right at the back of restaurant. There's a sign there anyway.

Was there much of a delay there ? Need to go there soon to renew the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I think you can make appointments for the licence crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Bryan Cooper is suspected to have broken a leg at Cheltenham today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Radio5 wrote: »
    Was there much of a delay there ? Need to go there soon to renew the licence.

there was a few up there alright Saturday morning, pretty manic. open till 2 on Saturday but till 5 on weekdays. You might want to double-check that though.

kn wrote: »
    Bryan Cooper is suspected to have broken a leg at Cheltenham today.

Will they have to shoot him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

pookiesboo wrote: »
    there was a few up there alright Saturday morning, pretty manic. open till 2 on Saturday but till 5 on weekdays. You might want to double-check that though.

Did you get your license there and then or did they post it out to you?

Did you get your license there and then or did they post it out to you?

You have to wait a number of weeks for the licence in the post but they give you a letter to cover you with the Guards in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Johnny Franks bar are looking for bar staff on Jobbridge... with 2+ years experience! This is a disgrace and clearly an abuse of the Jobbridge scheme. Does anyone know how you report a listing?

Also I print screened it for ye :D

Umekichi wrote: »
    Johnny Franks bar are looking for bar staff on Jobbridge... with 2+ years experience! This is a disgrace and clearly an abuse of the Jobbridge scheme. Does anyone know how you report a listing?

Also I print screened it for ye :D

Also they are looking for a commis chef with 2 - 3 years experience, I thought the scheme was about getting experience not hiring staff on the cheap

I checked the job bridge website and its not listed on there. This is an actual 'job' rather than an 'internship'.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

kn wrote: »
    I checked the job bridge website and its not listed on there. This is an actual 'job' rather than an 'internship'.

That's strange as it was under internships on the FAS website :confused:

Umekichi wrote: »
    That's strange as it was under internships on the FAS website :confused:

Can you post a link to what you were looking at? I went through the website and came up with 37 jobs listed under Jobs/Kerry/Hotel and Catering search terms, including the Meadowlands one's above. There are also 3 different posts listed under Internship/Kerry/Hotel and Catering search terms.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/JobSearch_Results.aspx?JobType=&location=Job_Location-44&sector=Occupations-5&jobdate=&submit=Search

As a Tralee man Im ashamed to admit that I have never been inside the Ashe Memorial Hall. Never seen a play in Siamsa Tire or rode on the Blennerville train. I never had a pint in Jess McCarthys,climbed the Croppy boy or watched a match in Austin Stacks Park. And worst of all I have never tried a crubeen out of the Green Rooster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

As a Tralee man Im ashamed to admit that I have never been inside the Ashe Memorial Hall. Never seen a play in Siamsa Tire or rode on the Blennerville train. I never had a pint in Jess McCarthys,climbed the Croppy boy or watched a match in Austin Stacks Park. And worst of all I have never tried a crubeen out of the Green Rooster

If you've puked your guts up outside Horans, stole from the pick'n'mix in Quinnsworth, got beaten up at least once in the Town Park and thought an autograph from a Rose contestant was the best thing ever, then that means you've sufficiently experienced Tralee and automatically grants you freedom of the town!:pac:

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    If you've puked your guts up outside Horans, stole from the pick'n'mix in Quinnsworth, got beaten up at least once in the Town Park and thought an autograph from a Rose contestant was the best thing ever, then that means you've sufficiently experienced Tralee and automatically grants you freedom of the town!:pac:

Well I wasnt the type of lad that would go down the Town park asking Roses for their autographs. Probably was too busy beaten on the lads that did

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have never climbed the Croppy boy, or eaten a crubeen...anywhere! lol I have however done the rest....although thankfully I have not been beaten up in the town park, nor was I thrown in the fountains after exams were finished...or have flour thrown all over me after that! :D I think I was more afraid of what my mother would do if I came home after it! lol

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have never climbed the Croppy boy, or eaten a crubeen...anywhere! lol I have however done the rest....although thankfully I have not been beaten up in the town park, nor was I thrown in the fountains after exams were finished...or have flour thrown all over me after that! :D I think I was more afraid of what my mother would do if I came home after it! lol

Tralee boardsies to-do list now includes chucking flour over Ciarrai & chucking her in the fountain.....hope we have a great summer, that fountain is cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The only way you'll get a pint in Jess' is by breaking in and pulling it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Sully34 I have to say you've some great posts lately :D

I'm nearly there.... as a Tipperary man I've been in Ashe Hall, watched a play in Siamsa and rode on the Blennerville train and watched a match in Austin Stacks. Must get to Jess McCarthys over the weekend and try to climb to the top of the croppy boy when the coast is clear...

xxyyzz wrote: »
    The only way you'll get a pint in Jess' is by breaking in and pulling it yourself

How come?

How come?

Not the most welcoming pub if you're not a long standing customer

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Yes they are very icy and unfriendly to all but longtime regulars.

Back in the day it was popular with teachers from the Green.

I saw Drops of Brandy in the Ashe Hall and Eric Clapton in the CY.
    I travelled on the Blennerville steam train and on the Fenit train to the beach.
    I went to the parish Bazzar in the CY.
    I never climbed the croppy boy but did dump my schoolbooks in the "Culvert" on Denny Street.
    I played handball in the ballalley in the Green where Siamsa is now.
    I got picked up at Mulchinocks corner for football games with the Stacks.L
    I saw Soldier Blue in the Theatre Royal.
    I saw "galdiator" movies on Thursday afternoon in the CBS Clonalour.
    I signed on in the Labour exchange in Princes Quay a few recessions ago.
    I was a patient in the old St Catherines.
    I got the cure in Lourdes.

All that and the ladies in Jesses still will not serve me a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Power Gear

Kerry's Eye issue 2 1974
    He’d escaped from the Denny factory in Tralee and caused havoc along the Mall and Castle Street - until a nearby garda and the local traffic warden, Mick Noonan, managed to catch up with him.

:D

10004034_10151904174940806_1783057594_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Not the most welcoming pub if you're not a long standing customer

I'm actually barred from there for "talking too loud" - I sh1t you not! Years ago a friend who know one of the sisters from the hospital brought me and another mate in for a couple of pints. Admittedly the other friend was being a bit obnoxious but nothing messy. On the way out my friend who was known to one of them said that he was welcome back anytime but his friends i.e. me and the other guy were not! And I did feck all out of the way.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement