Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Hey, I won't have a bad word said about Quinlans, the best pub in town by a long shot. Also it is possibly the only pub in the country that closes for paddies day.
    Sully34 wrote: »
    Pub crawl from Quinlans to Jess McCarthys. Now theres a wild day out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

kingdumb wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be any bin lorries participating in this years parade, seeing as the councils refuse services have been privatised ?

They were always the highlight of the parade for me...

Never paid any attention to the bin lorries, I used always skip that bit.........I'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Never paid any attention to the bin lorries, I used always skip that bit.........I'll get my coat
    Thats a rubbish joke...

Wait a second, i'm right behind you..

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

kingdumb wrote: »
    Hey, I won't have a bad word said about Quinlans, the best pub in town by a long shot.
    Yes, and when the close at 6pm or there abouts they are allways very corteous and pleasant about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Seen yer on about pubs,one place Ive always been interested in is McQuinn's across the street from Shaw's and next to Dowling's,when did that close? It was a pub right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Seen yer on about pubs,one place Ive always been interested in is McQuinn's across the street from Shaw's and next to Dowling's,when did that close? It was a pub right?

Dude I think it was a butchers. Knightlys used to be near that though. Is that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

groovie wrote: »
    Dude I think it was a butchers. Knightlys used to be near that though. Is that what you mean?

No just thought by the front of the building that McQuinn's was a pub.

No just thought by the front of the building that McQuinn's was a pub.

Gotcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

2013LEO wrote: »

Best wishes to all the participants in the Tralee Marathon.

Thank you for your support.

Hope you have a great weekend in Tralee.

The weather is gorgeous. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Nice to read that the dispute in Liebherr has been resolved.

Well done to all concerned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭encore1

Just a word of warning to anyone who is thinking of having any dealings with a mechanic from Castleisland called <Snip>...
    He "fixed" my car and (in fairness to him) got it thru the NCT for me...but the original problem seems never to have been sorted...€500 later!!
    His attitude to me now is "**** off you fat bitch"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

encore1 wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to anyone who is thinking of having any dealings with a mechanic from Castleisland called Mike Walsh...
    He "fixed" my car and (in fairness to him) got it thru the NCT for me...but the original problem seems never to have been sorted...€500 later!!
    His attitude to me now is "**** off you fat bitch"

he didn't seriously say that to you did he???:eek:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    he didn't seriously say that to you did he???:eek:

Oh he did! Quite the charmer!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Oh he did! Quite the charmer!

wow, nice man! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

These statements could be classed as defamatory before ye go any further people.

kn wrote: »
    These statements could be classed as defamatory before ye go any further people.

Really? I thought informing people of a "chancer" in the community wouldve been a good thing...my bad!!!

Apologies to all who may have any contact with him in the future so!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

You should hook with the oscar pistorius legal team.... Your wasted round here ;)

Yes indeed, we have no idea if encore is indeed a fat bitch, we had better let this one lie for a while

Yes indeed, we have no idea if encore is indeed a fat bitch, we had better let this one lie for a while

Classic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So hes a liar as well as a bad mechanic? Lol

• Advertisement

Really? I thought informing people of a "chancer" in the community wouldve been a good thing...my bad!!!

The point is that we have only your word (the word of someone making these statements while hiding behind a pseudonym) whereas the person who is the subject of the allegation is named. Do not make such allegations about a named person unless you have a link. Boards.ie would be compelled by the Courts to reveal your real identity if someone takes a defamation action against any comments made on here - there is no freedom to defame on the internet in Ireland.

The point is that we have only your word (the word of someone making these statements while hiding behind a pseudonym) whereas the person who is the subject of the allegation is named. Do not make such allegations about a named person unless you have link. Boards.ie would be compelled by the Courts to reveal your real identity if someday takes a defamation action against any comments made on here - there is no freedom to defame on the internet in Ireland.

Sorry, who are you?!

Sorry, who are you?!

Is that of any relevance? I'm just pointing out to you the legal situation in Ireland. Ultimately anyone who might feel so inclined can go to a Court and obtain an Order against a website compelling them to identity a user.

What car mechanic in Tralee do people on this thread go to?

Is that of any relevance? I'm just pointing out to you the legal situation in Ireland. Ultimately anyone who might feel so inclined can go to a Court and obtain an Order against a website compelling them to identity a user.

Are you a moderator?!

I go to DJ Fitz up in Rathass.

Galvin Autos in Killarney (oops)

Are you a moderator?!

Good point!!!!

I'm beginning to think that the mechanic was at least half right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Are you a moderator?!
    I think they are trying to be helpful.

It's up to you to heed or ignore the suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement