Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

groovie wrote: »
    7 posts to 6000, come on Tralee, we can do it!!!

It would 60,000 if it wasn't for all the chopping on here over the last year...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

kn wrote: »
    It would 60,000 if it wasn't for all the chopping on here over the last year...........

7024 to be exact ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

At what time does the St. Patrick's Day Parade start ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

At what time does the St. Patrick's Day Parade start ?

it leaves from the Horan centre at 12pm

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The little one is marching today for her 1st time, kinda excited about the parade for the 1st time in years!!

• Advertisement

did anyone go to the circus while it was in town? hear any reviews about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Must have been the first marathon yesterday that the runners had to run between cars,the roundabout at the top of Rock Street was backed up yesterday and then the runners had run around the cars.

I think the route needs to be re drawn for it next year.

Must have been the first marathon yesterday that the runners had to run between cars,the roundabout at the top of Rock Street was backed up yesterday and then the runners had run around the cars.

I think the route needs to be re drawn for it next year.

Fair comment. Perhaps diverting cars away from the race rather than redrawing the marathon route?????

bobdcow wrote: »
    The little one is marching today for her 1st time, kinda excited about the parade for the 1st time in years!!

Hope you enjoyed the parade.

There was a big crowd in town for the parade, thankfully the weather remained dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fair comment. Perhaps diverting cars away from the race rather than redrawing the marathon route?????

Its something that has to be looked at for next year,I thought last years marathon route worked well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Sully34 wrote: »
    I guess its okay for some eh

What's your point sully ?!?!? Your talking through your hole again????

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Clab mor wrote: »
    What's your point sully ?!?!? Your talking through your hole again????

Come on you seem like a clever enough chap. Figure it out for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

The Town was left looking like a drug den after the marathon. There was clothes just dumped everywhere with empty bottles and silver foil all over the place. Kind of like Clab Mors bedroom I would imagine

Its something that has to be looked at for next year,I thought last years marathon route worked well.

Yes indeed. Certainly something needs to be done to keep the cars back from the runners. The current arrangement is not fair to runners nor motorists.

Nonetheless the event was very well organised. I guess the Marathon will go from strength to strength over the coming years.

It has certainly grabbed the attention of runners throughout the country.

Tralee is a popular location, to spend a few days away and take in the marathon. Besides the area must offer runners some of the best scenery in Ireland.

Did anyone try the green ice cream cones from the shop opposite the Brandon?

They looked delicious!

Sully34 wrote: »
    The Town was left looking like a drug den after the marathon. There was clothes just dumped everywhere with empty bottles and silver foil all over the place. Kind of like Clab Mors bedroom I would imagine

Fair enough it must be a nice place to be though.... Inside your little head... You Kids have great imaginations.

BTW as a side note I thought the organising committee did a fantastic job returning the town and marathon route back to normal. Fair play.

Anyone else come across this little vid from failte Ireland??? Very proud and patriotic piece.

http://youtu.be/9wmIZEl1nSo

Fair enough it must be a nice place to be though.... Inside your little head... You Kids have great imaginations.

BTW as a side note I thought the organising committee did a fantastic job returning the town and marathon route back to normal. Fair play.

Anyone else come across this little vid from failte Ireland??? Very proud and patriotic piece.

http://youtu.be/9wmIZEl1nSo

I agree the marathon organising committee did a super job returning the race route and Town back to normal.

Yes I just spotted the video clip a few minutes ago. Proud to be Irish !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I agree the marathon organising committee did a super job returning the race route and Town back to normal.

Yes I just spotted the video clip a few minutes ago. Proud to be Irish !

I always thought you were English!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I always thought you were English!

He was, till we won the six nations on Saturday! :)

Bord Failte video.

8 million visitors to Ireland in 2013. Fabulous!

Any visitors who visited Ireland during July , August, September experienced our Mediterranean climate and saw the scenery at its very best.

Roll on Summer 2014. Hopefully it will be as good as last year and we may receive 10 million visitors.

Be proud , be positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Be proud , be positive!

Are you running in May? That's a campaign slogan to build on.

He was, till we won the six nations on Saturday! :)

We are the Champions !!!!

groovie wrote: »
    Are you running in May? That's a campaign slogan to build on.

In the marathon?

Oh , the election(s) ??

Nah! I would not get enough votes to become the village rat catcher!!!!

Though I genuinely believe Ireland has a lot to be proud of, and people should not be slow in putting forward all the positive things that Ireland has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

What was going on in the square today with the gangs of young ones

adam88 wrote: »

Prob something to do with it being St Patricks Day I'd say.

adam88 wrote: »

there was dancing in the middle of the square from 2 to about 4 i'd say we left at quarter past 3 when my one was finished, but it seemed like the place everything was happening unless you wanted to go to a dog show in pairc an phiarsaigh.

There was 4 guards around, but they stayed static and moved about every 15-20 mins, the young ones were messing but didn't seem to be out of hand - was a good day overall down there.

Hope you enjoyed the parade.

There was a big crowd in town for the parade, thankfully the weather remained dry.

you know i'd say it was the best parade Tralee put on in a few years, really enjoyed it but i supposed i was biased with the little one marching and dancing. she was at the start of her group the whole way down but when the rte camera showed them in the news the kiddies were at the back :(

there was a few times i was sure the rain would come but thankfully it stayed off, it would have ruined a good day.

bobdcow wrote: »
    there was dancing in the middle of the square from 2 to about 4 i'd say we left at quarter past 3 when my one was finished, but it seemed like the place everything was happening unless you wanted to go to a dog show in pairc an phiarsaigh.

There was 4 guards around, but they stayed static and moved about every 15-20 mins, the young ones were messing but didn't seem to be out of hand - was a good day overall down there.

That's great to hear I didn't make it in to the town centre myself.

Unfortunately knowing this thread it'll be blown up to be a mass riot or teen orgy or some other nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Unfortunately knowing this thread it'll be blown up to be a mass riot or teen orgy or some other nonsense.

There was unfortunately. There was drumming from the Tralee Resource Centre percussion band & Zumba demonstrations between 2-4, but a little after it was over, approx 50-60 teens seemed to want to drive Gillettes share price thru the roof with purchases of shaving foam, it got a bit messy as you can guess, but at least shaving foam washes out easily enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Joes gona get it from me tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement