Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

groovie wrote: »
    A black Saab? Awesome.

not sure of the model or the year, but it was beautiful looking car, i'd say he felt like royalty driving it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I found a car I had two years ago last week, in the scrapyard with a Passat on its roof and many parts harvested off it. Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

I must admit i get a bit annoyed at these comments about their being nothing for Kids to do in Tralee. In reality there is now more than ever things to do in terms of entertainment, clubs, sports, societies etc.
    However the fact remains that Kids often just want to hang around with their mates and this of course often leads to an element of messing such as the recent foam fights, drinking games etc. But this is certainly not because their is nothing to do in Tralee! That's just a weak excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

kn wrote: »
    You have to wait a number of weeks for the licence in the post but they give you a letter to cover you with the Guards in the interim.

Thanks .

Another "improvement" to the service. I remember renewing the Licence at the County Council the last time and you got the new one there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

They weren't selling the green spray cans to under-18s. They wanted to spray each other with something, at least Gillette doesnt stick to walls :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Have an international visitor over until Monday. He is dying to see some live GAA. Is there anywhere preferably around Tralee that we could catch some GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

esprimo wrote: »
    Have an international visitor over until Monday. He is dying to see some live GAA. Is there anywhere preferably around Tralee that we could catch some GAA?

Was checking the local club fixtures,nearest game on in Tralee next weekend is on Sunday in Ballymac,the rest of the clubs based around Tralee are playing away,its the first round of the County League.

Ballymac are home to St Marys(Cahersiveen) and its down for a 2pm throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Castleisland Desmonds are playing St Pats (Blennerville) at the same time Sunday as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kimbaines wrote: »
    I must admit i get a bit annoyed at these comments about their being nothing for Kids to do in Tralee. In reality there is now more than ever things to do in terms of entertainment, clubs, sports, societies etc.
    However the fact remains that Kids often just want to hang around with their mates and this of course often leads to an element of messing such as the recent foam fights, drinking games etc. But this is certainly not because their is nothing to do in Tralee! That's just a weak excuse!

Agree totally.

Furthermore there is a complete lack of parental control

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

kimbaines wrote: »

But this is certainly not because their is nothing to do in Tralee! That's just a weak excuse!

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kids these days! Is it just me or are they exactly the same as they were when I was their age?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

keane2097 wrote: »
    Kids these days! Is it just me or are they exactly the same as they were when I was their age?

no, I personally don't think so! I wasn't allowed hang around town for hours on end, sreaming & shouting in the streets and I certainly wasn't drinking in my early teens, nor were my friends! This was the 90's, not that long ago in my opinion. I also remember us all having better manners, and not being rude to adults!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    no, I personally don't think so! I wasn't allowed hang around town for hours on end, sreaming & shouting in the streets and I certainly wasn't drinking in my early teens, nor were my friends! This was the 90's, not that long ago in my opinion. I also remember us all having better manners, and not being rude to adults!

I agree.

Family values, good manners, respect for others don't exist anymore or are very thin on the ground.

Simple things like addressing someone like an Aunt or Uncle for example. Kids simply address them by their Christian name. Some kids even address their parents by their Christian names.

When I was growing up neighbours were addressed by their title and surname, Mr, Mrs, Dr. Rev.Capt. etc.

I am horrified when children refer to their Grandparents by their Christian name.

I go back to my earlier statement, there must be parental control!

Ok , so I'm old fashioned............................

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

1990????? That's nearly a quarter of a century !!!!!! ; ) ; )

murdig wrote: »
    They weren't selling the green spray cans to under-18s. They wanted to spray each other with something, at least Gillette doesnt stick to walls :rolleyes:

It may not stick to walls but can destroy the paintwork of a car !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It may not stick to walls but can destroy the paintwork of a car !!

someone told me yesterday that loads of cars were covered in the stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I think it was a silly string type thing, squirting out of a can, it was for sale in the euro shop at the corner by subway.

Clab mor wrote: »
    1990????? That's nearly a quarter of a century !!!!!! ; ) ; )

the mid 90's...not 1990! I'm only 37!! and anyway it doesn't feel like that long ago to me! Now I know what my parents were on about when I was younger & they used to say the same to me!;)

Are there no youth groups anymore? We had Social Action and SAM when I was a teen. I was in Social Action when I was 15 & I had a ball that year. We made so many new friends, who I still know to this day. It was a great way to meet new people outside of who we went to school with. I still remember doing the fashion show in Horan's, it was such a laugh!! My sisters were both in SAM and they too loved being involved in it. I know my sister tried to get SAM going again with a few others, but the kids really had no interest and it was impossible to get numbers to join, despite going around the schools to encourage them. Its a pity as they were really good fun!

bobdcow wrote: »
    I think it was a silly string type thing, squirting out of a can, it was for sale in the euro shop at the corner by subway.

I noticed its still stuck on windows of a few places & pathways! There hasn't been much rain since, so I suppose it'll soon wash off!

someone told me yesterday that loads of cars were covered in the stuff!

I wonder will the kids parents pay for the damage?

Sure they won't because their little guy did not do it. Furthermore what do you expect will happen if you legally park your car in town on St. Patrick's Day.!

• Advertisement

the mid 90's...not 1990! I'm only 37!! and anyway it doesn't feel like that long ago to me! Now I know what my parents were on about when I was younger & they used to say the same to me!

Old folks home for you next I'd say :)

All jokes aside I do agree re manners on young people. I'm also in my 30's and I was brought up it the same way as del was describing. To this day I still have trouble addressing my in-laws. Calling them by there first names still feels disrespectful (even after 6 years) but the use or mr or mrs only leaves me wide open to have the piss taken outa me as one could imagine. I try an avoid the situation at all costs.

I noticed its still stuck on windows of a few places & pathways! There hasn't been much rain since, so I suppose it'll soon wash off!

Ironically rain water is perhaps the best for removing this gunge!!

Anyway it looks like there is plenty of rain and storms on the way.

I'm out of here................

All jokes aside I do agree re manners on young people. I'm also in my 30's and I was brought up it the same way as del was describing. To this day I still have trouble addressing my in-laws. Calling them by there first names still feels disrespectful (even after 6 years) but the use or mr or mrs only leaves me wide open to have the piss taken outa me as one could imagine. I try an avoid the situation at all costs.

Name already down for Fatima on Oakpark Road !!

We had a lady who worked for us for many many years and only retired a few months ago, but to this day, my Mother still calls her Mrs XYZ, she never uses her first name, eventhough I would! There a people who call my mother Mrs. Ciarrai and she hates it LOL

I just hate when you have kids/teens come into shops, and are messing or whatever, and you ask them to please be careful or stop doing whatever, and they are as rude! I have been called so many disgusting names by kids no more than 13 years old! Who teaches them to speak that way? They also do not know the words 'please' or 'thank you'! I know not every one is like that, but there are a lot of bad mannered kids in this town!

I remember my mother giving me serious grief once when I was about 13/14 because someone told her that I had been shouting in the street with my friends! It wasn't exactly true, I had been calling out to a friend accross the street & probably speaking loud asking them where they were going etc. I was extra careful to keep quiet after that for fear of being grounded again!:(

Name already down for Fatima on Oakpark Road !!

nah, into the place next to the library! It used to be called Chesswood nursing home when I was in school, as my Grandmother spent the last 8 years of her life in there. I can't remember what its called now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

nah, into the place next to the library! It used to be called Chesswood nursing home when I was in school, as my Grandmother spent the last 8 years of her life in there. I can't remember what its called now!

Alzheimer's is it? ;)
    St Louis' nursing home .

We had a lady who worked for us for many many years and only retired a few months ago, but to this day, my Mother still calls her Mrs XYZ, she never uses her first name, eventhough I would! There a people who call my mother Mrs. Ciarrai and she hates it LOL

I just hate when you have kids/teens come into shops, and are messing or whatever, and you ask them to please be careful or stop doing whatever, and they are as rude! I have been called so many disgusting names by kids no more than 13 years old! Who teaches them to speak that way? They also do not know the words 'please' or 'thank you'! I know not every one is like that, but there are a lot of bad mannered kids in this town!

I remember my mother giving me serious grief once when I was about 13/14 because someone told her that I had been shouting in the street with my friends! It wasn't exactly true, I had been calling out to a friend accross the street & probably speaking loud asking them where they were going etc. I was extra careful to keep quiet after that for fear of being grounded again!:(

I suspect the internet and social media have a lot to play in it. Any child/u18 with a smart phone/laptop can access a world of inappropriate content nowadays.

When Internet access was confined to the home PC it was easier to police. Most PC's were in family areas of the home and one wouldn't dream of even clicking on something that might cause a stir.

Unfortunatly most teens now have smart phones tablets and personal laptops and are left to surf content which is totally inappropriate.

It then becomes acceptable to teens to act in the same way as it's almost considered "the norm".

There's a violent video floating about of a young lad in Dublin getting an all merciful kick to the head during St Patricks Day celebrations.

When I was a teen I'd never have come across that type of violence so easily.

Worst I was ever subject to was WWF and MTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Another example of job bridge piss taking

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

Another example of job bridge piss taking

Thanks for posting this - I just don't know what to say!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

2013LEO wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this - I just don't know what to say!!

I stop in that garage every evening on the way home from work for coffee. Its a gold mine, and there pulling **** like this.

May have to find a different coffee stop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement