Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

kimbaines wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything about Tir na Nog this Easter? Is it happening? Its great for the Kids.

Its on alright:
    http://www.tralee.ie/what-to-do/festivals-and-events/tir-na-nog-childrens-festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

unkymo wrote: »
    From the Abbey Inn facebook page;

'We are delighted to announce that their is no more cover charge at the ABBEY INN'

World must be ending!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

bobdcow wrote: »
    does dorrington still have his porche?

He's always had tasty motors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Coming home from work this evening, about 5 o clock on the Killarney to Tralee road. About two miles outside Killarney on a long straight stretch of road, I see a Jeep coming towards me.

Now the Jeep is only doing about twenty miles an hour, but it has at least 30 vehicles behind it. Of course as soon as the cars behind the Jeep see the stretch of road, they all start overtaking like lunatics.

So as I get closer to the Jeep, i see its emblazened with Healy rae stickers. And Danny Healy rae himself driving, while having a great chat with the phone up to he's ear. Totally oblivious to everything going on around him.

What kind of a cretin is this guy?

He's supposed to be a public representative and this is how he drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I have an hour commute to and from work every day, it is so scary how some people drive, there is one car in particular that I'm amazed the driver hasn't been killed with some of the overtakes he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I'm not so sure, car valeting is a menial job that is done by unskilled workers. It doesn't require a 4 year college degree, it isn't something that need 6 months of training to teach someone how to wax, buff, wash & hoover a car.
    Personally, I don't blame the employer, the system is there to be used (and abused) so if he can get a person to work for 50 euro a week, fair play, it could be the difference between him going under & surviving. But lets not kid ourselves into thinking that this is what job bridge is supposed to be about, the system needs to change. The employers contribution has to be increased, €100 would weed out the people who are genuinely looking to take someone on, and those who are looking for free labour. It would also make it more appealing to prospective employees knowing they had a real chance of a position after the 6 month term is up.

I'm afraid the employer gives absolutely nothing. The 50 comes from the government

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Coming home from work this evening, about 5 o clock on the Killarney to Tralee road. About two miles outside Killarney on a long straight stretch of road, I see a Jeep coming towards me.

Now the Jeep is only doing about twenty miles an hour, but it has at least 30 vehicles behind it. Of course as soon as the cars behind the Jeep see the stretch of road, they all start overtaking like lunatics.

So as I get closer to the Jeep, i see its emblazened with Healy rae stickers. And Danny Healy rae himself driving, while having a great chat with the phone up to he's ear. Totally oblivious to everything going on around him.

I would have reported him, his family are a joke!! Sure wasn't his brother driving while on the phone & taking notes recently while filming a documentary?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have an hour commute to and from work every day, it is so scary how some people drive, there is one car in particular that I'm amazed the driver hasn't been killed with some of the overtakes he does

we had the closest thing ever to a serious accident a few weeks ago when we were in Galway. We were driving in Connemara & noticed a 4x4 BMW coming up behind us overtaking the car behind us...we thought he would just pull in between us & the car he was overtaking, as there was another 4x4 coming up on other side of road, but he kept coming & it was a pure & utter miracle how he didn't hit them and us! I almost had a heart attack on top of it! I tried to get his reg, but he drove off so fast that we couldn't catch up! It was terrifying, and sickening at the same time. I hope to God he gets caught sometime before he kills someone.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Is that a multiple choice question?

And he will probably be representing Kerry as a TD after the next election. At least up to then i can blame South Kerry:)

I'd love to get one of those dash cams for the car, if anything ever happened at least it could be replayed back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

adam88 wrote: »
    I'm afraid the employer gives absolutely nothing. The 50 comes from the government

You are quite correct. The 50 extra is from the taxpayer. My basic point was that the employer should have to make a financial contribution to the package, it would weed out the people looking to take advantage of the scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

No he didn't, all he ever had was Porsche 911's, horrendous cars!

I'd love to get one of those dash cams for the car, if anything ever happened at least it could be replayed back

we were saying the same after that! with the idiotic drivers in this town alone, it would be very interesting viewing!

Is a 911 not a tasty motor?? Jaysus I'd love one :-)

I'm definitely ordering one this weekend. There not that expensive and everything is recorded on to an SD card!

I'm definitely ordering one this weekend. There not that expensive and everything is recorded on to an SD card!

When it's set up and running would you mind posting a small/quick review of it, would be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Lionel still has the Porsche

When it's set up and running would you mind posting a small/quick review of it, would be interesting

It'll probably be a few weeks before its delivered. I'll order it from China.

Id say there fairly easy to set up and run.

It'll probably be a few weeks before its delivered. I'll order it from China.

Id say there fairly easy to set up and run.

i'd say a suction cup for window, and power lead to the cigarette port or what ever they call that now! and away you go :-)

i'd say a suction cup for window, and power lead to the cigarette port or what ever they call that now! and away you go :-)

I've just had a quick look there. About 40 dollars delivered. HD PIC saved to SD card. Built in battery, and suction cupped to windscreen.

• Advertisement

I've just had a quick look there. About 40 dollars delivered. HD PIC saved to SD card. Built in battery, and suction cupped to windscreen.

sounds good, hopefully it'll work out for you, if you have a good experience with it i'd say i'd follow ya

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Were forecast for snow tomorrow according to Met Eireann. Dont know how that will pan out though, we havent got any this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

About two miles outside Killarney on a long straight stretch of road, I see a Jeep coming towards me....Now the Jeep is only doing about twenty miles an hour, but it has at least 30 vehicles behind it......emblazened with Healy rae stickers. And Danny Healy rae himself driving, while having a great chat with the phone up to he's ear.

I guess they were all Fianna Failers rushing to get to the Ard Fheis in Killarney.

I guess they were all Fianna Failers rushing to get to the Ard Fheis in Killarney.

That reminds me, I must double lock all the windows and doors before I go to bed tonight.

There wasn't a brown envelope to be bought in the county today.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Lionel still has the Porsche
    I only ever see him up on his bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I would have reported him, his family are a joke!! Sure wasn't his brother driving while on the phone & taking notes recently while filming a documentary?

They remind me of D ' unbelievables !

It amazes me how they get votes.

They epitomise Kute Kerry Hoorism at it's very best

Of course the electorate get what they vote for.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    we had the closest thing ever to a serious accident a few weeks ago when we were in Galway. We were driving in Connemara & noticed a 4x4 BMW coming up behind us overtaking the car behind us...we thought he would just pull in between us & the car he was overtaking, as there was another 4x4 coming up on other side of road, but he kept coming & it was a pure & utter miracle how he didn't hit them and us! I almost had a heart attack on top of it! I tried to get his reg, but he drove off so fast that we couldn't catch up! It was terrifying, and sickening at the same time. I hope to God he gets caught sometime before he kills someone.:mad:

Bad manners on the road absolutely no excuse. Thankfully no one was injured.

Pity you did not get the reg no. Driver deserves to loose his licence.

They remind me of D ' unbelievables !

It amazes me how they get votes.

They epitomise Kute Kerry Hoorism at it's very best

Of course the electorate get what they vote for.

I pass him on the road a lot. He usually wears ear muffs that you would wear on a building site, while driving the Jeep.

I find it hard to believe that no guard has seen him driving with them on yet!

Interesting. I was driving through Firies two weeks ago. There was a removal taking place at the funeral home. Healy Rae's aforementioned Jeep was illegally parked causing an obstruction ,across the road from the funeral home, emblazened with with vote Healy Rae posters.
    How low can these guys go to get a vote ?

• Advertisement

I pass him on the road a lot. He usually wears ear muffs that you would wear on a building site, while driving the Jeep.

I find it hard to believe that no guard has seen him driving with them on yet!

Probably part of their act looking for attention???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement