Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I'm definitely ordering one this weekend. There not that expensive and everything is recorded on to an SD card!

Brilliant idea. I would buy one if you find it a success and will make use of it at the Strand Street , Chapel Street roundabout when visiting Tralee.

The revised layout has been in place a number of months now. I have yet to see a driver negotiate the roundabout.

I guess a few postings on You Tube may help prevent a serious accident?

unkymo wrote: »
    From the Abbey Inn facebook page;

'We are delighted to announce that their is no more cover charge at the ABBEY INN'

Paying to go into a pub? No one could pay me to set foot into that place!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

I pass him on the road a lot. He usually wears ear muffs that you would wear on a building site, while driving the Jeep.

I find it hard to believe that no guard has seen him driving with them on yet!

I've seen him drive with the ear muffs on and the mobile phone wedged between his ear and the ear muff..... Hands free soloution I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Clab mor wrote: »
    I've seen him drive with the ear muffs on and the mobile phone wedged between his ear and the ear muff..... Hands free soloution I guess.

Christ almighty.

He's like a sketch out of the d'unbelievables!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

Christ almighty.

He's like a sketch out of the d'unbelievables!

Or Killinascully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Maybe it's just me but it really bugs me when politicians go to funerals just to be seen, there were a few politicians at my parents funerals who I know they didn't vote for or agree with.

Healy Rae is ment to be a great man for turning up at funerals!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

They remind me of D ' unbelievables !

It amazes me how they get votes.

Of course the electorate get what they vote for.

They get grants and lots of them for their constituency. I wouldn't put them down as worse than the majority of politicians in the country. They know their audience well. Parish pump politics is how this country runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

bobdcow wrote: »
    Is a 911 not a tasty motor?? Jaysus I'd love one :-)

Just say to any owner that they are VW Beetles with a slightly different hat on and wait for the response....

xxyyzz wrote: »
    They get grants and lots of them for their constituency. I wouldn't put them down as worse than the majority of politicians in the country. They know their audience well. Parish pump politics is how this country runs.

They know how to work their audience to get votes. No fools at all, old fashioned Kute Hoorism at its very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

They know how to work their audience to get votes. No fools at all, old fashioned Kute Hoorism at its very best.

Everyone should visit Jackies Pub at least once.
    It's a 1970s time capsule!

• Advertisement

All part of the image !

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

the Strand Street , Chapel Street roundabout when visiting Tralee. The revised layout has been in place a number of months now.

I think the county council should be commended on the design of the new miniroundabout! It is a million times saver for pedestrians. The raised table crossings work in that they slow the approaching traffic down. Car drivers are big enough and bold enough to negotiate the lilttle roundabout when they get that far.

I go through the mini roundabout 6 or 7 times a day and find that it works best when one car from each approach goes and then the remaining cars wait while the other three cars go in turn.

The laundrette operator really should not park his van in the roundabout.

In relation to our "country bumkin politicians" (from Kilgarvan or Ballymac!) recent changes with the abolition of the urban councils will mean that us townies in Tralee and Killarney have ceded much influence to our rural brothers. I urge town dwellers to vote for town based politicians to maintain urban focus in our local government.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Once is enough ! I couldn't believe what a dump it was, had one pint and ran for the door

In relation to our "country bumkin politicians" (from Kilgarvan or Ballymac!) recent changes with the abolition of the urban councils will mean that us townies in Tralee and Killarney have ceded much influence to our rural brothers. I urge town dwellers to vote for town based politicians to maintain urban focus in our local government.

Agree with you Rev.

The Townies need to get off their chairs and go out and vote on Election Day.

At the end of the day the electorate will get what they vote for.

Irrespective of political backgrounds perhaps people should consider the individual candidates whom they would be happy to have represent them .

No doubt there will be plenty of able candidates to choose from on the Ballot Paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

The rule of the road are not applicable if you are a Healy from Rae

299758.jpg

Two road traffic violations, parking on a public footpath and parking on a double yellow line.

Thank you for photo.

Tis d'unbelieveable !;)

tfer wrote: »
    Once is enough ! I couldn't believe what a dump it was, had one pint and ran for the door

Passed the place numerous times.
    Was tempted to go in on one occasion. Then I woke up. Bad dream!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I love the light on top of the posters, can you imagine in the dark of night and he parading around towns with the light on, he must have a megafone in there too :-)

kingdumb wrote: »
    Two road traffic violations, parking on a public footpath and parking on a double yellow line.
    and parking in a junction! This photo is a few years old and was taken on College St / Clovers Lane in Killarney at the Vodafone shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

5live wrote: »
    Is that a multiple choice question?

And he will probably be representing Kerry as a TD after the next election. At least up to then i can blame South Kerry:)

Small correction re Healy Rae... It is wee Johnny who is trying to be elected not Danny...Had Michael at the gate a few weeks ago.. canvassing with Johnnys wife.. I said I was not registered to vote so he nipped to his car and got me the forms to register.. needless to say!!!! Grateful for the chance to vote I am..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Graces7 wrote: »
    Small correction re Healy Rae... It is wee Johnny who is trying to be elected not Danny...Had Michael at the gate a few weeks ago.. canvassing with Johnnys wife.. I said I was not registered to vote so he nipped to his car and got me the forms to register.. needless to say!!!! Grateful for the chance to vote I am..;)
    Yeah, in the council elections in a few weeks time.

Dail elections in 12-18 months time and Michael will be running for TD for Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

On that theme, don't forget the cinema in listowel

Small correction re Healy Rae... It is wee Johnny who is trying to be elected not Danny...
    Johnny is MCC for the Killorglin area and Danny is MCC for the Killarney area. We have to be thankfull that there no HR's running in Tralee or Listowel.

5live wrote: »
    Yeah, in the council elections in a few weeks time.

Dail elections in 12-18 months time and Michael will be running for TD for Kerry.

I am now VERY confused! Someone told me Johnny was running for TD now.

So in May who is being elected where if they win .... please... I am all at sea re politics anyways but want to get this right.

Did you hear the youtube sound thingie of them calling a farmer latelection? Sounded drunk as a skunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

On that theme, don't forget the cinema in listowel

I went there once. That was an experience.

Johnny is MCC for the Killorglin area and Danny is MCC for the Killarney area. We have to be thankfull that there no HR's running in Tralee or Listowel.[/QUOTE

He left me a calendar with all that but I am now more confused than ever.. so many of them with the same names.

If Johhny is aleady MCC why are they canvassing like this now?

I am caught in the middle of Healy Rae territory..

If Johhny is aleady MCC why are they canvassing like this now?

I am caught in the middle of Healy Rae territory..

Because Danny and Johnny are running for re-election in the local (county council) elections in Friday, 23 May 2014. Michael will be running in the five seat Kerry Dail constituency at the next Dail election in about two years time.

Because Danny and Johnny are running for re-election in the local (county council) elections in Friday, 23 May 2014. Michael will be running in the five seat Kerry Dail constituency at the next Dail election in about two years time.

GOT IT So Danny will be round canvassing too soon?

Ay me!

As long as I can vote for anyone but them!

Sent the reg forms in after getting it all signed by the Gardai.. would not be doing this were it not for the HR family!..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Johnny is MCC for the Killorglin area and Danny is MCC for the Killarney area. We have to be thankfull that there no HR's running in Tralee or Listowel.

Not yet. You never know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement