Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

On that theme, don't forget the cinema in listowel

They did it up recently. It's no multiplex but it has improved. It has "character"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Does anyone know if Kerry school of judo is still going? Their website is down http://www.kerryschoolofjudo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Does anyone know if Kerry school of judo is still going? Their website is down http://www.kerryschoolofjudo.com/

There's a lad at work who does judo in kielduff so that one is still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

Dont know about Judo, but the Taekwon-do is still going:
    http://www.taekwondo.ie/information/ita_national_club_directory/kingdom_schools_of_taekwon-do_tralee-44.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Radio5 wrote: »
    Not yet. You never know.

Don't underestimate these guys! They are no fools at all, at all!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Depends on your definition of "fool"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Anyone recommend anyone for car valeting in tralee?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Vain wrote: »
    Anyone recommend anyone for car valeting in tralee?

there are a couple of Eastern European guys up accross from McDonalds (in by Boyle's tyres) who do valeting and are good. My dad used them last year and the car was spotless!

Do the Healy Rae women not ... forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I'll second Ciarraí on that one, they are busy so that's a good sign, I used Fresh valeting before don't know are they still up in the clash industrial estate, or is it the boyles estate, the one next to the old Goblin factory

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    there are a couple of Eastern European guys up accross from McDonalds (in by Boyle's tyres) who do valeting and are good. My dad used them last year and the car was spotless!

I thought they were French? At least the head guy is anyway.

I used them about 6 months ago. Full valet and shampooed the seats and carpets. And the boot for 100 euro. Car was spotless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I used them about 6 months ago. Full valet and shampooed the seats and carpets. And the boot for 100 euro. Car was spotless.

Any internships going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Anyone here know anyone who breeds/has chickens/poultry? They've gone very scarce altogether ....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I don't know, I met one of them and I am pretty sure he wasn't French! My dad referred to them as Polish, so unless its different guys you are thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Stressica wrote: »
    Anyone here know anyone who breeds/has chickens/poultry? They've gone very scarce altogether ....

Kellihers in clash have poultry sales fairly regularly. If you give them your mobile number they will notify you about a week in advance. If I think of it when I get a notification I will PM you as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

They still train in Kielduff on Tuesday evenings and a few other places other nights of the week, not sure where though.
    Try their Facebook if you want to get in contact:
    www.facebook.com/kerryschoolofjudo

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I don't know, I met one of them and I am pretty sure he wasn't French! My dad referred to them as Polish, so unless its different guys you are thinking of?

Polish Pete he is known by in the Motor Business. They are a fantastic team of guys.Certainly the best in Kerry . They aldo do quite an amount of work for local
    Motor Garages..Excllent imho.

Polish Pete he is known by in the Motor Business. They are a fantastic team of guys.Certainly the best in Kerry . They aldo do quite an amount of work for local
    Motor Garages..Excllent imho.

yes, that's him! When my dad was getting his car serviced up in Rathass, they then brought it over to Pete to have the car valeted. I had to pick it up for him & it was spotless. Nice guys too.

Stressica wrote: »

http://www.coolwoodwildlifepark.com/

They have poultry sales in the season.
    Also some of the local markets eg Kenmare.

Stock markets also...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

If anyone is looking for something to do this Friday night (28th March), theres a fundraiser on in The Grand Hotel at 8.30 in aid of Killahan National School Autism Unit. Deirdre Walsh (Radio Kerry) will be hosting a night of conversation & music. Guests include Dara O'Cinneide, Micheal O'Muircheartaigh & Edmond Harty (Dairymaster). Cost €10. There will also be a raffle on the night for tickets to Nathan Carter, a signed Kerry Jersey & other prizes.

• Advertisement

Heading off traveling around South East Asia for 5 months in a couple of weeks. I want to get some decent sized Zip Lock bags to separate out things in my back pack. Does anyone know where I can get such things in Tralee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

you could try using stuff sacks you would get them in landers, lyons and other places.

larger types of ziplock bags would be bought in a Stationary shop like polymath or easons

Heading off traveling around South East Asia for 5 months in a couple of weeks. I want to get some decent sized Zip Lock bags to separate out things in my back pack. Does anyone know where I can get such things in Tralee ?

Have an enjoyable & safe trip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Our 'friend' again. I'll refrain from comment as any comment would possibly be defamatory.
    A chef has been refused High Court injunctions in a dispute over his dismissal and over an alleged partnership agreement at a Dublin restaurant.

Lee Bradshaw, who claims he helped establish the Copper Bar and Grill at the Beacon South Quarter in Sandyford, sought the injunctions pending the hearing of his full action against partners in the restaurant.

He initiated court proceedings arising from his purported dismissal late last year, and, pending the full hearing, sought injunctions against William and Claire Murphy, Banna Road, Ardfert Tralee, Co Kerry; Joseph Murphy, Skhanagh, Tralee and the Copper Bar and Grill Ltd.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/tv-chef-lee-bradshaw-refused-injunctions-in-restaurant-dispute-30128514.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

"TV Chef"? :confused: Shouldn't that be waiter?

11811 wrote: »
    "TV Chef"? :confused: Shouldn't that be waiter?

very true, he was not a 'tv chef', he was clearly always a waiter on 'The Restaurant'!

sheesh wrote: »
    you could try using stuff sacks you would get them in landers, lyons and other places.

larger types of ziplock bags would be bought in a Stationary shop like polymath or easons

Try Home Store and More in Manor Retail Park

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

I saw that there is a new clothes shop opening in Castle street, next to 'Sole Addiction'. I think its called 'Diva's & Dudes'? they apparently also have a shop in Castleisland. Good to see more businesses moving into the town centre!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement