Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

is the carlton, tralee, closed? traded at the craft fair last year. loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Graces7 wrote: »
    is the carlton, tralee, closed? traded at the craft fair last year. loved it.

No. Operating under new owners

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

I heard that Paul Galvin is being lined up to be part of the new Sky GAA coverage. This might be the main reason for the sudden retirement - he probably only had a year or two left anyway so it would be a smart move to make. Best of luck to Paul if the rumour is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I'm not really a pub goer, but are there any bars in town that do craft beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

not that I heard, asked the wife and she didn't know of any either, but on the topic, I'd love to do a tour of the Jameson factory in Middleton, and the bushmills up north, they are on the to do list.

Has anyone ever been on tours like that?

• Advertisement

bobdcow wrote: »
    not that I heard, asked the wife and she didn't know of any either, but on the topic, I'd love to do a tour of the Jameson factory in Middleton, and the bushmills up north, they are on the to do list.

I did the Guinness factory in Dublin all right. It was ok. Always meant to do the Jameson factory off the quays in Dublin but keep missing out when I'm up there

I wonder to Bulmers do a tour in Clonmel? :-) I'd love that

I wonder to Bulmers do a tour in Clonmel? :-) I'd love that

Dive into the vat & die a happy man?

spot on! I think the wife would jump in, not to save me but the drink as much as she could :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I'm not really a pub goer, but are there any bars in town that do craft beers?

Roundys, on brogue makers lane do some craft beers.

• Advertisement

11811 wrote: »

I've never been in there, but thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I've done the middleton, guinness and heineken tours and the middleton tour is head and shoulders above the rest. I'm not sure if they still do it but you used get a free invitation with every bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

11811 wrote: »

Thanks, didn't know that. The castle offie in boherbue has a superb selection. The rest of the pubs sell septic bilgewater to the masses.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Thanks, didn't know that. The castle offie in boherbue has a superb selection. The rest of the pubs sell septic bilgewater to the masses.

Currently drinking Paulaner in Baileys....c'mon Munster!

I've done the middleton, guinness and heineken tours and the middleton tour is head and shoulders above the rest. I'm not sure if they still do it but you used get a free invitation with every bottle

my god daughter lives in Middleton so next time i go and visit her I'll have to call in with her daddy. I have a few more bottles of Southern Comfort to go through before i'm allowed to buy any more whiskey!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I've never been in there, but thanks for the tip

yeah Roundy's have started doing Irish Craft beers, which is great to see. I can't understand why other bars are not doing it! They seem to be afraid to try something new, so I'm glad to see Roundy's took the step.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

For info, tickets for the Kerry/Cork match are on sale until 6pm today for €10 (they will be €15 tomorrow) in Garveys SuperValu, Centra, the Kerry GAA store in Killarney & the offices at Austin Stack Park - under 16s are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Currently drinking Paulaner in Baileys....c'mon Munster!

I like paulaner but I wouldn't consider it a craft beer. Its a mainstream German beer.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I like paulaner but I wouldn't consider it a craft beer. Its a mainstream German beer.

I know, but I wanted to watch the rugby & my choices were limited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    yeah Roundy's have started doing Irish Craft beers, which is great to see. I can't understand why other bars are not doing it! They seem to be afraid to try something new, so I'm glad to see Roundy's took the step.

To be fair, the latest incarnation of roundys is brilliant, the place was hopping last Sat night. They have added more decoration and features inside.
    There's a real nice vibe about the place now.
    I highly reccomend a pint in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

We completed the Middleton tour back in January. Great tour , well worth a visit

Also received the certificates for official whiskey tasters!!

I enjoyed the Smithwick's brewery tour in Kilkenny some years ago.

Also enjoyed the Budewiser Tour in Merrimack, New Hampshire, US. a few years ago. Also got to see the Clydesdale Horses. Fascinating Tour.

Finally for brandy lovers visited Hennessey in Cognac, France .Amazing tour , highly recommend it.

I did the Guinness one in Dublin over Christmas, and have been at the Heineken experience twice in Amsterdam, that was good too.

A few pages ago someone mentioned Dash Cameras.

Just to let you know they are now available for sale in Halfords out in Manor.

I was there today and spoke with Berni , the Store Manager. Halfords have only been stocking the Dash Cams for the last week or two.

They have quite a range of units .

If anyone is interested I suggest calling into Halfords, Berni and her team will be happy to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

I done the tour through the kegs out the back of Ritchies one evening. Fantastic it was, although a far wider selection at the back of the Rock Inn

I was there today and spoke with Berni , the Store Manager. Halfords have only been stocking the Dash Cams for the last week or two.

They have quite a range of units .

If anyone is interested I suggest calling into Halfords, Berni and her team will be happy to assist.

did you purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Sully34 wrote: »
    I done the tour through the kegs out the back of Ritchies one evening. Fantastic it was, although a far wider selection at the back of the Rock Inn

Well that's an improvement Sully. A bit of humour. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

kn wrote: »
    Well that's an improvement Sully. A bit of humour. :pac:

Humour???

How many monies Delboy?

How many monies Delboy?

Start at €89

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Start at €89

seems kind of expensive!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement