Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    seems kind of expensive!

Not bad tbh. slightly cheaper models available on internet. At least you can see what you are buying in Halfords. They will also demo and set up.

Small price to pay if someone runs into you and tries to offer conflicting evidence to Gardaí. Protect your licence and NCB !

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

89 is quite good, I haven't researched them much but I'd be expecting to pay about €100, so 89 is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

BBC2 now !

Very interesting documentary on coffee, the growth of coffee shop culture.

Fascinating

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

I see Lee Strand is advertising a competition to win tickets to the "sold out" One Direction concerts - for anyone that's interested, extra tickets for the concert are on sale this Friday!

Lee Strand are once again putting pressure on parents to buy their milk - the ad says you have to "simply" collect 10 tokens for each of the 5 draws & "you may enter the competition as many times as you like every week" - it would be nearly cheaper to buy the tickets, at least yr guaranteed to get tickets then. Shame on Lee Strand.

I also have to laugh at their radio ad where they say "you wouldnt wear another countys jersey so why drink another counties milk" - yet they have another countys colours on their milk cartons!

The Marketing section should seriously have a rethink. Both of their current campaigns wouldnt encourage me to buy their products anyway.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0407/607267-extra-one-direction-tickets-on-sale-this-friday/

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

2013LEO wrote: »
    I see Lee Strand is advertising a competition to win tickets to the "sold out" One Direction concerts - for anyone that's interested, extra tickets for the concert are on sale this Friday!

Lee Strand are once again putting pressure on parents to buy their milk - the ad says you have to "simply" collect 10 tokens for each of the 5 draws & "you may enter the competition as many times as you like every week" - it would be nearly cheaper to buy the tickets, at least yr guaranteed to get tickets then. Shame on Lee Strand.

I also have to laugh at their radio ad where they say "you wouldnt wear another countys jersey so why drink another counties milk" - yet they have another countys colours on their milk cartons!

The Marketing section should seriously have a rethink. Both of their current campaigns wouldnt encourage me to buy their products anyway.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0407/607267-extra-one-direction-tickets-on-sale-this-friday/

Well I have tasted some of the finest milk all over the World and I must say I have never tasted anything as good as Lee Strand. I know the guy who milks the cows and he has the most gentle softest hands.
    Its not fair to badmouth Lee Strand when they are not here to defend themselves.

Just thought I would get in there before the usual "brand police"

• Advertisement

Sully34 wrote: »
    As a Tralee man Im ashamed to admit that I have never been inside the Ashe Memorial Hall. Never seen a play in Siamsa Tire or rode on the Blennerville train. I never had a pint in Jess McCarthys,climbed the Croppy boy or watched a match in Austin Stacks Park. And worst of all I have never tried a crubeen out of the Green Rooster

Ya, sure we all know you're a great Tralee supporter! - :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I always buy Lee strand, it's not just because it's our local milk brand, but it's also lovely milk! They are only doing what every brand does, marketing! At €1.15 per litre it's not exactly going to break the bank! I'd be more concerned with any parent allowing they kids to even listen to that cr@p they call music! Thank God I don't have kids, they would be banned from it in my house!! Hahaha!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I always buy Lee strand, it's not just because it's our local milk brand, but it's also lovely milk! They are only doing what every brand does, marketing! At €1.15 per litre it's not exactly going to break the bank! I'd be more concerned with any parent allowing they kids to even listen to that cr@p they call music! Thank God I don't have kids, they would be banned from it in my house!! Hahaha!

€1.15 x 10 tokens x 5 weeks = €57.50 = price of a guaranteed ticket, compared to a chance to win.

Also, theres "marketing" & then theres "marketing aimed at kids" which is what Lee Strands main campaigns have been about. We'll agree to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

€1.15 x 10 tokens x 5 weeks = €57.50 = price of a guaranteed ticket, compared to a chance to win.

Also, theres "marketing" & then theres "marketing aimed at kids" which is what Lee Strands main campaigns have been about. We'll agree to disagree.
    Dont forget there are 50l of milk included, free, with that chance to win which isn't included in the ticket price at purchase.:D

Seriously though, is an adult going to buy milk for a small chance of winning a ticket for a concert or do they simply reckon it's a chance of winning a ticket for free with an item already being purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Parents might not have 60 quid upfront to buy a ticket and if they buy the milk anyway..
    As for the marketing aimed at kids, its not like Lee Strand make "cigarettes and alcohol". Ah Oasis, now they were a band

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »
    Dont forget there are 50l of milk included, free, with that chance to win which isn't included in the ticket price at purchase.:D

Everyone's different, I'd prefer to buy one ticket then spend the same money on a small chance of winning two.
    5live wrote: »
    Seriously though, is an adult going to buy milk for a small chance of winning a ticket for a concert or do they simply reckon it's a chance of winning a ticket for free with an item already being purchased?

Is this a serious question? :D:D

There is a dodgy looking geezer hanging around the Holy Family with a couple of cartons

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

There is a dodgy looking geezer hanging around the Holy Family with a couple of cartons

Better get the cops to mooove him on!!:p

Meanwhile over at Dawn headquarters, "Get me two tickets to Garth Brookes,I dont care where or how much"

:D:D I should ask Lee Strand for commission for free advertising! No activity in the Tralee thread for 2 days & then all of a sudden there are 11 posts in a few hours!

We can't let it go so long again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

That's Pat Mustard. He's been keeping lonely housewives happy since Lee Strand was formed.

pat%2Bmustard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

milk is much better for children to drink than the juice drinks full of sugar, additives and what not in them.
    Lee strand market their product just like every other company.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Everyone's different, I'd prefer to buy one ticket then spend the same money on a small chance of winning two.

Is this a serious question? :D:D

You seem to be suggesting that parents that want to win the tickets are going to buy Lee Strand milk and dump the contents. Like most households, they probably need to buy milk anyway. :rolleyes:

Channel 906 on your skybox right now guys!!

Fascinating

You seem to be suggesting that parents that want to win the tickets are going to buy Lee Strand milk and dump the contents. Like most households, they probably need to buy milk anyway. :rolleyes:

????? You seem to have totally misread my post, I didn't suggest any of that. "Like most households, they probably need to buy milk anyway" - ya, like cheaper milk!!

• Advertisement

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Is yr hand sore from stirring? & Im not talking about Channel 906 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

????? You seem to have totally misread my post, I didn't suggest any of that. "Like most households, they probably need to buy milk anyway" - ya, like cheaper milk!!

Maybe I did, but you seem to be suggesting that the €57.50 is a waste of money, I beg to differ, as already said said the customer is getting 50 L of quality milk, the chance to win tickets is just a bonus.
    As regards cheaper milk, like all food products, there is always a cheaper option, but not everyone chooses to buy it.
    The fact is, Lee Strand gives much needed local employment, the 'cheaper milk' gives employment in Northern Ireland.

Is yr hand sore from stirring? & Im not talking about Channel 906 :D

You know I once had to ring babestation and ask the wan could she hide behind the couch because herself was coming down the stairs and I couldnt find the remote

Maybe I did, but you seem to be suggesting that the €57.50 is a waste of money, I beg to differ, as already said said the customer is getting 50 L of quality milk, the chance to win tickets is just a bonus.
    As regards cheaper milk, like all food products, there is always a cheaper option, but not everyone chooses to buy it.
    The fact is, Lee Strand gives much needed local employment, the 'cheaper milk' gives employment in Northern Ireland.

Look it, what Im saying is that parents are under pressure to buy 10 litres of a certain milk each week for 5 weeks - I dont know any family that would go through that amount of milk or spend that amount of money on milk, but you obviously do. I never questioned Lee Strands quality, I just gave my opinion on the way they always seem to be marketing kids to collect the tokens (& I think 10 tokens is too many to have to collect each week).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Passing by Quinlan's today and I noticed that they are advertising a Monday special of Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas and Tartare Sauce for €5. Which is really good compared to their regular €9.95 fish and chips. Did not notice it before so do not know how long the offer has been going on for.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

kn wrote: »
    Passing by Quinlan's today and I noticed that they are advertising a Monday special of Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas and Tartare Sauce for €5. Which is really good compared to their regular €9.95 fish and chips. Did not notice it before so do not know how long the offer has been going on for.

Wow tats agreat deal, omg their fish and chips are the best i have ever tasted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »

I got a sort of snack box in there at lunch time a few weeks ago, but it was on a Friday & I think it was €6 or €6.95. Smaller portion of fish, but it was fine for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah, the €5 snack box is a Monday only offer,they have a survey card at the counter,
    fill it in and you are sent a text with any specials that are being offered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Yeah, the €5 snack box is a Monday only offer,they have a survey card at the counter,
    fill it in and you are sent a text with any specials that are being offered.

Have they a drive thru?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement