Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Have they a drive thru?

Are you Codding?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Its like open mic comedy night in here

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭2013LEO

Have they a drive thru?

You're in the wrong plaice for that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

2013LEO wrote: »
    You're in the wrong plaice for that!

Your milking it now!

Your milking it now!

Don't mention the war! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Lawless Liam

I heard of capital pigs but that lee strand crowd seem to be a pack of capitalist cows. How dare they advertise or have a marketing campaign? That should be Strickly for fizzy drinks and those with alcohol content!
    Away to the rooster now for a crubeen for me. Need to develop a thirst in order to win those ticket. 8 litres of milk for breakfast for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

This plaice is quare fishy tonight.

This plaice is quare fishy tonight.

No need to get crabby now! I have plenty of mussels and am well able for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I'm starting to flounder around thinking of a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Stop carping on about the milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I have had dock enough of the carp on here would people ever cod on to themselves - effin' spratts!

• Registered Users Posts: 59,615 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Salmon in this plaice should call a halibut to this trawling for moray brill fishy puns before it goujons much more. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Look it, what Im saying is that parents are under pressure to buy 10 litres of a certain milk each week for 5 weeks - I dont know any family that would go through that amount of milk or spend that amount of money on milk, but you obviously do. I never questioned Lee Strands quality, I just gave my opinion on the way they always seem to be marketing kids to collect the tokens (& I think 10 tokens is too many to have to collect each week).

You don't know any families that would go through 10 litres of milk a week? Come off it.

keane2097 wrote: »
    You don't know any families that would go through 10 litres of milk a week? Come off it.

No I don't, big deal. We're not all sucky calves :D
    (You havent posted in this thread in weeks & this comment made you post! Are people not entitled to their opinions any more? Boards.ie would be a quiet place without them.)

(You havent posted in this thread in weeks & this comment made you post! Are people not entitled to their opinions any more? Boards.ie would be a quiet place without them.)

Opinions are important which is why people reply with their opinions. My opinion is that your issue is very petty. All companies have a right to promote themselves. They are in business to sell more milk which in turn creates local employment.
    Not everyone is going to be interested in entering the competition and rather than buy extra milk those really interested in the competition will ask neighbours, family and friends to save tokens for them.
    Anyway worst thinks kids could be drinking
    Them bones, them bones.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I posted because I think your complaints about Lee Strand are unusually bizarre and ridiculous - congrats.

You've been going on about it for a fair while at this stage, so it seems a bit rich for someone responding to you to be instantly accused of trying to stop you holding an opinion. If you don't want people to reply to you start a blog.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I posted because I think your complaints about Lee Strand are unusually bizarre and ridiculous - congrats.

You've been going on about it for a fair while at this stage, so it seems a bit rich for someone responding to you to be instantly accused of trying to stop you holding an opinion. If you don't want people to reply to you start a blog.

I don't think I've "been going on about it for a fair while at this stage", but thats yr opinion & yr entitled to it - my original post was yesterday & I was only responding to other posts after that. You're the one however that decided to post about it today & comment on a post from 5.20pm yesterday. Also, I don't think replying to a post an hour after it's posted is "instant" but again thats yr opinion. Hope you have a nice day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Any AIB Buisness customers experiencing difficulties making lodgements in Tralee branch. Recent changes are a nightmare and the new lodgement machines are a disaster!!!! The cash pool upstairs is effectively obsolete !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Opinions are important which is why people reply with their opinions. My opinion is that your issue is very petty. All companies have a right to promote themselves. They are in business to sell more milk which in turn creates local employment.
    Not everyone is going to be interested in entering the competition and rather than buy extra milk those really interested in the competition will ask neighbours, family and friends to save tokens for them.
    Anyway worst thinks kids could be drinking
    Them bones, them bones.......

I dont know how McDonalds are getting away with them Happy Meals. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 harper7

Clab mor wrote: »
    Any AIB Buisness customers experiencing difficulties making lodgements in Tralee branch. Recent changes are a nightmare and the new lodgement machines are a disaster!!!! The cash pool upstairs is effectively obsolete !!!!

should be someone helping with machines there at all times . used to be 2 young girls and a fella there i dont think there is anyone now is there ??

• Advertisement

harper7 wrote: »
    should be someone helping with machines there at all times . used to be 2 young girls and a fella there i dont think there is anyone now is there ??

the machines only take 25 cheques per transaction I sometimes could be lodging 80 or ninety cheques per day, especially at month end, its mortal slow, and you have to review cheques it cant read which adds to the tormenting process PLUS they don't take any coin.

previously business could use the drop safe or cash pool upstairs but now this can ONLY be used if you have over 3grand cash. most of our business involves collecting cheques so we rarely have that much cash despite the over all lodgement being well over and beyond 3grand.

We are now forced to lodge everything through the machines, today I was 40 mins making three lodgements, if we have coin we have to q down stairs ??

Surely this is a backwards step for banking??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

As a business customer I agree it's a joke in AIB! They just have the attitude in there that they don't want anyone coming in or that they would prefer not to count money! They now won't take in lodgements under €3k in their drawer drop (which has been out of order all week!). They insist on commercial customers standing at a self service machine & feeding in notes which can take forever if you are trying to lodge a lot! The machines are so slow and it's very annoying.
    If you want coin you have to go before 12pm or queue for ages in normal queue after 12pm! It's very annoying! Although I see bank of Ireland are now pretty similar!
    I heard one girl tell a customer why don't they hold onto cash for a few days till it gets to over €3k!!??? What planet do these people live on!?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    As a business customer I agree it's a joke in AIB! They just have the attitude in there that they don't want anyone coming in or that they would prefer not to count money! They now won't take in lodgements under €3k in their drawer drop (which has been out of order all week!). They insist on commercial customers standing at a self service machine & feeding in notes which can take forever if you are trying to lodge a lot! The machines are so slow and it's very annoying.
    If you want coin you have to go before 12pm or queue for ages in normal queue after 12pm! It's very annoying! Although I see bank of Ireland are now pretty similar!
    I heard one girl tell a customer why don't they hold onto cash for a few days till it gets to over €3k!!??? What planet do these people live on!?

We had a meeting with the branch manager recently to discuss the fiasco. He also suggested the same thing and told us to avoid banking on Mondays or Friday cause that's there busier days. I had to q during the week for 45mins with a lodgement over 20grand for the sake of 2x€2 coins, the teller asked me "did I really have to lodge the coin???????" (If I don't my day doesn't reconcile with my receipts and it becomes a nightmare to match lodgements with collections)

The machines are not designed for business customer use but rather for personal accounts lodging one or two cheques or possibly a bit of cash.

I joined the q during the week with 20 customers in front of me while THREE members of AIB staff walked up and down the q checking if people could use the machines or phones provided rather than a teller. If those three were behind the counters you'd imagine things would move a lot faster.

Holding onto cash has obvious security issues and business want it lodged and off there premises asap.

I appreciate that banks have had to cut costs and corners etc but this is stone age banking.

They now won't take in lodgements under €3k in their drawer drop (which has been out of order all week!). QUOTE]

BTW its not out of order its just making people buzz in to the cash pool so that they can inform them they are now not accepting anything under 3grand and to use the crappy machines.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

We had a meeting with the branch manager recently to discuss the fiasco. He also suggested the same thing and told us to avoid banking on Mondays or Friday cause that's there busier days. I had to q during the week for 45mins with a lodgement over 20grand for the sake of 2x€2 coins, the teller asked me "did I really have to lodge the coin???????" (If I don't my day doesn't reconcile with my receipts and it becomes a nightmare to match lodgements with collections)

The machines are not designed for business customer use but rather for personal accounts lodging one or two cheques or possibly a bit of cash.

I joined the q during the week with 20 customers in front of me while THREE members of AIB staff walked up and down the q checking if people could use the machines or phones provided rather than a teller. If those three were behind the counters you'd imagine things would move a lot faster.

Holding onto cash has obvious security issues and business want it lodged and off there premises asap.

I appreciate that banks have had to cut costs and corners etc but this is stone age banking.

I also said it to manager & that we have to lodge regularly, bills have to be paid like!! It's so annoying in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I also said it to manager & that we have to lodge regularly, bills have to be paid like!! It's so annoying in there!
    I used bank in the Denny St branch until it was closed 12(?) years ago and i got some shock the first time i went into Castle St to do a bit of business:eek:. Huge queues and nobody knowing where anybody else was.

And it hasn't got any better. Now i have to ring Limerick for any queries on my O/D or getting any loans.

The business model they are going after involves having the majority of money transferred electronically which is fine up to a point. They want me to use some card reader now for receipts and purchases but the 2.5G we have simply won't support it but every time i point it out they start telling me about 4G. In Tralee. And me 10 miles outside the town boundary:rolleyes:.

Should have let them go broke:mad:

*rant over*

Now, now Ciarrai, don't you know you shouldn't make negative comments about a business in Tralee on this thread :D

On a serious note though, I came across this sad news on another thread relating to AIB:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/mother-with-terminal-cancer-told-arrears-mean-mortgage-will-not-be-paid-off-when-she-dies-264892.html#.U0ZfX204qn4.facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Now, now Ciarrai, don't you know you shouldn't make negative comments about a business in Tralee on this thread :D

There is nothing wrong with negative comments, when they are justified. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Why not consider changing your banks? You owe the bank nothing, if they don't make banking easier for you, go to someone who will.

• Advertisement

There is nothing wrong with negative comments, when they are justified. ;)

No offence, but I think the second part of my post puts alot of things in life in perspective but I see you decided not to comment on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement