Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

2013LEO wrote: »
    No offence, but I think the second part of my post puts alot of things in life in perspective but I see you decided not to comment on that.

No offence, but why did you add the first part then?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Why not consider changing your banks? You owe the bank nothing, if they don't make banking easier for you, go to someone who will.

I suppose it's easier said than done really the company I work for operate up to 50 other sites around Southern Ireland. To change banks means changing all electronic payments to suppliers/wages/card machines/financing etc I'd imagine its a bigger job than one would imagine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Clab mor wrote: »
    I suppose it's easier said than done really the company I work for operate up to 50 other sites around Southern Ireland. To change banks means changing all electronic payments to suppliers/wages/card machines/financing etc I'd imagine its a bigger job than one would imagine!!

The bank will look after 90% of that for you. Standing orders with third parties have to be sorted out with your help though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Clab mor wrote: »
    Any AIB Buisness customers experiencing difficulties making lodgements in Tralee branch. Recent changes are a nightmare and the new lodgement machines are a disaster!!!! The cash pool upstairs is effectively obsolete !!!!

Cash pool upstairs ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

adam88 wrote: »
    Cash pool upstairs ?????
    Oh yeah, its been there with years.

Its great on a hot summers day when you get to take the kids in too. Just watch out for the 1c coins, little fekkers get everywhere:D

• Advertisement

The bank will look after 90% of that for you. Standing orders with third parties have to be sorted out with your help though

I'd be skeptical that it would run that smoothly tbh. A logistical nightmare I'd say for a corporate account!!!

adam88 wrote: »
    Cash pool upstairs ?????

Cash pooling is actually a financial term!!!

Google it for the proper definition I'm too lazy ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

2013LEO wrote: »
    Now, now Ciarrai, don't you know you shouldn't make negative comments about a business in Tralee on this thread :D

On a serious note though, I came across this sad news on another thread relating to AIB:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/mother-with-terminal-cancer-told-arrears-mean-mortgage-will-not-be-paid-off-when-she-dies-264892.html#.U0ZfX204qn4.facebook

excuse me?? its about a bank....which funnily enough we are meant to own! I am not making negative comments about someone else's business! They are meant to be working for US! Why are you stirring??

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    excuse me?? its about a bank....which funnily enough we are meant to own! I am not making neative comments about someone else's business! They are meant to be working for US! Why are you stirring??

Methinks there is a little "whoosh" moment occurring here, I'm pretty sure Leo was in no way being serious?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Methinks there is a little "whoosh" moment occurring here, I'm pretty sure Leo was in no way being serious?

'whoosh' moment??

• Advertisement

'whoosh' moment??

When something inadvertently goes over ones head

When something inadvertently goes over ones head

then it must have went over more than just my head seeing as someone else commented on it too!

then it must have went over more than just my head seeing as someone else commented on it too!

I would have thought the link between not attacking local businesses for the sake of it, and somebody having a go at the the banks would have been as subtle as a sledgehammer!
    Do you genuinely believe that Leo was having a pop at you?

I would have thought the link between not attacking local businesses for the sake of it, and somebody having a go at the the banks would have been as subtle as a sledgehammer!
    Do you genuinely believe that Leo was having a pop at you?

it reads that way, but maybe I'm being sensitive! I don't like slagging off a business here, and have said it before, so hence I took it as a dig.....but I must have missed the so called joke! Plus Pirate also commented on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It's tetchy in this week.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    It's tetchy in this week.

And me trying to be the peace maker too! Normally I'm stood behind the fire chucking buckets of petrol onto the blaze! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

.......moving on ,will Bubba Watson win The Masters tomorrow?

that house up across from Manor west Hotel is in bad shape! Front windows smashed, looks even more of an eye sore than ever! probably has squatters at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

that house up across from Manor west Hotel is in bad shape! Front windows smashed, looks even more of an eye sore than ever! probably has squatters at this stage!

Is that the one with the little lane that people use as a short cut to get out of Manor SC? I'd say whoever owns it would get great money for that as it would be an excellent high profile site for commercial use.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is that the one with the little lane that people use as a short cut to get out of Manor SC? I'd say whoever owns it would get great money for that as it would be an excellent high profile site for commercial use.

no, its on the main road, just opposite the hotel...there is a car valeting place next to it where Boyles Tyres is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Interesting reading the experiences with AIB; It was just as bad in BOI on Friday! The new setup doesnt work....one machine totally out of action, second slow then shut down. Queue out near the back door and over twenty lined up for the cashiers! Half dozen waiting for assistance near phone banking customer service, people sat waiting outside every single office and manager running round like headless chicken......chaos! Then of course permanent tsb now close cash desks every day at 3pm but at least their mini statements and open24 work fairly consistently.....anyone any experience of ulster at the moment? last time i was there it was like a ghost town! Overall while i can understand the reasoning for fewer staff, there aren't adequate replacement facilities in any of the banks as far as i can see - long way to go before they get the balance between technology and customer service right i think!

Danae1 wrote: »
    Interesting reading the experiences with AIB; It was just as bad in BOI on Friday! The new setup doesnt work....one machine totally out of action, second slow then shut down. Queue out near the back door and over twenty lined up for the cashiers! Half dozen waiting for assistance near phone banking customer service, people sat waiting outside every single office and manager running round like headless chicken......chaos! Then of course permanent tsb now close cash desks every day at 3pm but at least their mini statements and open24 work fairly consistently.....anyone any experience of ulster at the moment? last time i was there it was like a ghost town! Overall while i can understand the reasoning for fewer staff, there aren't adequate replacement facilities in any of the banks as far as i can see - long way to go before they get the balance between technology and customer service right i think!

Service in Ulster Bank is excellent !

They are a great team of enthusiastic ladies and gentlemen.

Their courteousness , politeness and professionalism is second to none.

It would be unusual to see more than 6 people queuing to meet a cashier or staff member.

Well done Ulster Bank !

Service in Ulster Bank is excellent !

They are a great team of enthusiastic ladies and gentlemen.

Their courteousness , politeness and professionalism is second to none.

It would be unusual to see more than 6 people queuing to meet a cashier or staff member.

Well done Ulster Bank !

Now if only we could withdraw our money from their pesky cash points :)

Now if only we could withdraw our money from their pesky cash points :)

I don't have any problem.

I don't have any problem.

People lost a lot of confidence in Ulster bank when those problems arose. Not a reflection on the Tralee branch, but it's hard to be overly confident in a banking institution that can't process payments, or allow people to withdraw money from their account.

People lost a lot of confidence in Ulster bank when those problems arose. Not a reflection on the Tralee branch, but it's hard to be overly confident in a banking institution that can't process payments, or allow people to withdraw money from their account.

Oh indeed. You are of course referring to the Computer Malfunction approx. 3 years ago However as far as I know the issues were dealt with , may I add very professionally in Tralee Branch

Oh indeed. You are of course referring to the Computer Malfunction approx. 3 years ago However as far as I know the issues were dealt with , may I add very professionally in Tralee Branch

Do you mean the glitch in 2012 or the one just before Xmas past?

Do you mean the glitch in 2012 or the one just before Xmas past?

Apologies I thought it was in 2011, but you may be correct with 2012.

I don't recall an issue before Xmas past, however I was out of the country.

Apologies I thought it was in 3011, but you may be correct with 2012.

I don't recall an issue before Xmas past, however I was out of the country.

3011 ?! Out of the country, you mean time travelling don't you? ......who wins the world cup next year, we could make a few quid off Paddy powers :)

• Advertisement

3011 ?! Out of the country, you mean time travelling don't you? ......who wins the world cup next year, we could make a few quid off Paddy powers :)

England beat Brazil 2-0 after extra time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement