Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Danae1 wrote: »
    Interesting reading the experiences with AIB; It was just as bad in BOI on Friday! The new setup doesnt work....one machine totally out of action, second slow then shut down. Queue out near the back door and over twenty lined up for the cashiers! Half dozen waiting for assistance near phone banking customer service, people sat waiting outside every single office and manager running round like headless chicken......chaos! Then of course permanent tsb now close cash desks every day at 3pm but at least their mini statements and open24 work fairly consistently.....anyone any experience of ulster at the moment? last time i was there it was like a ghost town! Overall while i can understand the reasoning for fewer staff, there aren't adequate replacement facilities in any of the banks as far as i can see - long way to go before they get the balance between technology and customer service right i think!

Some manager somewhere dreamed all this up in the name of improved efficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

I have been in Ulster Bank a few times in recent weeks, normally early in the morning so not a great judge of queues, I was able to go straight to cashier, no queue once you had got through the Credit Union queue outside to get to the door. They are the only bank in town left with a full cashier service, no machines, dry lodgement box only.

I had the misfortune to go into BoI the other day just to get a form, haven't been there since the renovations, spotted a relative in the cashier queue and waited to have a word. Took me ages to actually get a staff member, couldn't even figure out where to go, made worse by the fact that they were not wearing uniforms that day. Eventually got my form, was there about 15 mins and my relative was still stuck in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Just to let ye all know. Boots in Tralee are selling boxes of 12 condoms for a euro.

Brilliant value. But now it raises another question.

How in the world are thru getting away with the high profit margins when they sell them for 12 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

On the issue of queues the Tralee Credit Union queue has just gone ridiculous since they revamped the place. They have the slowest tellers on earth bar none! It doesn't help that they do not leave any withdrawal forms to fill out that would at least save some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

adam88 wrote: »
    Just to let ye all know. Boots in Tralee are selling boxes of 12 condoms for a euro.

Brilliant value. But now it raises another question.

How in the world are thru getting away with the high profit margins when they sell them for 12 euros.

I'd check how porous one of those 12 for a euro condoms is before riding off into battle. You might spend the next 18 years regretting it. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

groovie wrote: »
    I'd check how porous one of those 12 for a euro condoms is before riding off into battle. You might spend the next 18 years regretting it. 😀

There durexs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

groovie wrote: »

Could be longer than 18 years,,,,,,,,, got to factor in College & Student Lodgings , Car to get to college............................

Could be supporting for a quarter of a Century!!

Before going into battle make sure the equipment is not faulty........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

adam88 wrote: »
    There durexs
    For that price they sound more like Dulux...:D

They may very well be genuine but i have come across some good brand name electrical tools that were poor copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

5live wrote: »

They may very well be genuine but i have come across some good brand name electrical tools that were poor copies.

Your hitachi was a poor knock off? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Your hitachi was a poor knock off? :)
    :D

No i borrowed a Black and Decker drill from a friend. Hammer action was more like feather action. It turned out he got a 'bargain' at a car boot sale:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

No pun intended I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

:D

No i borrowed a Black and Decker drill from a friend. Hammer action was more like feather action. It turned out he got a 'bargain' at a car boot sale:)

Hammer action :D

Had lunch in Spa Seafood Restaurant this afternoon.

Food was excellent , so too was the view from our favourite table by the window.

Merci beaucoup Catherine et Jane xx

Bubba won The Masters! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Before going into battle make sure the equipment is not faulty........

You're talking here about the PPE or the protected equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Had lunch in Spa Seafood Restaurant this afternoon.
    Had lunch there last week it was excellent! French Onion Soup and Cod and Chips. They didnt have the desert we ordered so they gave us the coffee on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Any one hear the Tralee Area council election debate on Radio Kerry just now? Norma Foley said she would represent the people of Brosna, Knocknagoshel and Fenit equally. Sorry but Im going to vote for the candidates that puts the town first! We have a lot of urban problems and challenges and with the demise of the UDC towns like Tralee and Killarney need to put urban issues to the fore. There are plenty of able rural dwellers (like the Healy Raes) who are excellent at putting the rural case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

It's not an urban election, it would be political suicide to say she's not going to look after the outlying areas when she needs their votes . FF councillors aren't overly popular at the moment, she's going to need all the votes she can get

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Report in The Kerryman today

"Tralee men are being warned to be on the lookout for a pair of women running a ' honeytrap' scam targeting drunken males in the early hours of the morning."

How are you supposed to be on the look out if your drunk? :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just remember that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

• Advertisement

I would like to compliment the wonderful people in Tralee Co. Co. who have repaired the promenade leading to the diving boards in Fenit.

Fenit took an horiffic bashing during the storms in Dec , Jan & February.

Well done to all concerned. A fabulous repair job will be completed in time for Easter.

Go raibh mile maith agaibh.

beertons wrote: »
    Just remember that if something sounds too good to be true, it's probably a trap.

Honey Monsters!!

Report in The Kerryman today

"Tralee men are being warned to be on the lookout for a pair of women running a ' honeytrap' scam targeting drunken males in the early hours of the morning."

Are these Tralee men being 'taken advantage of'?? :)

Honeytrap's classically are blackmail jobs. So are they targeting married men?

kn wrote: »
    Are these Tralee men being 'taken advantage of'?? :)

Honeytrap's classically are blackmail jobs. So are they targeting married men?

Very disappointed, did not come across any little honeys looking to take advantage of me !

Tom MCEllistrim was out canvassing in our district this pm.

My wife duly stopped him entering our property and refuse to take a leaflet from him. She further advised that she would not be voting for him. He retorted and said he will walk in anyway!!!

I have to say he has great confidence in his own inability.

If he was the only person on the ballot paper I would not vote for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Close one eye, squint with the other and tilt your head to the side. It works for me at least.;)

Is there a list of candidates at this stage?

How many seats are involved?

Is there a list of candidates at this stage?

How many seats are involved?

Nominations don't close until early May. 'Tralee' is a 9 seater but in saying that it actually stretches from West of Blennerville all the way to the Cork border.

Candidates that I know of are:

Foley, McEllistrim and Ted Fitz FF, Johnnie Wall FF Lite/Ind, Sam Locke and Tommy Collins Ind, Finucane, McCarthy and Grace O'Donnell FG, G Spring, Terry O'Brien and Wharton-Slattery Lab, Ferris and Daly SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Wow, I just see Del's profile above - he has closed his account? I hope that is not permanent - I for one will miss his contributions to this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    Wow, I just see Del's profile above - he has closed his account? I hope that is not permanent - I for one will miss his contributions to this thread!

no it says Location: closed account!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement