Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

I think Clab Mor should buy a racing bike and join a local cycling club. Our club have a mentoring programme at the moment for beginner cyclists. We leave the co. buildings at 6.30 on a Thursday evening. Looking forward to seeing you there. P.S.: If you have any problems with Sports Cyclists, sure you can tell everyone on Thursday. You can even explain to them how you think they should cycle their bikes. See you Thursday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Clabmor,

You missed a couple of fine, fit, fillies, clad in lycra, heading from the College down to the bypass this evening.

They were creating quite a tail back. None of the motorists were in a rush to overtake these cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

A dirty old men convention & nobody invited me!
    "I like big butts & I cannot lie, You other brothers can't deny!.."
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Clabmor,

You missed a couple of fine, fit, fillies, clad in lycra, heading from the College down to the bypass this evening.

They were creating quite a tail back. None of the motorists were in a rush to overtake these cyclists.

Was wondering what was going on,saw alot of lads driving around looking like this :)

43381525.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

kingdomlad wrote: »
    I think Clab Mor should buy a racing bike and join a local cycling club. Our club have a mentoring programme at the moment for beginner cyclists. We leave the co. buildings at 6.30 on a Thursday evening. Looking forward to seeing you there. P.S.: If you have any problems with Sports Cyclists, sure you can tell everyone on Thursday. You can even explain to them how you think they should cycle their bikes. See you Thursday!!!

Been there done that worn the tshirt thought it was one of the most boring things I've ever done in my life.

• Advertisement

Go back to Bingo so.:)

Go back to Bingo so.:)

Na bingo is for losers I much prefer my new game for the summer...........
    Clab mor wrote: »
    I am well able to run most middle aged fat f***s in tight shorts into the ditch. No problems here ;)

Clabmor,

It's prob something we could open a new thread for.... RAISE awarness and all that.

If one was aware of a fit bunch of ladies on a particular road a fella could possibly take a different road home to check it out!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

P.S.: If you have any problems with Sports Cyclists, sure you can tell everyone on Thursday. You can even explain to them how you think they should cycle their bikes. See you Thursday!!!

If he can keep up. Some fat middle aged lads in lycra have a surprising ability to reel off 100km without breaking a sweat.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    If he can keep up. Some fat middle aged lads in lycra have a surprising ability to reel off 100km without breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately another rather annoying trait of the sports cyclist...... The my balls are bigger than your balls scenario.

If cyclist A does 50km then cyclist B will almost certainly have done 60km and prob in less time it took cyclist A, despite both stories being a loada crap and bravado bull****!!!!!!

I know two lads from work who spew this rubbish a couple of times a week. Its comical.

It's right up there with the muppets that post there total KM and route from "map my cycle" or other similar apps on social media sites.

Just for the record no one gives a **** how far you've cycled how long it took or where you've been!!!!! Just reach over pat yourself on the back and get over it!!!!!

• Advertisement

It's prob something we could open a new thread for.... RAISE awarness and all that.

If one was aware of a fit bunch of ladies on a particular road a fella could possibly take a different road home to check it out!!! ;)

Well, you can't say you were not advised!

I won't be there tomorrow as I am attending a course!!

Well, you can't say you were not advised!

I won't be there tomorrow as I am attending a course!!

Race or Golf course ;)

Race or Golf course ;)

Golf course , thanks.

It may be worth investing in one of those dash cams they sell in Halfords

Golf course , thanks.

It may be worth investing in one of those dash cams they sell in Halfords

Fortunately my car along with the entire fleet has both a dash cam and gps as required by the companies insurers.

The dash cams have already been used twice at our company to help prove negligence on a third party for accidents.

Thankfully I've never had to call upon it yet and hopefully never will.

That is of course unless I find myself behind a female cycling group of the chain gang or free wheelers!!!!!! I may have to tune in to check its clarity!!!!

Unfortunately another rather annoying trait of the sports cyclist...... The my balls are bigger than your balls scenario.

If cyclist A does 50km then cyclist B will almost certainly have done 60km and prob in less time it took cyclist A, despite both stories being a loada crap and bravado bull****!!!!!!

I know two lads from work who spew this rubbish a couple of times a week. Its comical.

It's right up there with the muppets that post there total KM and route from "map my cycle" or other similar apps on social media sites.

Just for the record no one gives a **** how far you've cycled how long it took or where you've been!!!!! Just reach over pat yourself on the back and get over it!!!!!

You're an angry lad. Its called a sport. It's meant to be competitive.

Fortunately my car along with the entire fleet has both a dash cam and gps as required by the companies insurers.

The dash cams have already been used twice at our company to help prove negligence on a third party for accidents.

Thankfully I've never had to call upon it yet and hopefully never will.

That is of course unless I find myself behind a female cycling group of the chain gang or free wheelers!!!!!! I may have to tune in to check its clarity!!!!

Dash cams can save your ass !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Clabmor,

How does your wife look on a bike Walter? Im sure the thought of some dirty old man rubbing the <snip>while she is out cycling would please you or would it please you more to think that some<snip> left her fat ass half dead in a ditch somewhere.
    You would want to get a grip on yourself lad, your acting like a giddy school boy.

Its creepy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Anyone here know what company does drain clearing at reasonable/cheap price? Thanks for any info!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Danae1 wrote: »
    Anyone here know what company does drain clearing at reasonable/cheap price? Thanks for any info!

Going by a search of the Golden Pages there are two companies in Tralee that provide this service and one company in Miltown

http://www.goldenpages.ie/drain-cleaning-service/tralee-kerry-county/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The casual lechery and sexism about people out minding their own business cycling in the fine weather around Tralee the last few days is nauseating.

This could be the mothers, sisters and daughters of people on this thread you are talking about. Stop being such ****ing creeps.

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    You're an angry lad. Its called a sport. It's meant to be competitive.

Apologies if the tone came across as angry I didn't intend it to be. I just call it how I see it and I do find that bravado ****e quite funny.

How's ever your comment above reiterates what I've been saying previously......... it's called a sport so treat it like one stick to a track or velodrome or other suitable spot but keep sports off the roads there dangerous enough as it stands.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The casual lechery and sexism about people out minding their own business cycling in the fine weather around Tralee the last few days is nauseating.

This could be the mothers, sisters and daughters of people on this thread you are talking about. Stop being such ****ing creeps.

It's harmless banter chillax ........

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

By the way Mod: since when am I a new user and can't post images/urls??
    This has been changed lately due to some really stupid muppetry, off the top of my head its 50 posts.

Sorry, I edited this post instead of replying to it!

Apologies if the tone came across as angry I didn't intend it to be. I just call it how I see it and I do find that bravado ****e quite funny.

How's ever your comment above reiterates what I've been saying previously......... it's called a sport so treat it like one stick to a track or velodrome or other suitable spot but keep sports off the roads there dangerous enough as it stands.

Will you turn up at the start of The Ring Of Kerry Charity Cycle and tell the 9000 cyclists that they shouldnt be on the roads. Im sure you'll get a great reaction. Now get your big fat lazy ass back into your car and play with your dashcam!!

Will you turn up at the start of The Ring Of Kerry Charity Cycle and tell the 9000 cyclists that they shouldnt be on the roads. Im sure you'll get a great reaction. Now get your big fat lazy ass back into your car and play with your dashcam!!

Harsh............ enough with the bravado we all know cyclists are way tougher than everyone else i wouldn't dream of insulting one for fear he'd beat me up!!!!!

I swim three mornings a week and play a bit of the GAA so my arse is far from fat I'll have you know. ;)

Just make sure when your swimming that its in a swimming pool. You shouldnt swim in the sea. The sea should only be reserved for boats! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Have been away and so just read the last few pages re cyclists v motorists It is a contest -isnt it ?As an avid lycra clad middle aged cyclist and a "professional"driver i have seen alot of dumb ass cyclists and motorists A little courtesy and consideration from both groups would help enormously Please refer to the posts of "xxyyzz "for the voice of reason and moderation A little respect from both groups towards the other and lets all use the "public"road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was in pet mania today ,that place looks like its closing down, empty shelves everywhere or did I miss something? And there was plenty of price cards of stuff that used to be there.

Didn't look like many staff in there either, hope it's not closing .

Just make sure when your swimming that its in a swimming pool. You shouldnt swim in the sea. The sea should only be reserved for boats! :o

Obviously??????

• Advertisement

Harsh............ enough with the bravado we all know cyclists are way tougher than everyone else i wouldn't dream of insulting one for fear he'd beat me up!!!!!

I swim three mornings a week and play a bit of the GAA so my arse is far from fat I'll have you know. ;)

Anyone who wears those GAA hotpants shorts cannot give out about cycling gear and it shouldn't be played in a field. Fields are for cows and sheep to graze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement